Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Path of Grace

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [Warrior Priest] Path of Grace

Post#31 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Speccing the lifetap tactic without using DF/Fana seems incredibly counterintuitive to me, tbh - but if it works for you, so be it.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#32 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:08 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Speccing the lifetap tactic without using DF/Fana seems incredibly counterintuitive to me, tbh - but if it works for you, so be it.
Only way I can rationalize that is for how I do a DoK build that is like 1/2 heal tree half grace/sac tree. You go up til empowered transfer or WP equiv, because it is technically a bigger increase in the heal than if you put in DF/Fanatic overall since you still plan on having effective casted heals. But I think at that point you are better off using a book/chalice so you aren't mechanic deprived.

The only time this build ever worked for me personally was in smaller group play that was more melee oriented to supplement your lifetaps between group cleanse/group hot and between group heals when you get low and don't want to use supplication/blood offering - it primarily worked because even when silenced you can still life tap, and when disarmed you can still group heal (I think).

But the majority of the time it was a semi - so/so in the middle. MUCH more of a backline healer feel to it than a melee healer feel to it.

roadkillrobin

Post#33 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 am

You spec for lifetapping tactic to get higher base heals of SR. The damage heals of 75% part of SR is pretty much irrelevant. This tactic is imo pretty manitory for both DoK/WP. You don't wanna risk use GCDs not healing when you or group is under preasure so you need to use melee heals or else you run out of RF/SE.

Merrillian

Post#34 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 am

freshour wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Speccing the lifetap tactic without using DF/Fana seems incredibly counterintuitive to me, tbh - but if it works for you, so be it.
Only way I can rationalize that is for how I do a DoK build that is like 1/2 heal tree half grace/sac tree. You go up til empowered transfer or WP equiv, because it is technically a bigger increase in the heal than if you put in DF/Fanatic overall since you still plan on having effective casted heals. But I think at that point you are better off using a book/chalice so you aren't mechanic deprived.
But the majority of the time it was a semi - so/so in the middle. MUCH more of a backline healer feel to it than a melee healer feel to it.
Yea the WP grace/salv build I like is RoR.builders - Warrior Priest
It's a very middle of the road build, works well in scs/roaming but lacks a defining quality.

A more focused salvation build will have more consistent healing numbers and empowered cleansing.
A more wrath focused build will have way higher damage, much higher than the healing disparity and way less healing because of the loss of grace of sigmar and negative healing talents. You then also get access to Hammer of Sigmar, which is almost mandatory if you want to make up for your healing.
In general the compromises between salvation/wrath are pretty solid, but deep grace doesn't shine on it's own like those two. Probably because of the easy access to leading the prayer.

You can technically run a wrath/grace build with equal success as salv/grace. RoR.builders - Warrior Priest But at the cost of losing sigmars grace wounds buff, leading the prayer and stacking the negative healing tactics. It's just not a grace build because of these trade offs. It's just a melee with high sustain and no passive defenses.