Recent Topics

Ads

WH 40/40 Build thoughts

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

WH 40/40 Build thoughts

Post#1 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:40 am

Currently, I have 3 builds on my WH depending on what I am doing(Duel, ORvR, SC). With 40/40 opening however, I am going to be switching to 2(Duelz, and everything else). Open to any thoughts or opinions.

Duelz:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 64:4365:0:

Switching Ripose and Flowing Accusations depending on opponent. Ripose has been working very well in t3 duels, and I think pre RR50+ that it should still be an effective damage source. BaL I get for 2 reasons, 1, The final tick has caused a LOT of duels to go from a loss to a draw for me, and it is simply too effective against kiting RDPS to not take. And 2, stealth+PW+Fervor+FP+Torment+BaL+Torment until the accopalypse is my mine spike on duelz. Even if I dropped BaL, I would still enjoy the added lvls on torment. And I think getting that extra seconds of 100% parry will seal the deal abit.

Everything Else:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 64:4365:0:

Double Heal debuff is just priceless for ganking. I do however have thoughts on my 4th Tactic. I love Flanking. That extra 15% damage can be a big difference on occasion, and flowing accusation is very helpful, especially for dumping debuffs.

Kinda basic stuff, but always nice to get other perspectives.

Cheers!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: WH 40/40 Build thoughts

Post#2 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:03 am

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 364:4365:0:

when the time comes you should also grab seal of destruction secondly we can have flanking also since their is no trival blows we will for sure have more than enough RR to max out str and so hit the 1095 str soft cap, then we can swap out BF for flanking

Tklees

Post#3 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:10 am

TenTonHammer wrote:http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 364:4365:0:

when the time comes you should also grab seal of destruction secondly we can have flanking also since their is no trival blows we will for sure have more than enough RR to max out str and so hit the 1095 str soft cap, then we can swap out BF for flanking
if we can get to 1095 then Id say flowing accusations but even then I tend to use my Renown for defense so I am left with needing BF otherwise I agree on the spec.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:19 am

Tklees wrote: if we can get to 1095 then Id say flowing accusations but even then I tend to use my Renown for defense so I am left with needing BF otherwise I agree on the spec.

besides max parry and 1 lvl of RD what else do you spec in defensively?

Dabbart

Post#5 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:24 am

Aye, RR50 is SoD. I use RR for melee crit then parry in duels, and deft defender (dodge/disrupt) for ORvR/SCs. RDPS kills me, not MDPS/tanks.

I have a long way to go gear wise before I will have capped STR I think. Still lvling up, but I'm only at 900. So a ways to go.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tklees

Post#6 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:39 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Tklees wrote: if we can get to 1095 then Id say flowing accusations but even then I tend to use my Renown for defense so I am left with needing BF otherwise I agree on the spec.

besides max parry and 1 lvl of RD what else do you spec in defensively?
i dont max parry, i would max dd first. RDPS is your greatest threat. CW is also a fav
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

sydd

Post#7 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:40 am

Duelz:

Switching Ripose and Flowing Accusations depending on opponent. Ripose has been working very well in t3 duels, and I think pre RR50+ that it should still be an effective damage source. BaL I get for 2 reasons, 1, The final tick has caused a LOT of duels to go from a loss to a draw for me, and it is simply too effective against kiting RDPS to not take. And 2, stealth+PW+Fervor+FP+Torment+BaL+Torment until the accopalypse is my mine spike on duelz. Even if I dropped BaL, I would still enjoy the added lvls on torment. And I think getting that extra seconds of 100% parry will seal the deal abit.
I have two questions for you:

1) Duels...against whom? I'm asking because I think this build may be fine only in some cases.

2) Why Risposte (or FC) instead of Flanking if you don't tend to maximize parry? I mean Risposte could be a better choice if you run a defensive build.

Bye!

Annaise16

Post#8 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:56 am

The soft cap should be 1050. 1095 was the soft cap for a level 46 (40/100) toon.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:19 am

sydd wrote:
Duelz:

1) Duels...against whom? I'm asking because I think this build may be fine only in some cases.

2) Why Risposte (or FC) instead of Flanking if you don't tend to maximize parry? I mean Risposte could be a better choice if you run a defensive build.

Bye!
1, Against anyone who shows up, or wants too! I am always open to dueling, against any class! I am well aware that WHs match up terribly with some classes, but I don't mind. It's all experience, and I might learn something that I can use in ORvR or a later duel. Or just make a buddy.

However, I am mainly going up against dessie Tanks, Mara's, DoKs and the occasional SH/magus. Those tend to be what show up at the Dueling events. Chosen and BOs in particular have been the focus of my design. But flipping some tactics and, now mainly that Epic Jewelry is available, some equip and I can compete with the RDPS generally. Dueling super kiters still sucks though.

2, Sorry, I wasn't clear on that part. Deft Defender is what I roll my RR into on everything BUT duels. It's melee crit/parry for dueling. I ran 32% parry(wore Duelist) on the last event and it worked very well. I really like the build, I was still criting for 1k+ on Torments very often(with ini debuff) BaL ticks like a MFer, and between AA and Riposte I was producing very good DPS. And once I get it, I think a well timed Repel Blasphemy could seal alot of Duels.

Any Particular changes you would make?

sydd

Post#10 » Wed May 11, 2016 11:47 am

Dabbart wrote:
sydd wrote:
Duelz:

Bye!
1, Against anyone who shows up, or wants too! I am always open to dueling, against any class! I am well aware that WHs match up terribly with some classes, but I don't mind. It's all experience, and I might learn something that I can use in ORvR or a later duel. Or just make a buddy.

However, I am mainly going up against dessie Tanks, Mara's, DoKs and the occasional SH/magus. Those tend to be what show up at the Dueling events. Chosen and BOs in particular have been the focus of my design. But flipping some tactics and, now mainly that Epic Jewelry is available, some equip and I can compete with the RDPS generally. Dueling super kiters still sucks though.

2, Sorry, I wasn't clear on that part. Deft Defender is what I roll my RR into on everything BUT duels. It's melee crit/parry for dueling. I ran 32% parry(wore Duelist) on the last event and it worked very well. I really like the build, I was still criting for 1k+ on Torments very often(with ini debuff) BaL ticks like a MFer, and between AA and Riposte I was producing very good DPS. And once I get it, I think a well timed Repel Blasphemy could seal alot of Duels.

Any Particular changes you would make?

Well, i played as Wh untill RR80+ on live servers and if i remember well you will notice that some of skills or tactics will lose their effectiveness over levels (Risposte for example).
I also remember very well that the only two choices for soloing were:

1) http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... :4365:4375:

Very effective against enemy casters: PW + STH + SoM guarantee 13 secs of immunity. Vindication tactic is great in this case but you can slot flanking also.
Very effective for duels against mdps cause of RB.
Useless against tanks and doks.

2) http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... :4365:4375:

Very effective against enemy healers and when you're used to small scale gank cause of double heal debuff. A little bit more effective vs tanks and doks.

90% of WHs ran one of this 2 builds.

Anyway, for duels against 2h Tanks and Doks, imho, a quite different strategy is needed. Which one? Defensive one: parry parry parry parry parry parry....