Recent Topics

Ads

Renown Points for SnB IB

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eeshen

Renown Points for SnB IB

Post#1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:37 pm

What should the above spec be focusing on with renown points? I assume block to max, but then what?

Ads
Ruin

Re: Renown Points for SnB IB

Post#2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Exept block, FF for not being crit usualy 2 or 3 ranks, then get some parry and DD if you have spare renown.

Eisenbart2

Post#3 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Baseline is 2-3 points Furtile Strikes and 3 points in Block after that it depends on your build:

Toughness Build: 2-4 points Toughness and Max Hardy Concessions
Meatball: Max Wounds 1-2 points parry and 1 point in D&D
Avoidance: Max Block, Max Parry, 2-3 points D&D

Each of the three builds has advantages and disadvantages and need to go along with your mastery specs, equiped gear, tactics and playstyle.
80+ IB, SL, RP, Engi, WP, BW
70+ SM, Kotbs, SW
60+ AM, WL, WH

Dabbart

Post#4 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 pm

General rule for avoidance, stack that which you can get the highest. With Oathbound, that is parry. Stack Parry, then Block. Note, Shield of Reprisal(your SnB KD) works with block or parry. Also, guard damage was reverted to ONLY require block/parry to avoid. So dodge/disrupt is only for spells/attacks hitting you, not guard damage.

That's 40RR for full parry/block. Personally, I would go TB3(4?)+FS1 alongside Seen It All Before tactic(1/2 duration snares and -15% crit damage which stacks with TB) for Cities/WB roaming, But I'd run Avalanche with max Deft Defender and FS for smaller scale roaming. SCs build would depend on your group comp.

You'll need to change up your spec a bit depending what/where you are playing. Watch what tends to kill you the most often. Spec to defend against that.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.