Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker]'s armor set from the past (here be pictures)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Blackguardian

Re: [Ironbreaker]'s armor set from the past (here be pictures)

Post#11 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:38 am

OMG very cool helmet! Pls devs try make new appearance sets...

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#12 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 pm

To my knowledge everything (hammerer items) are there, in game, and fully ready to be used if one decide so.
Hammerer gear is already implemented. Just as others mentioned its Beastlord set for Ironbreaker. Altho the helmet is changed here in RoR. There you go folks with some original meant to be hammerer set:

Also NPC stuff is basically also Hammerer gear. Like this one

Even small icons for this gear exists. You can easily see that yourself while you configure something like Aura, Enemy or Buffhead, just browse thru icons.

There was a promise for cosmetics gear. It was 4+ years ago and still there is none. There is a tabu to my knowledge so it may happen we wont see anything of that implemented. Also the fact that Ironbreaker is probably the only class that has almost full t1-t4 gear ready to be launched live while on other classes (except torque experiments with nurgle armor for chosen, have to admit it looked sic!) there will be a lot of troubles ppl mentioned here (textures, scaling, modeling etc).

I abandon no hope to see Hammerer gear impletented as apperance tho.

nonfactor

Post#13 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 pm

damn that set looks amazing

Brestir

Post#14 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:51 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:41 pm Also NPC stuff is basically also Hammerer gear. Like this one
Spoiler:
No, it's not) at least not every NPC's stuff was meant for Hammerers. For example, the set from your screenshot is from original WAR concept art for dwarf warrior:
I really like it too, would love to see it available in-game for IBs.

nocturnalguest

Post#15 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:32 pm

@Brestir I dont recall SnB dwarfs with that helmet in game tho.
And sick concept art man! Dont think i saw this one

Brestir

Post#16 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:44 am

@nocturnalguest I think I saw few NPCs in this helmet with 1h axe somewhere, no sure tbh.
You are welcome)

Brestir

Post#17 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Bump
With the release of Vale-Walker set I'm a bit disappointed that this ↑ beauty is still not in-game. It would be nice to hear a word or two from some dev to confirm that they plan to use that skin some day for in-game assets.

Stophy22

Post#18 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:16 pm

It would be cool to see these unique assets on the NPCs get implemented as cosmetic stuff, no matter where you look you will find unique looking NPC's that aren't limited to this one dwarf.

It's been phrased a lot of different ways over the year, "let certain classes choose what chaos got theme they want", "Let Dark elves have more armor options than skirts.", "Let WL's dual wield." even the off topic but still deserves a mentioned, "Greenskins get bigger w/ RR" all have been met with a firm, "no".

The reasoning behind it can be any which of the following, including the one already suggested:

-It's an overlying skin kind of like how Engras model works.
-It breaks the theme and lore aspect of the game
-Not enough dev power/time

I mean there used to be unique models of many kinds of scattered around the warhammer world (WL 1 handed axe, Chosen 1handed Sword, Mara chosen chest-piece, WE shadow-warrior armor, Blackguard 1handed halberd, and more...) to give players that sense of uniqueness and validation of not being that "full sov Chaos black/Skull white dyed [insert class here]"

But I guess no thought was put into the value that these items held and instead of being respected they were removed and continue to be so regularly, which is part of a reason why so many players choose to be un-inspect able in game in hopes of saving their unique appearances if they found some.

A big part of warhammer online is the cosmetics and appearance when I first started playing it was just about the entire reason why I would play some classes, so it is refreshing to see these threads as they were pretty popular when this game still didn't have client control.

Cosmetic related things do come out, like the RR85 face options and the dye options related to RR. But I agree it is always a missed opportunity when new sets or armor come out and they fail to use some of the unique assets this game has so many of just lying around. The communication is there but I don't think the same level of importance is agreed upon. But I guess there is a nostalgic charm to keeping the game in a state to where people from 2008 warhammer could log in and recognize the game, but I don't think anyone would be opposed to hammerer themed dwarven armor sets being in the game or Khorne chosen armor appearance being unlocked.

Give it some time, maybe two weeks?
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Brestir

Post#19 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Occasional bump.

Noslock

Post#20 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm The reason it hasn't been used is likely because it's a Hammerer and not an Ironbreaker (the winged helmets). There's also a good chance that the armour is actually a one-piece mesh rather than being split up into the body parts which makes it impossible to use for the armour system :(. Then again, Hammerers were going to be a class on live so who knows? (it eventually got scrapped and the weapon models were given to IBs).

If the armour was multi-part then most of it looks usable for an IB, but I know in the past the devs have been against using the Hammerer helmets for IBs.
That hammer is a warhammer of the smuggler