Recent Topics

Ads

Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cydonia

Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:46 am

I've been playing White Lion lately, and it's not clicking with me for some reason (pet annoys me probably?), so I began exploring the possibility of doing a Witch Hunter instead. Not having a premade to fall back onto, I don't think I could do Slayer, and Witch Hunter looks cooler IMO. The problem is that lately I've seen people saying only negative things about Witch Hunter, and that they bring nothing to the table and no one will ever take one over a White Lion or Slayer.

Is there any truth to this? Is Witch Hunter pointless outside of ganking people all on your lonesome? I would have thought it would at least be good for smaller scale things and scenarios... but I guess not?

Ads
Karast

Re: Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:03 am

Well if you are not running in a premade, and just solo'ing, then there is nothing wrong with WH.

Even if you are running in a premade, unless if your group is extremely competitive to the point they min max every career in their setup, there is no problem running WH. There are a few groups that do, and a skilled WH can bring a lot to a step up.

I have run in premades, and small groups with WH's and it works great. But I also ignore a lot of the fire and brimstone talk when it comes to the small scale / premade meta.

The only place I think you might have a problem with a WH might be RvR / WB play, but even there are things you can do.

I say go for it, see if you like it, and if you do find a group of people to play with to make it work.

Gachimuchi

Post#3 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:10 am

Unlike WE who can only provide a heal debuff going up the middle tree and now mediocre damage since the WB nerf, WH brings the heal debuff + Exit Wound. On top of being massive stat debuff, it does good damage. Seal of Destruction being in the same tree is just icing on the cake.

even if you aren't in a premade and just soloing lakes just get ur KD/BAL and kill everything that isn't a tank in 3 GCDs lols
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 am

WH is a good class. Even have some use in Warbands if you spec for it. In that spot you're more of a support class and your main thing is to outgoing healdebuff their healers with Dragon Gun when the rest of your group does a frontloaded bomb.

Glorian

Post#5 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:08 am

My usual advice is:
If you love to play a class that no one wants in their warband. Make a Guild around it! :)
Call them them the Imperial Pistolier Korps and go for it.

Toldavf

Post#6 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 am

For some reason the lightest mdps have very low damage in a group setting and they don't generally bring that much utility either. The in coming damage is more than you dish out so in a train on train setting they are a liability.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Bretin

Post#7 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:22 am

why is this RoR community so insanely obsessed with AoE warbands? is it because of little to no skill requirements or bc the russian made it meta when competing only with themselves behind keep doors?

WH fits into many roles:
- competitive 6 man
- soloing
- melee warbands (yes that exists and they were meta, just wait for city sieges)

both best order premades do run a WH in their setup and they can pressure us more than any slayer group, just for the note.

Antigona

Post#8 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 am

I mained WE back in the day, and I didn't have any feeling of playing a "lesser" class, compared to others. That can be extended to WH too.

Obviously, small scale fights is where WE/WH thrives, be it sologanking/6v6/6vX or scenarios. Even when we ran bombing warbands in T4, I did scouting and during fights I was pressuring backline and calling targets for single target damage. Nice bonus was popping M3 crit morale for bombs, but as far as I know, that isn't an option for WH (at least it wasn't back then).

Yes, soloqueuing for scenarios was frustrating sometimes, but that can be hardly pointed out as WE/WH exclusive thing. :)

Anyway, I'd say that it really depends on stuff you want to do and with whom you want to do it. You can surely make WE/WH work in any aspect of WAR, although it might take some effort skill and gearwise. :)
Antigona - WE - Karak Azgal

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 am

you could have problem if you just go for aoe set up which is a joke on the wh, that said if the situation return as in live pre 1.4.0 wbs could decide to run 3 aoe party and 1 st party which is worked better in live vs full bomb wbs.
In solo and in sc is a great class.

Blasio

Post#10 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:13 am

In the live game my favorite and highest level character was the WH. It was reeaally fun. If you learn when you need to take a french leave you will have fewer problems.

I've read many hurr-durr posts about it for sure. Some says it is not that viable because its only T3 - idk im not a great theorycrafter - but hey T4 slowly rolling out. If you start one now you will be lvl35 just in time.

And while Chaos and Greenskins have bulky armor appearances a witch hunter still has the upper hand of the Style.