Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Warrior Priest - Scenario advice requested

Post#41 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:32 pm

zwerrie wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:06 pm Still no need for snappy replies.. tried to have conversation with you in game and u fired 6questions at me without being able to reply to the first one.. Not sure if u were trying to troll me OR u were overprotective on the matter. Start with current state of class/realm balance before opening another can of worms. I know its stated dev got their own agenda of doing things. Isnt it where smoke is is fire..?
/nuffsaid
Sorry but if people talk in a certain tone then I will reciprocate in a similar tone. I don't get paid to moderate the balance discussions. I would like to think that I hold myself to a high standard, but if people are constantly talking to members of the staff as if they are a piece of crap then don't get offended when we reply in kind. I would hope that you have noticed how lenient we have been with 'certain members' of the community who, despite being asked not to several times, insist on talking to us like dirt.

In regards to your accusation: I do not recall having ever deliberately ignored a question made with good intent, but if it came across that way then I assure you that this was not my intention, mate.

Ads
Valarion

Post#42 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:56 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm Lv 40/50rr WP as an alt - haven't done a ton of scenarios as a WP but am uncertain if I should be unhappy with my stats even when we win.

It could have been that I have been drawn out and targeted by over aggressive team play of my dps and tanks but I'd love to see a good vid of someone healing for 200,000+ in a scenario, as I haven't broken that figure.

I am salvation spec'd to the max with intimidating repent spec'd as a tactic. Full conq and with partial genesis, subj hammer and book, BL cloak, book and jewelry.

All that matters is if you are keeping your group and yourself alive and if you are winning.

Stats mean nothing if your quiet shields, resurrecting or your clutch small ST heals were saving the day. The key as a youngling healer is simply surviving. This means stacking max defense, practice positioning and staying alive.

That being said, watch the numbers of other more experienced WPs. Are your numbers consistently less than half their raw numbers? If so you may need to revisit your gear, RR or stats here.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Rathael87

Post#43 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Your team's play affects your numbers too. You will get considerably more healing if tanks are doing their jobs and you have 2-2-2 group como as the damage dealt to damage dealers in your party will be spread across all four non-healers. This allows you to group heal.

Additionally, especially if tanks are not using guard properly, some DPS Rambo in as if they can 1v10. You cannot spread the healing with these idiots or get maximum use out of your AoE heals or shield. They will die in 2 seconds and you will get only 1 tick of whatever hots you have on him... If you were to see the scoreboard at that time, you'd see you have done no healing and pugs will say "LOL bad healer" or some other useless word-trash.

When people play RTS games at a high level, they micromanage their units by pulling the damaged ones back for healing and surviving. For some reason MMO players do not think of themselves in this way. They do not pull back when under pressure to allow the damage to go elsewhere. Pug tanks do not use their skills to protect these injured players, but instead bash on healers in the backline while detaunted and being ignored.

Your healing numbers are far too dependent on how your team plays such that you should care. If the enemy healers are out performing you it is not necessarily because they are better.

Furthermore, if you wanted raw scenario numbers you would spec full willpower and healing crit and ignore all defensive stats. You'd have terrible armour, low toughness and probably some 20% base chance to be crit. Any scenario pre made would find you, knock you down and demolish you in 0.5s repeatedly and utterly destroy your healing numbers... so don't worry about maxing those numbers too much.

You can only do so much for pugs. At some point they have to understand that no healer can save them from their absurd choices.