Recent Topics

Ads

Ability: Evasive (IB Warlord Set)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
j2low

Ability: Evasive (IB Warlord Set)

Post#1 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Hey!

Did anyone do some testing on 7 piece bonus Warlord Set ability: Evasive?? When i just look at the wording of the ability ("On Being Hit: 10% chance to detaunt target.") I'm afraid that the ability will target my offensive "target". I would like to use it that way: when i single target attack my offensive target and some other enemies jump me, i have the chance to proc detaunt vs those other enemies and the detaunt will work as long as i dont attack them/aoe/detaunt expires. But does it work this way?!

Ads
Baaldr

Re: Ability: Evasive (IB Warlord Set)

Post#2 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm

It works like you want it to :)

nocturnalguest

Post#3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:59 pm

Its incredibly strong for solo/duo, small scale and roaming. It compensate for pure stat loss.

j2low

Post#4 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Some More questions:

1. what is the duration of detaunt?

2. will the duration restart if ability procs again within the duration?

3. does every Tick of enemy dot effect count as a hit (that can trigger detaunt) or just the initial hit?

4. if i Apply a melee dot effect on enemy and than stop attacking and than detaunt triggers (against same enemy): will the nxt dot tick cancel the detaunt effect?

Ty for your answers!

j2low

Post#5 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm

ok i did some testing and imo its pretty shitty:

- detaunt only lasts for 5 seconds (!!!)
- (not 100% sure) it seems to be working like a temporary debuff on attacker (debuff is called evasive) and that debuff cannot be applied again while attacker got the debuff (=cannot be overwritten)
--> combined with a proc chance of 10% it is no where close to reliable... feels more like a gimmick that can frustrate an attacker for a (very) short duration of time.

- (not 100% sure) it seems to trigger only on initial hit when attacked with a dot effect; e.g. when keep standing in magus-fog it does not procc etc.; this also means that alot of dot effects are only reduced in dmg for a small part of their duration&overalldamage.

- (not 100% sure) it seems to not trigger at all from guard damage - at least i have never seen it.

anarchypark

Post#6 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:21 am

ty for testing.
j2low wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm - detaunt only lasts for 5 seconds (!!!)
that's 1~2 GCD. compare to sov proc, sov > warlord > off sov. imo.
not bad but not good.

- (not 100% sure) it seems to be working like a temporary debuff on attacker (debuff is called evasive) and that debuff cannot be applied again while attacker got the debuff (=cannot be overwritten)
--> combined with a proc chance of 10% it is no where close to reliable... feels more like a gimmick that can frustrate an attacker for a (very) short duration of time.
most procs don't refresh itself. it follows global rule.

- (not 100% sure) it seems to trigger only on initial hit when attacked with a dot effect; e.g. when keep standing in magus-fog it does not procc etc.; this also means that alot of dot effects are only reduced in dmg for a small part of their duration&overalldamage.
also following global rule. procs triggered by activation of skills.

- (not 100% sure) it seems to not trigger at all from guard damage - at least i have never seen it.
that's... unfortunate.

i think how often you get proc is key.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)