Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight] With recent round of nerfs, is it time to go 2h spec?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GhostNappa

Re: [Knight] With recent round of nerfs, is it time to go 2h spec?

Post#21 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:46 am

There was a time when 2H wasn't the only way to play?

Frankly the most pressing issue with the build is that the swords all say Sigmar like we're all a bunch of drunk yokels worshipping a heathen barbarian.

So role playing is the only reason to use a shield I guess

Ads
LordMarshal

Post#22 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 am

What about the Coordination tactic for shield spec? +15% to parry should help a lot towards not dying. Not dying is more dps.

Stmichael1989

Post#23 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 am

LordMarshal wrote:What about the Coordination tactic for shield spec? +15% to parry should help a lot towards not dying. Not dying is more dps.
Knights are already bottlenecked for tactics. On top of which, going 2 hander isn't necessarily about your own damage. The fact that you hit harder with a 2 hander is a bonus. What you're really after are access to arcing swing (AoE wounds debuff. The only one Order has by the way) and the encouraged aim tactic which stacks with initiative debuffs and leading shots to give your group stupid amounts of crit. And maybe if you feel like it the AoE block/parry/dodge/disrupt debuff, but you could go for Vigilance if you prefer.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Karast

Post#24 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:14 pm

One of the things to keep in mind with S&B vs 2h is that as a 2h people know your squishier so you get a little more focus due to that, you also cannot face tank quiet as well just by being the first into an enemy group.

When I dabble on magus I always go for the 2h tanks first, and 2h knights have especially low ranged defense.

GhostNappa

Post#25 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 pm

Karast wrote:.

When I dabble on magus I always go for the 2h tanks first, and 2h knights have especially low ranged defense.
It's better to just disengage in that case. This is the wrong build to be playing grab ass with rdps.

Seriously though winds impervious changed my life, where was this set on live because damn son

Morf

Post#26 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

It depends on what you are doing, if you are in rvr then a shield is much better, buffing heal crit by 5% from DT and hold the line which can be a life saver.
Myself i have always played my kotbs with a 2h because snb is boring as ****, even as def 2h you can still have decent assist dps tnx to runefang.
Karast wrote:One of the things to keep in mind with S&B vs 2h is that as a 2h people know your squishier so you get a little more focus due to that, you also cannot face tank quiet as well just by being the first into an enemy group.

Thats the reason i play my kotbs with a 2h because ppl think you are squishy, you draw attention away from your group mates, you wana focus me go for it, you just wasted all your ap and barely even scratched me :D
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Karast

Post#27 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Morf wrote:It depends on what you are doing, if you are in rvr then a shield is much better, buffing heal crit by 5% from DT and hold the line which can be a life saver.
Myself i have always played my kotbs with a 2h because snb is boring as ****, even as def 2h you can still have decent assist dps tnx to runefang.
Karast wrote:One of the things to keep in mind with S&B vs 2h is that as a 2h people know your squishier so you get a little more focus due to that, you also cannot face tank quiet as well just by being the first into an enemy group.

Thats the reason i play my kotbs with a 2h because ppl think you are squishy, you draw attention away from your group mates, you wana focus me go for it, you just wasted all your ap and barely even scratched me :D
But you are squishy. There are a ton of toughness debuffs / wounds debuffs flying around destro side, and unless you gut offensive renown to go for full dodge disrupt your disrupt is very poor. You melt, where a S&B can fall back on htl and block to survive.

Morf

Post#28 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:56 pm

Karast wrote:
But you are squishy. There are a ton of toughness debuffs / wounds debuffs flying around destro side, and unless you gut offensive renown to go for full dodge disrupt your disrupt is very poor. You melt, where a S&B can fall back on htl and block to survive.
Not sure if u mean me directly or in general but just because a tank is using a 2h doesnt mean they are squishy and it actually works quite well because you draw attention away from the squishy players.

Dont get me wrong snb just for htl will help you in situations where you are facing alot of rdps like fighting the zerg in rvr but to assume someone is squishy just because they are using a 2h is wrong ( helps me as i have 2 2h def tanks), there are many a tank with a 2h that are harder to kill then most snb tanks.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#29 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Morf wrote:
Karast wrote:
Not sure if u mean me directly or in general but just because a tank is using a 2h doesnt mean they are squishy and it actually works quite well because you draw attention away from the squishy players.

Dont get me wrong snb just for htl will help you in situations where you are facing alot of rdps like fighting the zerg in rvr but to assume someone is squishy just because they are using a 2h is wrong ( helps me as i have 2 2h def tanks), there are many a tank with a 2h that are harder to kill then most snb tanks.
This man speaks the truth. It shouldn't take long to find out who is squishy..regardless of SnB.

Eathisword

Post#30 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Morf wrote:
Karast wrote:

This man speaks the truth. It shouldn't take long to find out who is squishy..regardless of SnB.
I have to concur. 2h can get roughly 45-50% parry and 35-40% dodge/disrupt with like 90% uptime if spec properly defensive with epic weapon proc. Add to that big armor, cap resist (specially true for knights) and decent toughness (650-700 ish) and 2h doesn't = squish at all.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.