Recent Topics

Ads

WH 40/40 Build thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mursie

Re: WH 40/40 Build thoughts

Post#21 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Bretin wrote:could someone tell me the benefits of speccing Exit Wounds? .
lol. priceless

Ads
Dabbart

Post#22 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:25 pm

I Love BaL. I don't have the real stats, but I know that it has given me a large set of kills. Especially on kiters, or insta-revenge kills(THE BEST ONES!). But outside of smallish SCs or small fights, BaL rarely has the time to tick. Targets are simply melted too quickly for that last tick to come into play enough.

If you're running with a somewhat organized asssist group, EW is going to be more effective in the long run. If you find that you are hitting targets by yourself, or without any reasonable support, then BaL is King. But, if you got a melee DoK smashing it's way around, and your NOT in parry/riposte build, then EW debuffing str/ws/tough debuffing inc and outgoing heals will end it.

Really, it comes down to style and the situations that you find yourself in most frequently. I don't think one is inherently better than the other.

Dragon Gun on the other hand.....
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Bretin

Post#23 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Dabbart wrote:I Love BaL. I don't have the real stats, but I know that it has given me a large set of kills. Especially on kiters, or insta-revenge kills(THE BEST ONES!). But outside of smallish SCs or small fights, BaL rarely has the time to tick. Targets are simply melted too quickly for that last tick to come into play enough.

If you're running with a somewhat organized asssist group, EW is going to be more effective in the long run. If you find that you are hitting targets by yourself, or without any reasonable support, then BaL is King. But, if you got a melee DoK smashing it's way around, and your NOT in parry/riposte build, then EW debuffing str/ws/tough debuffing inc and outgoing heals will end it.

Really, it comes down to style and the situations that you find yourself in most frequently. I don't think one is inherently better than the other.

Dragon Gun on the other hand.....
i gave you the numbers including dmg increase/decrease and proofed your argument wrong before you typed it so i really don't get the point. outgoing healdebuff can be used with any build so i still fail to understand it.

Dabbart

Post#24 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:56 am

Sounds like you didn't actually read what I wrote...

Yes. Over the entirety of the Tick BaL does more damage. Unless it doesn't have time to Tick for a multitude of reasons. BaL requires enemy placement, EW doesn't. The differences aren't strictly damage based. It comes down to your style, grouping, and what you find to be more helpful.

And the Heal debuff comments are about how they function in conjunction with EW. Well aware you can get it in any spec.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Lokitana

Post#25 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Damn squig herders, so nasty to fight. Not sure what build would work against them.

noisestorm

Post#26 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:12 pm

if you cannot kill him in the 3 seconds of your stealth+kd opener and he manages to pot and gets a speedprocc/selfpunt off, then youre most likely f*cked if the SH has more than 3 braincells. but thats simply how it is

The only thing that could help if youre fast enough as well, are sprint+ap pot and CC immunity/cleanse RR skills, but even then the distance the SH could have built up to you would most likely be your certain death. No matter what normal Specc you have, they always remain a nuisance

Lokitana

Post#27 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Yeah I know, and just SH's insane over all damage out of minimum effort doesn't help either.

Hienzwar

Post#28 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Interesting read.

Having played this class since beta I have tried all sorts of builds, some great some really bloody terrible.

It is down to you play style. Be fun to have a 1v1 or a dps race some time.

Ads
Stmichael1989

Post#29 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Used to have a rr80ish WH on live, great fun. I actually ran a build with prolonged confession that let me keep 2 executions up at all times.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

Lots of fun. Highly recommended.

As for EW vs BAL, they're both really good. BAL was better for single target ganking, ie killing a healer while the melee train was focusing something else. The damage output plus double heal debug guaranteed someone died, if not both at the same time. Wreaked havoc. EW was better for following the assist train though. A toughness debuff twice as strong as a full vigil knight is huge, and that multiplies times every person hitting the target. Not to mention the damage is front loaded rather than back loaded, which is better if you plan to drop the target before the last tic of BAL.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Fiddlehero

Post#30 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:01 am

I know this isn't a 40/40 build, but what about a spec that ran both EW, and BAL?

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... :4365:4375:

I understand that I'm missing out on knock down, and PTF, but I feel like the versatility of both BAL, and EW really make up for it.

Please feel free to critique the build, my WH on live only made it to T2, and my current one is rank 37.

Also, since the rr cap is 80, do we get another mastery point? Or do we stop getting them at 70?
Rychter-Witch Hunter
Valrin-Engineer
Targrimm-Slayer
Norgar-Runepriest
Thyrsis-Shadow Warrior
Freiderick-Bright Wizard
Halgard-Ironbreaker