Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker]'s armor set from the past (here be pictures)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Brestir

[Ironbreaker]'s armor set from the past (here be pictures)

Post#1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Oi oi, lads 'n lassies!
A true dwarf is never in a hurry, so I am finally ready to share with you my recent, just one or maybe two years old, findings :-{>>

In old versions of RoR you could've met this solid looking dwarf champion Ironguard Riksson in Black Fire Pass, near the entrance to the hard public quest Kolaz Umgal, somewhere around 57k, 38k.
Some encounters were mournful and later inscribed into the Dammaz Kron:
Spoiler:
As some of you might have noticed, this cool looking armor set's skin is still unavailable for regular players, but these assets are still in game files and nothing could stop [dearest and most respected] Devs to use them for some new IB's armor set, e.g. Dark Promise set from Hunter's Vale (hint-hint). I swear I was going to suggest it a year ago)) But I've took a break from the game for some time.

Well, on my recent return I have found that mentioned above noble dwarf (he's healthy and sends hello to his pope and mom) got a new, though a less shiny, armor:
Spoiler:
Which potentially implies that Dev team knows about these in-game assets and maybe even plans something [exiting] to do with them.

P.S. Dear Devs, can we please get that skin used for any Ironbreakers' set in some nearest future?

Ads
Haskr

Re: [Ironbreaker]'s armor set from the past (here be pictures)

Post#2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:53 pm

is it a full body skin or does it exist for each body part?

Omegus

Post#3 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm

The reason it hasn't been used is likely because it's a Hammerer and not an Ironbreaker (the winged helmets). There's also a good chance that the armour is actually a one-piece mesh rather than being split up into the body parts which makes it impossible to use for the armour system :(. Then again, Hammerers were going to be a class on live so who knows? (it eventually got scrapped and the weapon models were given to IBs).

If the armour was multi-part then most of it looks usable for an IB, but I know in the past the devs have been against using the Hammerer helmets for IBs.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:05 pm

It is really shame how much AMAZING npc armour, really all the best looking stuff and original looking stuff is npc's not player's. That weapon. Ive tried to find this for so long because i thought it's engineer spanner for IB but might it be that 2h in op's post. [Warhammer of Fury]

Added some imgur pics but man im not organized enough to find among over 10k screenshots in ror i have to try to find more. There is btw single pieces, not sets.

https://imgur.com/a/9Vx7R4y [Nurgle Monk Belt] [Body of Khorne] [Bloody Sun Choppa^UA Choppa] [Flowingmane Body^UA Elf] Empire]" color="200,60,0"> [Assassin's Chestpiece] [Khorne Herald] [Bloody Sun Shouldaplate^UA Orc] [Slaanesh Dagger] [Boots of Nurgle] [Boots of the Nurgle Cultist^UA Zealot] [Kragg the Grim's Hammer] [Gotrek's Axe]
[Assassin's Cloak - dok] [Plain Knight Shoulder^UA Knight] [Bloody Sun Single Shoulder^UA ork] [Dread Sentry Pants ^UA Chosen] [Karaghul]
[Khorne Axe^UA] [Body of Slaanesh] [Helm of Khorne]
[Ghal Maraz] [Kragg's Runelord Mantle] [Shoulders of Plague] [Male Beastmasters Chestpiece Medium] [Herdmasters Chestpiece] [Assassin's Chestpiece] [Slaanesh Greatsword] [Blood Sun Bigbig ChopChop^UA]

There is endless amounts of these things you can find in armory just by randomly.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Brestir

Post#5 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm The reason it hasn't been used is likely because it's a Hammerer and not an Ironbreaker (the winged helmets).
Sorry, but your guess is wrong. There is not a single word in lore about winged helmets used exclusively by Hammerers. Official art usually depicts dwarf thanes and lords in winged helmets.

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm There's also a good chance that the armour is actually a one-piece mesh rather than being split up into the body parts which makes it impossible to use for the armour system :(. Then again, Hammerers were going to be a class on live so who knows? (it eventually got scrapped and the weapon models were given to IBs).
If the armour was multi-part then most of it looks usable for an IB, but I know in the past the devs have been against using the Hammerer helmets for IBs.
I don't have actual version MYP unpacked, but in old data files, still left on my PC from some previous modding attempts, there is no single texture *.dds file usually used for NPCs for this armor, so my guess it's a proper full set.

Osred

Post#6 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:41 pm

A hammerer set was used for the IB beastlord set. I dont see why Devs couldnt repurpose more of their sets for IB sets. They were pretty much 90% finished Art wise before they were scrapped for Slayers.

I'd love for someone to put some time into figuring how to split up single mesh armors into seperate pieces, I believe Torquemadra was trying with a Blorc set. The actual hard part is putting them back into the files and giving them their own unique Id. This would come with more problems like the need to create Dye mask maps (im going on assumptions here) and other things.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Omegus

Post#7 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:22 pm

Brestir wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm The reason it hasn't been used is likely because it's a Hammerer and not an Ironbreaker (the winged helmets).
Sorry, but your guess is wrong. There is not a single word in lore about winged helmets used exclusively by Hammerers. Official art usually depicts dwarf thanes and lords in winged helmets.
What guess? Mythic's art style for this game went with flat helmets for Ironbreakers and winged helmets for Hammerers to give Hammerers are unique silhouette. Yes on the tabletop the winged helmets are usually reserved for Thanes and Lords because they look extra fancy, but if that's the argument then why would an Ironbreaker have one? ;)

As for the Beastlord set: https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... 15#p245793. Looks like there's just one Hammerer set in the client.

I haven't got around to converting the armour and character textures to sensible texture formats yet so I can't check how it's stored in the client :(

nebelwerfer

Post#8 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:22 pm
Brestir wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm
What guess? Mythic's art style for this game went with flat helmets for Ironbreakers and winged helmets for Hammerers to give Hammerers are unique silhouette. Yes on the tabletop the winged helmets are usually reserved for Thanes and Lords because they look extra fancy, but if that's the argument then why would an Ironbreaker have one? ;)

As for the Beastlord set: https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... 15#p245793. Looks like there's just one Hammerer set in the client.

I haven't got around to converting the armour and character textures to sensible texture formats yet so I can't check how it's stored in the client :(
the runepriest has a winged helmet

Ads
Omegus

Post#9 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:50 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 pmthe runepriest has a winged helmet
Yes and it's a break in art style that sticks out a bit (no pun...). It's been so long that I can't remember if it had it on live too or if it was used by the ROR devs to spice up the Bloodlord set. So many of the old resources from live (even just blogs) no longer exist :(

Brestir

Post#10 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:24 pm

Strictly speaking, there are no rules about runesmiths' outlook in WHFB lore, technically nothing can stop anyone from modeling runesmith in winged helmet. BUT!
WAR's rune priests are thing of their own and I'm surprisingly agree with @Omegus about style of RP's Warlord set. And no, there were no winged RP's helmets on live, it was RoR devs' idea to add them.

Back to the topic. I've found in my collection old original WAR art depicting this armour set, it signed "Oathbearers", therefore it never meant to be Hammerer's set:
Looks like Tier 4 Oathbearer's armour to me (note the pistol in left hand! Dwarf lord in WHFB could take ranged weapons). I badly want both that armour and pistol for my IB, count me an Oathbearer already 8-)