Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Warband Healer build Advice Please :-)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Paxsanarion

[RP] Warband Healer build Advice Please :-)

Post#1 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Good Day All!

I have read the dwarf handbook and I have also read various posts regarding RP healing builds and most agree but there some small differences in which I wanted to ask the knowledgeable Runepriests out there about …..

viewtopic.php?t=46147

Also this post regarding positioning being more important than FS or deft defender? I know things change over time :-)

viewtopic.php?t=29263

In somes post most say get stagger and maybe AP rune and also Ancestors echo tactic

The dwarf handbook advocates…..

Ancestral Inheritance, since the build relies on much armor

Blessing of Grungni for advanced healing on Critical Heals, which will trigger on the use of e.g. Grungni’s Gift

Runic Blasting to increase the crit chance of you basic healing spell

Restorative Burst to keep up your Action Points, also triggered on a regular basis by Grungni’s
Gift.

So which 4 tactics are most important at 40 CR?

Do you feel renown for RP is.......

FS 4 then Deft Defender then healcrit then initative?

Or should it be as the dwarf handbook says which is ….
Heal crit 4
FS 3
Deft defender 2
Initiative

For talismans I am assuming
Armor/ wounds

Thank you for any advice you can give I appreciate your time……

Pax

Ads
Gargis

Re: [RP] Warband Healer build Advice Please :-)

Post#2 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 pm

Will give you a good starters build and you can vary the tactics as you get better gear, especially in regard to passive AP regen. The 2nd tier sc staff is excellent in that regard.

Get Ancestors Echo tactic and use Rune of Adamant in wb play. You will need the passive healing and shields to allow you to reposition.

Tactics: Discipline (You can replace this at high RR and advanced gear.), Regenerative Shielding, Ancestors Echo, and Blessing of Grungi.

Paxsanarion

Post#3 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Gargis wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 pm Will give you a good starters build and you can vary the tactics as you get better gear, especially in regard to passive AP regen. The 2nd tier sc staff is excellent in that regard.

Get Ancestors Echo tactic and use Rune of Adamant in wb play. You will need the passive healing and shields to allow you to reposition.

Tactics: Discipline (You can replace this at high RR and advanced gear.), Regenerative Shielding, Ancestors Echo, and Blessing of Grungi.
Thank you!

Evilspinnre

Post#4 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:47 am

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3870,3847

Started build for 40+ (will change at 60/70 when you can get stagger).

Only ever use master rune of fury if 2 RP's in party so one rune each.

4th tactic can be either - Armour Increase, KD time reducer (shouldn't be getting knocked or hit too much if you position well), or Regenerative Shielding.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

dwyur

Post#5 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Without using MRune of Fury don't you have some AP issues? or do people just pop AP potions on cooldown / once you get Sov +AP Regen & weapon AP regen it gets better?

I'm also curious as to what people think is the best Renown build- heal crit IV/ DD II / FSII / rest into whatever stat?

Also regarding Regen Shielding; I would think this tactic would be standard, but it doesn't stack with armor pots i guess so that is why it is not used? If it did stack I would think using MRune of Fury instead of the Ancestor's Blessing tactic and spending it on Regen Shielding or something else.

As RR66 right now I have to sacrifice either Ancestor's Blessing or MRune of Fury; I feel like using Fury and spending the tactic slot on something else could be just as effective. Yes keeping MRune of Adamant up is key but mixing in Fury rune at opportune times when AP is low works too.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

CyunUnderis

Post#6 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:52 pm

dwyur wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:47 pm Without using MRune of Fury don't you have some AP issues? or do people just pop AP potions on cooldown / once you get Sov +AP Regen & weapon AP regen it gets better?
You can use Restorative Burst as last tactic, until Sov.

dwyur wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:47 pm I'm also curious as to what people think is the best Renown build- heal crit IV/ DD II / FSII / rest into whatever stat?
4 FS is for me mandatory. 2 FS if you think you play safe, but you always be catched by something (WB flanked, WE, ranged KD, stagger, ...), so better be resistant.

dwyur wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:47 pm Also regarding Regen Shielding; I would think this tactic would be standard, but it doesn't stack with armor pots i guess so that is why it is not used? If it did stack I would think using MRune of Fury instead of the Ancestor's Blessing tactic and spending it on Regen Shielding or something else.
Regenerative Shielding should stack with armor pots because this is a tactic proc, but I'm not sure, I will test it tomorrow. To me, it is quite hard to replace Master Rune of Adamant for Master Rune of Fury because you will lose all the cool thing that the first rune applies like Ancestor's Echo, Ancestor's Blessing and Blessing of Grungni.

Also, in a party, you should not be the only one bringing AP pump to the table. IB should have, KotBS can have one and WP too.

Evilspinnre

Post#7 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:42 am

dwyur wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:47 pm Without using MRune of Fury don't you have some AP issues? or do people just pop AP potions on cooldown / once you get Sov +AP Regen & weapon AP regen it gets better?

