Recent Topics

Ads

WH build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hastykrasty

Re: WH build

Post#21 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Actually, Falkenstein is not so wrong, it depends by what you want to do, if solo 1v1, sc, 6v6 or wb fight.

From my experience (I've tried almost all builds, armor talis, full glass cannon etc...) I found that you must achieve a balance between offence and defence.

If you go as Tion suggest, you will be deadly in 1vs1 against healers, casters in general and WEs (if you catch them from incognito, otherwise you will be dead). If you have a guard and a heal that know how to basically play, you will do great things, if you pug...not so much.

On the other hand, you can't kill while you're dead, sometimes is better to deal a bit less damage, but be able to land a couple more decisive hits (executions in particular).

I found that armor gets easilly debuffed/ignored, so I used a wounds build (around 7.8k-8.4k hp I reached over 9k with WP blessing), which granted me to win a lot of duels vs mdps and be able to survive magus dots or cach bolt-like SHs or shammies. Having a decent % crit is more important than capping str. since the overall dmg in time will be higher, with still a decent burst. Of course you have to pick the right fights, you can't beat anyone, you will have strenghts and weakeness.

On a side note: Strenght and armour can be pumped with potions, wounds can't. Also having more wounds gives more time to your healers to react if you are under focus ;)
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Ads
tionblack

Post#22 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Falkenstein wrote:
Spoiler:
Also of course playstyles are differs from person to person but i think using armor talismans in talisman slot is heresy because you should never be tanking enemy attacks long enough for you to need high armor value and even if you do high parry(supported by righteous steel) or repel blasphemy should be your exit way out. If you want a tanky brawler definitly WH is not the right one due to LIGHT armor. By sacrificing str you loose your biggest weapon aka burst.(if you find yourself in the positions where you have to tank you are doing something wrong)

You use 7-8 slots of talismans total ( 9 with if you run skaven ring )and considering you have 2700 armor means you used all of them with armor means you lost 22x7=154 str. 154 STR is not only 154 meele power but also parry strikethrou plus the higher str you got the less chance enemy will be defending your attack.(calculated via your str and targets weapon skill.)

In PvP Burst kills you and if you wanna survive that you need crit rate reduction aka futile strikes least 2 points or full dominator if you really wanna go defensive ( instead of armor stacking you can try this set itself gives % 8 anti crit bonus ,but not sure how wise to loose so many crit from armor gear)(also consider anticrit works against both physical and magic)
Well thats just...like your opinion man. 154 str is about 30-40 extra damage to your skills 7x124 armor is an extra 868 armor, thats what? 19-20% reduced physical damage taken. And yeah running around with 14+ chance to be crit at rr 60 spending 30 points into crit 30 into futile strike should pretty much be a nobrainer considering that all the engineers and sws sh can remove 15% parry dodge and block and choppa and slayer remove 50% on top of 5% from conq. ~30% from str vs ws on top of other reductions.

Ultimately it depends on what YOU want to play don't let my expertise scare you from playing what you want. If getting the highest damage you possibly can is what you crave then so be it.

THe fact that you need strenght to be able to LAND blows successfully on meele stands on top of that damage is extra and again on top of that the so called LOW 30 -40 dmg bonus you said gets huge bonus when you crit due to your % 50 crit damage increase tactic.It is against classes nature to use armor talismans.Laughing hard :D

You are gimping stealthers advantage aka BURST and high damage with armor talismans. What you need to do is play smart and get
avoidence.And making good item choices help a lot.

To summarize it ARMOR TALLY ON WH / WE IS JUST PLAIN ABSURD AND A BAD JOKE.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Axerker

Post#23 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:13 pm

tionblack wrote: To summarize it ARMOR TALLY ON WH / WE IS JUST PLAIN ABSURD AND A BAD JOKE.

People play differently, there is no need to be disrespectful.

While I agree with you that the most common - and often most efficient - WH/WE build is for maximum burst potential, some people prefer to stick with their Warband and have a bit more survivability. I've met WEs that don't even use their Stealth. Do I think that's a bit ridiculous? Absolutely. Do I tell them they're wrong? No. (Pug situation only, organized would probably be different)

A lot of people join in on the mindset of "You can't do damage if you're dead". I agree with this wholeheartedly. However, I feel that sentiment is more suited to the non-stealth mDPS classes. The stealth classes are gankers, straight up. Find a place with 200% AAO, and go solo roam. There are always 10-30 people AFKing that lets you skyrocket yourself to RR50+ in a few days because you're getting 1k RP per kill. Or just sit outside the enemy WC and wait for people to walk out alone. That's where WH/WE shine. Not in WB play. But people want to join WBs, or entirely rely on playing in WBs rather than where the class shines the most. Those people typically play more passively and spec some damage and defensively, rather than "I must kill you before someone else shows up" builds.

TL;DR: I agree with you, but keep it respectful and let people play how they want (while still voicing your own opinions - respectfully)

Penril

Post#24 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Axerker wrote:keep it respectful and let people play how they want (while still voicing your own opinions - respectfully)
Pretty much this.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Could always solve it this disagreement like gentlemen: pistols at dawn :D
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Axerker

Post#26 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:30 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Could always solve it this disagreement like gentlemen: pistols at dawn :D
Pistol+Dagger (WH)

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#27 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Nah, abso spam only, like gents.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

xtc1999
Banned

Post#28 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 am

Penril wrote:
Axerker wrote:keep it respectful and let people play how they want (while still voicing your own opinions - respectfully)
Pretty much this.
It's tion, the tionator of all, soyboy number 1, first of his name, rightful king of the empire roleplayers, the offended one, breaker of fusion 6 mans
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

Ads
Spierron

Post#29 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am

Hey, any back on Sanctified Bullets after boost, vs Tank and Mdps essentially after we have a lot of tactics who work better for gank Heal-Rdps. For solo ;)

Thanks for reply

hamun

Post#30 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Osviel 40 WE
Mamrd 40 Shaman
Hamun 40 WH
Prcek 38 SH
Nangud 40 Mara
Hnusak 40 Choppa