Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Fresh 40 low RR, gearing advice?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jimmydiesel

[Engi] Fresh 40 low RR, gearing advice?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:44 am

So I'm new to RoR and there's a ton of changes from what I remember on live. How should I go about starting to gear? Currently I have an epic weapon, full Ruin set, and a bunch of tome unlock jewelry.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: [Engi] Fresh 40 low RR, gearing advice?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:22 am

Congrats on hitting 40. From your post it looks like you are not very high on renown or I am wrong? Generally, if you level through RvR you get enough tokens to buy annihilator armor right away once you hit 40. If this is not your case then check auction for BoE items from the set, start active grinding of RvR and Gunbad. If you have nerves of steel or good mates - do scenarios.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:09 am

And one more thing - each set is an unlock to the next tier so you need to buy anni set and wear it once to unlock progression to conq set otherwise conq tokens won't drop apart from very rare occasions. Once conq set is unlocked the progression will take you to vanq set followed by invaders and sovereign sets.

Scenario sets differ from rvr sets by offering gear for alt spec (eg rvr set for warrior priest is a healer set while scen set is dps set) or just defensive sets. Rvr sets focus more on offensive stats like crit chance and whatever key statistic your class uses and scen sets provide toughness and anticrit stats. This is the major difference between them.

You can check RoR Wiki which has gear some gear info too.

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:09 am And one more thing - each set is an unlock to the next tier so you need to buy anni set and wear it once to unlock progression to conq set otherwise conq tokens won't drop apart from very rare occasions. Once conq set is unlocked the progression will take you to vanq set followed by invaders and sovereign sets.

Scenario sets differ from rvr sets by offering gear for alt spec (eg rvr set for warrior priest is a healer set while scen set is dps set) or just defensive sets. Rvr sets focus more on offensive stats like crit chance and whatever key statistic your class uses and scen sets provide toughness and anticrit stats. This is the major difference between them.

You can check RoR Wiki which has gear some gear info too.
The 'unlock' sets don't start until Invader (rr6x). You can completely skip annihilator and get conqueror, or skip conq and get vanq if you qualify - in rvr. For pve, there are unlock sets such as Gunbad (Redeye set, get all the blue quests when you first go in and you are guaranteed to have the set after 3 runs or less). Redeye > city (Crypts & Tunnes, C&T, for order, Bilerot Burrow and Bxxx Exxxx, forgot name, BB+BE, for destruction. Then if you want you can pursue Bloodlord in the Khorne temple; you should be around rr56+ for this if your new to it. An important note on these pve sets, you CAN collect them all but you can't wear them until the previous unlock in the Tomb Of Knowledge; Redeye cloak is not needed for unlock, and on that note for rvr, the Invader ring is not needed for that ToK unlock either. I'm not sure but SC sets I don't think need any unlocks, I could be wrong though.

Bonus, for most sets (rvr or SC), up to Vanquisher, the gloves and boots are Bind on Equip! So ask your friends to purchase those for you, or get them for about <20g each on the AH.

Best of luck, and welcome back.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:59 am

Not too sure about skipping RvR sets. On one of my toons I wanted to skip conq and get to vanq and it did not work. Maybe because it was long ago, a year+ I guess, maybe more. Best way to see if you need set to unlock or not is by looking at type of tokens you get in RvR.

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:07 am

I can confirm that you can currently skip Conq/Vanq sets, as I'm doing this on one toon that hit CL40 about a month ago. The tokens will help ID what you should be working on, or at least what you qualify for in rvr.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative