Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GuyGrand

Slayer help

Post#1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:47 pm

So Goodevening Lads and lassies ,I have just started a slayer and I would like some hints and tips about weapons (dual wield or two handed) ,which tree should i put points first on and generally a guide.
any help would be appreciated.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Re: Slayer help

Post#2 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:16 pm

at low level it does not matter :) just play the path that u like. at 40 its dual wield and skavenslayer

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:27 pm

During levelling 2h is better cause you get cool dual wield abilities only in the end. So enjoy 2h before 40 and switch to dual wield once you hit 40.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

GuyGrand

Post#4 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:51 pm

So what tree should i level up first?

Grock

Post#5 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:31 pm

GuyGrand wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:51 pm So what tree should i level up first?
Just try everything, respeccing is free and there's mastery trainer at the top floor of every friendly keep ;)

Generally speaking all abilities have their moments.
Rampage is great against tanks/melees with lots of defences(or M1 up), Deep Wound is gamechanging at mid-tier SCs and must-have in T4, Rune of Absorption is a great 1v1 tool.
Cleft in Twain is a bit meh coz dmg per tick is low, but total damage and dps is alright, so if you cant get Inevitable Doom its good to have Cleft.
Devastate is powerful wounds debuff and is a great opener against full health enemies, it also scales well with Bolster so becomes most powerful at lvls 25-29, try to have some fun during that window. Spellbreaker is useful for removing buffs, heal-over-time effects and Absorb shields (even morales), and with recent proc damage changes it can deal alright damage when you're Red (nothing crazy though).
No Escape is a bit lacking, but gives you a second snare with 30ft range, so you could use it to slow down fleeing or chasing opponent(s) when they are just outside of your normal reach.
Shatter Limbs is one of the most important abilities for group play, make sure you land it on multiple enemies or debuff will be weak, also make sure to apply Onslaught just before it so its harder to cleanse.
Inevitable Doom (or ID) is probably single-handedly the best damage tool in slayer kit, offering both sustained and burst damage, single target and aoe damage, it just sort of does everything at once.

In terms of tactics there's not much to play with until 40+, you could try Power Through or Holding Grudges for more fast paced gameplay, or Accuracy for WB/AoE play.
Takin' Chances might be nice for self sustain when alone if you pair it with pocket Keg for regen (from quest in Karaz-a-Karak) and Mayhem chestpiece with regen, you could easily reach like 500 hp/4 in open RvR when Red, its not gonna save you in a fight, but gives you some breathing room and tactical options.

Make sure your gear is up to you level, ask someone high lvl to help you grind Mayhem set from PQs in t3 so that you have it ready for lvl25+
Get pocket Keg from quest in Karaz-a-Karak. Do T3 epic quest for purple weapons when you can (note: some of them have rare looks, like Discordant Axe)

2h is generally less viable than dual-wield, DW has 10 built-in parry and gives you access to Inevitable Doom and Retribution, which are two strongest Slayer abiltieis and good for both AoE and Single-target damage.
With 2h you lose most of your AoE potential and also have slightly lower dps at high lvl, but it can have its fun moments with Devastate, Spellbreaker and big auto-attack hits when you have slow weapon (around 4.0 speed)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)