Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Current build/gear setup options?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Neflak

[Slayer] Current build/gear setup options?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:08 am

Hello,

Returning after a few years and my slayer is 40/40 and decently geared at that time with full scenario armor/weapons.

Are slayers still a key dps in coordinated SC groups or have they fallen out of the meta? Loved my slayer, but just curious if they've been changed or balanced out of favor.

My favorite things to do are scenarios and really anything for 6man coordinated group.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Ads
XsorrowerX

Re: [Slayer] Current build/gear setup options?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 am

Slayer is one of the best melee classes for order, but 40/40 will put you way behind with the current times on gear/renown, so you'll have some catching up to do.

Neflak

Post#3 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:20 am

XsorrowerX wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 am Slayer is one of the best melee classes for order, but 40/40 will put you way behind with the current times on gear/renown, so you'll have some catching up to do.
Most efficient way to catch up these days? Has it been made easier to catch-up or RP gain is still roughly the same as it always has been?

XsorrowerX

Post#4 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:51 pm

I've been playing for roughly a year with a couple breaks here and there and it has improved in just that time alone. You should be able to get vanquisher pretty easily. After that, it gets a little more tricky, depending on time of forts/cities etc. In general though, I'd say it's not that bad, but you'll have to suffer a bit at first as melee. Just play the game and you should be caught up in no time though.

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 pm

From rr40 to early 60s is pretty quick. Participate in the lakes, keeps and forts and you'll be fine, gettin' back in the swing of things.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Neflak

Post#6 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:21 pm

XsorrowerX wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:51 pm I've been playing for roughly a year with a couple breaks here and there and it has improved in just that time alone. You should be able to get vanquisher pretty easily. After that, it gets a little more tricky, depending on time of forts/cities etc. In general though, I'd say it's not that bad, but you'll have to suffer a bit at first as melee. Just play the game and you should be caught up in no time though.
Yeah, I know Mdps is ROUGH for open field fighting without a good guard/healer and in general slayer play is rough without those components.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

zulnam

Post#7 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:07 pm

Slayer is the best DPS class on order side for Warband play.

40/40 is indeed very low. Best way for you to gear up is to participate in the RvR lakes. A while back they doubled medalion gains from bags, so getting your geaar is even easier. Also, Vanquisher gloves and boots have been made BoE; so if you have the money or are in a friendly guild you can even have them bought for you.
The biggest change however, and imo most helpful for gearing characters, is that receiving a bag doesn't reset the bagbonus values for all the lower bags. What does this mean?

Previously: If you got a purple bag, the bagbonus resets for the purple bag, as well as blue, green and white.

Now: If you get a purple bag, the bagbonus resets only for purple bags.

Take part especially in the low-tier RvR lakes (T2/T3) after a city. These always lock faster than T4 zones, meaning you get rewarded faster either with gear or with bagbonus for your next roll (to see your bagbonus, just write .bagbonus)

It's never been easier to get vanquisher imo. Good luck!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Neflak

Post#8 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:36 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:07 pm Slayer is the best DPS class on order side for Warband play.

40/40 is indeed very low. Best way for you to gear up is to participate in the RvR lakes. A while back they doubled medalion gains from bags, so getting your geaar is even easier. Also, Vanquisher gloves and boots have been made BoE; so if you have the money or are in a friendly guild you can even have them bought for you.
The biggest change however, and imo most helpful for gearing characters, is that receiving a bag doesn't reset the bagbonus values for all the lower bags. What does this mean?

Previously: If you got a purple bag, the bagbonus resets for the purple bag, as well as blue, green and white.

Take part especially in the low-tier RvR lakes (T2/T3) after a city. These always lock faster than T4 zones, meaning you get rewarded faster either with gear or with bagbonus for your next roll (to see your bagbonus, just write .bagbonus)

Wow, thanks a lot for taking the time to write that up. That is very interesting to learn indeed. Do the bags awarded in t2/t3 zones award relevant loot if you are a 40 or is it just relevant to that tier? If it were going to give t2/t3 gear and not 40 gear it seems like it could be potentially a waste, unless the hope is you don't get a reward and then you have a nice bagbonus going into t4.

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm

Neflak wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:36 pm
zulnam wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:07 pm Slayer is the best DPS class on order side for Warband play.

Wow, thanks a lot for taking the time to write that up. That is very interesting to learn indeed. Do the bags awarded in t2/t3 zones award relevant loot if you are a 40 or is it just relevant to that tier? If it were going to give t2/t3 gear and not 40 gear it seems like it could be potentially a waste, unless the hope is you don't get a reward and then you have a nice bagbonus going into t4.
Tiers 2, 3 and 4 have been mashed into one. You get the same rewards in all of them, so don't worry.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG