Recent Topics

Ads

IB mechanic suggestion

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
normanis

Re: IB mechanic suggestion

Post#11 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:36 pm

ib need some reduced cd on their 3 aoe damage ab
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:57 pm

If IB Rising anger effect is core mechanic not tactic and change Rising anger to BG's Terrifying foe. "Inspiring Attack will now increase toughness by 20 seconds based on grudge. 30 Grudge 15% + 60 Grudge 30% + and 100 Grudge 45 % toughness increase "

I think that change alone would be very effective enough saving tactic slot + gaining great tactic.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:17 pm

first give ib very long punt and channel with shield like bg have
second give ib grudge gain without tactic like bg have
third make kd, punt, buffs with same cost as bg have
them we can start to talk about balance

anarchypark

Post#14 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:56 pm

Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:53 pm Basic mechanic:

IB being hit 5 + oath friend 5
vs
BG being hit 5 + attack 5 + dark protector 5

seems not balanced.

alright, here's IB grudge tooltip.
You gain 5 Grudges any time an enemy attacks you and additional Grudges when your Oath Friend is attacked.
this's BG hate tooltip.
You gain 5 Hate any time an enemy attacks you and build additional Hate when you attack.

first i thought both class have 2 sources.
IB's basic mechanic would give 5 from OF being hit. seperated from OF itself.
so when OF get hit, i thought IB would get (3~10)+5
that's what tooltip says but IB's latter part was not working.
test showed IB only got 3~10 from OF skill.

you are correct. on basic mechanic, BG has 2 sources. IB has 1.

though building grudge was not hard. with 24 aoe, sometimes insta 100.
problem was intentional ignoring of IB/BG, to not give grudge.
in this case, BG is better at building Hate.

i guess there's little imbalance.
time to write balance proposal ? ask clearance for tooltip.
some might say it's explaining OF.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Battlefield

Post#15 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:04 am

anarchypark wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:56 pm
Battlefield wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:53 pm Basic mechanic:

IB being hit 5 + oath friend 5
vs
BG being hit 5 + attack 5 + dark protector 5

seems not balanced.
alright, here's IB grudge tooltip.
You gain 5 Grudges any time an enemy attacks you and additional Grudges when your Oath Friend is attacked.
this's BG hate tooltip.
You gain 5 Hate any time an enemy attacks you and build additional Hate when you attack.
BG gains 5 Hatred when your Dark Protector target is attacked too and Oath Friend the average value is 5. Also BG can gets the Hatred when using Enraged Beating channel attack and most of BGs use this good ability, just 5 points in the Path of Malice.
Some kind of tautology i see !

tazdingo

Post#16 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:33 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:57 pm If IB Rising anger effect is core mechanic not tactic and change Rising anger to BG's Terrifying foe. "Inspiring Attack will now increase toughness by 20 seconds based on grudge. 30 Grudge 15% + 60 Grudge 30% + and 100 Grudge 45 % toughness increase "

I think that change alone would be very effective enough saving tactic slot + gaining great tactic.

that would be bonkers with IB already stacking flat dmg reduction and armour

IB definitely needs a lot of help it sucks compared to BG, but i wouldn't give it terrifying foe. make oathstone a good group utility instead. + avoidance for group or something

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:07 am

tazdingo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:33 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:57 pm If IB Rising anger effect is core mechanic not tactic and change Rising anger to BG's Terrifying foe. "Inspiring Attack will now increase toughness by 20 seconds based on grudge. 30 Grudge 15% + 60 Grudge 30% + and 100 Grudge 45 % toughness increase "

that would be bonkers with IB already stacking flat dmg reduction and armour

IB definitely needs a lot of help it sucks compared to BG, but i wouldn't give it terrifying foe. make oathstone a good group utility instead. + avoidance for group or something
It should be 2H restricted so IB cant use Seasoned veteran & Shield mastery to get too much goodies. Another option is to make Runic Shield core skill (like BG absorb is low level core skill) and move Avenging the Debt to Runic Shield's spot. Also bring Oathstone to replace Avenging the debt's spot (And make it parry or block removing shield requirement. Remove Shield sweep shield requirement as well, name it axe sweep lol)

And make Strength in Numbers Morale 4 to normal skill and replace Oathstones spot with it. Remove 100 % block from it but 10 second 25 % all avoidances to whole grp is not morale 4 worth but it would make sense like this as 13 point skill. Imo there is so much morale's that could be made normal skills because most just dont see any use but would be useful as normal skills.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Battlefield

Post#18 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:38 pm

As well would be great to reduce the cost of absorb ability for IB, let us say from 30 to 20 Grudge.
It's still more cost than BG has, cost 15 Hatred for him.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#19 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:19 pm

i'd still rather see oathstone get turned into something unique, maybe a differently operating version of the bo/sm mid 13pt. channelled like htl, protect allies in a cone behind from hard cc, good counter to gtdc/mara kd/rifl (lol). that way snb warband IB would have an interesting niche as the anti-cc tank

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:31 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:19 pm i'd still rather see oathstone get turned into something unique, maybe a differently operating version of the bo/sm mid 13pt. channelled like htl, protect allies in a cone behind from hard cc, good counter to gtdc/mara kd/rifl (lol). that way snb warband IB would have an interesting niche as the anti-cc tank
balance IB and make class playable and useful?
no way, rebrand Oath into unknown thing
more pain to dwarf tank, more trash

P.S. all this topic is absolutely useless - devs never heard players and dont change anything in touch with our needs
no test, no survey, no tune up, just force of will one or two unknown person which hear only destro whine