Recent Topics

Ads

[Bright Wizard] Flame Breath Damage On Hit

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Arconnn

[Bright Wizard] Flame Breath Damage On Hit

Post#1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:20 am

In T3 Bright Wizard's have a serious lack of damage on mobility using Conflag / Bomb spec, often we can only watch our targets run away as we throw measly dots out or spam scorched earth draining over combustion fast, doing less damage rapidly. As it stands, if you want better mobility on Bright Wizards you run Fiery Reserves rotating between Scorched Earth and Flame Breath to keep combustion high, but Flame Breath doesn't tick damage if you keep reapplying it, which makes this combination not viable. This causes a lot of open field fights in RvR to end watching whole groups being able to get away at low HP Scot free and has make open field fighting less viable for the game, which has developed two tactics, turtling for order side and abusing Bw's lack of damage on mobility to know you can always be able to get away by kiting backwards and never committing. both promote less fights.

With this change It'll be a step forward in promoting more advanced tactics and positive gameplay and ways to counter negative tactics where people ignore direct fighting and have an extremely reduced risk in those tactics.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Ads
Rowanmantle

Re: [Bright Wizard] Flame Breath Damage On Hit

Post#2 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:26 am

I agree, on live there were quite a few setbacks with bombing in general but it became the go-to spec and group setup most guilds would run, both destro/order. I agree with this. :)
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Gachimuchi

Post#3 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:32 am

Then don't spam flame breath? Most DoTs don't tick the second they are applied. I fail to see the problem here.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Shanell

Post#4 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:35 am

I will just sit here and watch.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Arconnn

Post#5 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:45 am

Gachimuchi wrote:Then don't spam flame breath? Most DoTs don't tick the second they are applied. I fail to see the problem here.
there is no alternative for damage on mobility, including waiting the three seconds for the DoT to tick, waiting three seconds and spamming scorched earth all that time reduces your combustion so much that the damage is extremely low after the initial tick, and the initial tick wont exactly be blowing anything out of the water.
Trilogie De La Mort

bloodi
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:47 am

No.

Gachimuchi

Post#7 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:49 am

Arconnn wrote: there is no alternative for damage on mobility, including waiting the three seconds for the DoT to tick, waiting three seconds and spamming scorched earth all that time reduces your combustion so much that the damage is extremely low after the initial tick, and the initial tick wont exactly be blowing anything out of the water.
As it should be, if you want damage while being mobile, play a slayer. You're advocating a needless buff to a class that is already reasonably balanced and better than its mirror, to what degree is arguable, but I digress.

No.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Shanell

Post#8 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:51 am

*mumbling* he is literally trying to cut a meat with a hammer and asking to sharpen it, because he fails right now
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Ads
Arconnn

Post#9 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:57 am

As it stands Bright Wizard is not a threat during open field play due to this problem.
Sorc's have Ice Spikes which they can spam constantly without draining Dark Magic, giving them a good mobility spell without having to use a tactic.

I think it's balanced compared to the Sorc because though we'd have slightly more damage we'd also have to sacrifice a tactic slot to utilize this change to it's desired effect.
Trilogie De La Mort

Qaulthir

Post#10 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:30 am

I believe that there may be classes that are in more need of fixes and quality of life changes than the bright wizard. Just a wild guess.