Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Blood of Grimnir - are you using it? How are you finding it?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GONDOR

[Ironbreaker] Blood of Grimnir - are you using it? How are you finding it?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:25 am

As title: Blood of Grimnir - are you using it? How are you finding it?

I've had a play around with it; I wasn't super impressed with it on 2H IB in smallman. I can see its value in a dedicated comp, WL+Slayer + 2H tanks, but I don't have the friends for that.

It's good, but it's definitely struck me as grudge expensive and as something that is better on a SNB IB - it feels like a lot of utility is sacrificed to fit it in with SOV+2 and GBF or dropping GBF as 2h.

What have been your experiences with it in different formats: pugs, WB, 6s, etc? Any thoughts to share? Is it worth the loss of GnM?
Last edited by GONDOR on Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
akisnaakkeli

Re: [Ironbreaker] Wrath of Grimnir - are you using it? How are you finding it?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:06 am

Do you mean Blood of Grimnir? That skill could be fixed easy with being 9 pts and grumble back to 13 pts. Runic Shield to core skill and Replace with Earthshatter. And Grudge cost to 15 instead of 30 and ofc Rising Anger core So its not 3 tactic version of worse BG. Its pretty insane oversight from original war devs:D literally gave Oathfriend to BG because people cried on forums.. So when they gave BG oathfriend they should have made Rising Anger part of core IB. Also Bring back 4s Earthshatter!

My IB is max rr45 but with 4.2s Avoidance proc wpn + 6 beastlord and 3 dominator i can1800 AA crit to dummies and 1200 regurarly in Scs. If it was 9 pts skill and Rising anger was Core tactic this would be my build. RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Heavy Blow nerf shuld be reverted as well obviosly.

hogun

Re: [Ironbreaker] Blood of Grimnir - are you using it? How are you finding it?

Post#3 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:07 am

I've made several replies on the subject, as I'm fairly experienced in IB.

postponed the grudge bug,
explain the error of HB's nerf
explain the error of choosing this new skill at 13pts
explain the unbalanced IB /BG new skill

I didn't see any response from Dev on the subject.
reasons for that:
they don't care?
they haven't understood anything about the IB but don't want to admit it?
they want to up some classes more than others for their own pleasure?

In the end i stop my Shield build that I'd had for 10 years. and I play in full gear regen and 2H, I advise you to do so ...
of course the new skill is not in the build
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Culexus

Post#4 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:13 am

I imagine it suffers form the same problem as Waaagh! does for BOs. It's only useful in smallscale, but in smallscale you're going to go 13pt 2-handed so will never take it.

+25% AA damage is good, but not 13pts in the buff tree good.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#5 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:17 am

hogun wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:07 am I didn't see any response from Dev on the subject.
Generally speaking we can't reply to every feedback or engage in debates regarding every change that is made.
So to answer and explain only some of them would be viewed as bias towards certain topics/careers and often would just fuel rumors that may not be true.

The forums though are constantly being read, and feedback is regularly listened to by the Team!

hogun

Post#6 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:33 am

Hazmy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:17 am
hogun wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:07 am I didn't see any response from Dev on the subject.
Generally speaking we can't reply to every feedback or engage in debates regarding every change that is made.
So to answer and explain only some of them would be viewed as bias towards certain topics/careers and often would just fuel rumors that may not be true.

The forums though are constantly being read, and feedback is regularly listened to by the Team!
thank you for this reply, but i'd be much happier to have an understanding of your analysis and the reasons for the changes to the IB. it's clearly a mistake. if you have the same analysis of the other classes and the game in general, it's quite worrying.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

ravezaar

Post#7 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:28 pm

Just funny how BG and choppa got so much better and they are the opposite classes to IB and SL wich we all know got canned on Feb 6th. And there is another thing wierd with exactly this info
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

GONDOR

Post#8 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:37 pm

Culexus wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:13 am I imagine it suffers form the same problem as Waaagh! does for BOs. It's only useful in smallscale, but in smallscale you're going to go 13pt 2-handed so will never take it.

+25% AA damage is good, but not 13pts in the buff tree good.
Yeah my sentiments are the same. This would have been better in the 2h tree and pushing everything else down.

BG doesn't quite have the same issue since their channel and KD are 5 and 9ptd respectively.

I still think it's a reasonable pick for snb, but that's more because there's nothing else.

Do we think it was worth the replacement of gnm?

Ads
Mortgrimm

Post#9 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:40 pm

Like i said in a fewer post and after a while testing Blood of Grimnir in a duo ...

13pt and replacement of GnM it´s not worth to take it in small scale. 30 grudge is way too much and u need the +2 set bonus.
BoG can work small scale as 2h but the dmg increase is not that big to sacrifice other stuff.
I would never pick BoG for SnB warband play tbh. Not worth it.

I think we have a lot of small scale IB´s here with the same conclusion and who give ideas to the devs to make IB viable again.
Revert HB nerf - rework grudge mechanic (rising anger core) - reduce costs of BoG to 15 grudge and place it on 9pt - give GnM back for warband play ...

IB is only a st tank in small scale and warband. There must be significant changes for ppl to pick this one. Only stubborn dwarfs like me will play IB i guess.
But yeah, i´m afraid small scale isn´t really wanted or just ppl don´t care about this play style. It´s sad but ...
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

CSKL

Post#10 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:37 pm

Observations :
- I need a set bonus +2 in part to select it.
- I always use it with stubborn as stone.
- It crit with melee crit !
- It boost autoattack physical damages that armor+toughness mitigates or can be parried/blocked/dodged.
- It allows to have 3 aoe spells +1with shield :
Blood of grimnir, Earthshatter, Rune-Etched Axe, and Shield sweep (the last one is bugged and doesn't regain 10 grudges for targets hitted).
- It's a light burst of 20s for solo/melee/non-magic ranged.

Gameplay :
- Solo, with the lack of life regeneration due to the loss of grumble and mutter, and recent increases in the cost of grudges, the dps bonus is moderate.
- Group, boost the melee and non-magic ranged. Best is 4 pples in opti 2-2-2.

It makes the IB more fun to play with active damage.
The need of 14 mastery points makes it to hard to pick it as others abilities (survivals, CC, or debuff heal) are required.
25% autoattack physical is light.