I'm also curious as to what people think is the best Renown build- heal crit IV/ DD II / FSII / rest into whatever stat?

Also regarding Regen Shielding; I would think this tactic would be standard, but it doesn't stack with armor pots i guess so that is why it is not used? If it did stack I would think using MRune of Fury instead of the Ancestor's Blessing tactic and spending it on Regen Shielding or something else.

As RR66 right now I have to sacrifice either Ancestor's Blessing or MRune of Fury; I feel like using Fury and spending the tactic slot on something else could be just as effective. Yes keeping MRune of Adamant up is key but mixing in Fury rune at opportune times when AP is low works too.
Ancestors Blessing procs from Master Rune of Adamant ticks.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

dwyur

Post#8 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:49 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:52 pm
You can use Restorative Burst as last tactic, until Sov.

4 FS is for me mandatory. 2 FS if you think you play safe, but you always be catched by something (WB flanked, WE, ranged KD, stagger, ...), so better be resistant.

dwyur wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:47 pm Also regarding Regen Shielding; I would think this tactic would be standard, but it doesn't stack with armor pots i guess so that is why it is not used? If it did stack I would think using MRune of Fury instead of the Ancestor's Blessing tactic and spending it on Regen Shielding or something else.
Regenerative Shielding should stack with armor pots because this is a tactic proc, but I'm not sure, I will test it tomorrow. To me, it is quite hard to replace Master Rune of Adamant for Master Rune of Fury because you will lose all the cool thing that the first rune applies like Ancestor's Echo, Ancestor's Blessing and Blessing of Grungni.

Also, in a party, you should not be the only one bringing AP pump to the table. IB should have, KotBS can have one and WP too.
FS4 is just too expensive for me to justify it.
And using Restorative Burst + Ancestor's Blessing, to pump your own AP + party, that's two tactic slots wasted on AP when you could be just throwing in a MRUne of Fury with your 80% keeping Adamant up. It feels like MRune of Fury is worthwhile, to be able to free up those 2 tactic slots for other stuff.
Based on forum posts, Regen Shielding doesn't stack. Like i mentioned if it did it would be standard.

Evilspinnre wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:42 am Ancestors Blessing procs from Master Rune of Adamant ticks.
Yeah for sure I mean of course keep Adamant up 80%+ of the time; but to free up a tactic slot or two right now due to AP issues, throwing in a MRune of Fury here and there to keep AP up, to me sort of outweighs getting Ancestor's Blessing + Restorative Burst until I get Sov gear (currently full Invader).
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:35 pm

You can solve your AP issue by getting a +17-26 AP per second via gear :
- Sov chest (+2 AP)
- Oppressor staff (+6 AP)
- Sentinel + Sov rings (+5 AP)
- Ravener ring x2 (+6 AP) / Fleshrender ring x2 (+4 AP)
- Optionally the +7 AP talisman on Sentinel ring (but better slot a +4% crit chances)

This way you will never feel AP starved, saving specific situations like ranked against Shamans and Chosens (heavy AP drain).
You will only require Resotrative Burst tactic when you want to spam your groupe heal (keep/fort defense or attack mainly), since your AP regen wont work while channeling, unlike the tactic proc.

Ultimately, you may want the Triumphant 4 pieces with the insane proc (try it on Vanquisher, it's basically infinite AP).

This way you can pass both on restorative burst tactic, and the AP rune, to get the AP for buddies and the Regenerative Shielding.

About that last tactic, dont underestimate its value ; while the armor bonus wont stack with pots, you gain, at the very least, a +231 armor bonus, AND a +10% total armor value, wich means between +774 (on a Sov tank under blue armor pot) and 1200-1300 (light armoured pug without potion) armor bonus...
Wich are equal to 17% - 29% more armor mitigation. Far from negligible if you want my opinion.

Always run Rune of Adamant wich is direct heal ticks, to proc both Ancestor's Echo and Blessing of Grungni on your teammates.

The AP tactic is only proccing per cast, and not per tick tho, but is working with HoTs casts too, so it's always useful, especially to help AP hungry classes (mainly SW, WL and Slayers).

Rune of Fury feels subpar, since it's only a 20% proc on cast, wich mean if you are already AP starved it wont help you (you have to achieve a cast to make it proc).
Rune of Adamant is so much synergies with your sustained heal/protection that you will ultimately never use Fury, unless 2 runies on the same group (the better Adamant will proc, not the other).

About renown, I feel 3 FS enough (you will get about 300 init with your buff anyway), and it will allow your to buy full Dodge/Disrupt + 3 crit chance levels (wich you need).
Also be aware that there is a base 10% flat chance to heal anyone, on top of your own crit chances (so you have to read +10% in reality), meaning you will achieve around 39% effective heal crit on endgame gear (Sov/Warlord) and 3 levels of crit heal.