Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Masochistic class?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bozzax

Re: [IB] Masochistic class?

Post#11 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:49 pm

You are suffering from Tesq syndrome

Step 1
try remove abilities from your rotation until you find the ones that matters most.

Step 2 create multiple rotations (why buff def if you are piling pressure?)

Step 3 embrace the fact that cc >>> rotations and

Profit
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri May 21, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Earthcake

Post#12 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:54 pm

Yes, not using any abilities leaves you with more time I agree.

Your answer is maybe to someone else problem. Cause mine is : to maintain buffs, most other tanks have to use a grand total of ZERO GCD. If IB has to use 4-6 to do the same, obviously he got less time to do other things.

This is not an oppinion, it's basic maths.

zulnam

Post#13 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 pm

vianiznice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:29 pm If i had a third hand I'd play IB/BG in a heartbeat, looks so much fun.
You don't need 3 hands.

You need one of these.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

zulnam

Post#14 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:21 am

Earthcake wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:54 pm to maintain buffs, most other tanks have to use a grand total of ZERO GCD.
That's not true and you should know it, RR80 man. One order tank has to use zero GCD. No one takes SM in the group for their blade enchantments, i'll tell you that.

And for SM to get to that particular buff, they have to do a rotation, since it is a Perfect Balance ability. Not only that but the 20% dmg debuff is also Perfect Balance, as is the ST CDI. So SM has quite a big rotation as well. Not a lot of freedom there.

Knight has no GCD to maintain buffs. It also has no useful skills in SNB except the ST interrupt. 90% of the buttons a knight presses are so that they are not flagged for being AFK.

Destro side Chosen is like knight, yes (though less effective due to no Dirty Tricks or Focused Mending), but BO still needs to press some buttons (the few that are left). Maybe a snb has to press fewer buttons; but that's more due to a lack of useful ones than anything else.

So overall 2/6 tanks maintain their group utility without a particular need for GCDs.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

mongothebarbarian

Post#15 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:43 am

people say to not buff parry if you arent being focused but im a firm believer in putting parry on the guy being focused, 25% is huge.
theres too much to do as ib and not enough gcd's, simple as. you kind of just have to make do with something not being optimal which probably ends up being dpsing.

on knight im just chilling pressing snare off cooldown with not much else

Earthcake

Post#16 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:44 am

zulnam wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:21 am
Earthcake wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:54 pm to maintain buffs, most other tanks have to use a grand total of ZERO GCD.
No one takes SM in the group for their blade enchantments, i'll tell you that.
Maybe, but they still exist right ?

So SM and BO also buff their party whatever skill they use.
So we are at 4/5 other tanks. I think 4/5 qualifies at "most" other tanks.

CountTalabecland

Post#17 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:23 am

This is all very dramatic. Most classes that you guard won’t need most of your buffs. Throw a toughness and armor pot on yourself and focus on keeping oathbound and ancestors fury up. Everything else is situational.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

nonfactor

Post#18 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:32 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:23 am This is all very dramatic. Most classes that you guard won’t need most of your buffs. Throw a toughness and armor pot on yourself and focus on keeping oathbound and ancestors fury up. Everything else is situational.
As well as snaring, armour debuffing and stripping blessings.

Ads
Farrul

Post#19 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:01 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:23 am This is all very dramatic. Most classes that you guard won’t need most of your buffs. Throw a toughness and armor pot on yourself and focus on keeping oathbound and ancestors fury up. Everything else is situational.
This highlights the issue with IB, gimp your toolkit on purpose to be comparable with other tanks, e.g Guarded strike being stronger than armor potion, may want to take advantage of class features and use another potion instead.

Then there is also more to this game than casual RvR rotations, e.g Scenarios, small scale etc . What the IB brings is his buffs, otherwise why bother playing it? (hence why there is an issue because people want to play optimal and use IB class features, i.e take advantage of what the class has to offer)

I would simply start by increasing oathbound/ancestors fury to 20 seconds duration so it is consistent with most other IB buffs, another thing is to consider making Rising Anger baseline and remove the tactic, the class has enough grudge usage to justify it(e.g IB punt 25 grudge/10 sec cd .... BG punt 30 AP/20 sec cd) .

what63

Post#20 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:17 am

IB is fine courtesy of Heavy Blow being an absurdly powerful ability. Popping heavy blow and a non-damage buff is still essentially the equivalent of two GCDs worth of damage. There's a reason IB is considered so goddamn good by the people that understand the class. Provide more "time"? Well, you gotta nerf HB.