Recent Topics

Ads

LF advice for Ranked Solo as Engi

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Klod91

LF advice for Ranked Solo as Engi

Post#1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Hey, I would love to hear some advice on Engi in solo ranked.
I'm rr76 Invader/Vanq. Can get hp to 8k with liniments.

Ads
Whyumadbro

Re: LF advice for Ranked Solo as Engi

Post#2 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Remember that most likely you will be targeted so dont go for a snipe build that needs long cast times, prepare some absorbpots and good healpots for you.

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:18 pm

I'm not even sure Engi is ever viable in Grp ranked let alone with randoms. Engi is especially vulnerable to Choppa, SH, Mara, and WE as you stand to get pounced/pulled by them constantly these days.

I don't know how much luck you will have bringing engi into a grp not expecting it.

Curious to see what ppl say here.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Klod91

Post#4 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 pm

I can get my hp to 8k with liniments, and armor to 3k with a Tactic + pot + selfbuff.
I obviously have all the ap/hp/absorb pots. I definately won't be able to cap mainstat if I go for Wounds liniments.
I wonder what tactics would be most useful.
Engi has 0 mobility. Would I want to go for something like Tangling Wire so I can get away from mdps easier?
I think flashbang with increased casting times tactic would also be very useful to throw at healers.

So I'm thinking tactics-wise I would mb want to got for:
1. Armor
2. Flashbang
3. Tangling Wire(?)
4. Coordinated fire(?) / Quick Reloader (?) / Masterfull Aim (?)

So something like this? 1 Mastery Point left to either put into Quick Reloader or somewhere else.
RoR.builders - Engineer

Akilinus

Post#5 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Survive until you get m3.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Grock

Post#6 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:44 pm

The theory is stay at max range, dont let Choppas come to pull range, be ready to blow up turret for KD if they use charge/stealth/pounce. And kill them while their tanks are away.
If enemy dps recklessly charges/pounces at your backline they generally should die while being out of guard range, while their tanks are snared/punted away. Not sure how realistic that is in solorank tbh

Mine and especially Barbed Wire are bad ideas. If you can Stagger enemy healers with Mine or enemy tanks when DPS are diving thats good, otherwise not so much.
Coordinated Fire is good, but you have to cover Signal Flare with other dots first so it doesn't get dispelled.

And as Akilinus said you just survive until M3 and then CanonBlast someone to death, potentially setting up with Snipe and finishing off with FF+Hipshot.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Wam

Post#7 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 pm

Klod91 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:46 pm Hey, I would love to hear some advice on Engi in solo ranked.
I'm rr76 Invader/Vanq. Can get hp to 8k with liniments.
Ranged in ranked is hard and especially on Engi... it is more stationary class and premade fights usually more fast / mobile, so melee tend to do better, that being said one you want to be hard to kill as possible, if you are a free kill you just tank your own mmr and your realms.

So know the distance between you and your tanks, its very hard for tanks to guard ranged if they going to be at the back sniping and then the action swaps to you... so do not line of sight your healers behind terrain... download swift assist add on and assist the other dps in your team...
the advice with signal flare is good

Know who you are up against, their skill level but more importantly their class capabilities... if you against anything with a gap closer,stealth, or ranged CC and or ranged burst you need to be aware of it in advance... so you can CC / detaunt / pot / kite etc

Mara/Choppa got charge... both have pulls, choppa is instant and also speed buff, mara pull can be interupted
Welf... got perma stealth, and also a fast moving stealth, and now a leap?
MSH... got pounce, but can be rooted...

Tanks most probably 2 hander, so you wont have to worry too much about SNB full sov tanks giving + speed boost to team and charge you...

RSH... got a ranged knocked down might cause you some problems
Magus/Sorc... easy to spot their rotation on you, sorc silence you

Tanks might have champ challenge slotted to root you in place, and punt your other tanks away... and try burst you...

Zealot can ranged stagger you
Shaman ranged silence you

Chosen/BG can super punt you, but usually better to punt tanks.

8k HP is okay...

you are ranged dps without a heal debuff, so ideally your partner dps has one.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:11 pm

I'd say message Mekanik, he's knows his stuff about engi in ranked

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#9 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:33 am

engi is a killer. especially in solo ranked, but super gear dependent and very tricky. top skill required.
for actual advises try to contact Mekanik and (or) Gammarock in game

Fanglo

Post#10 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:54 am

pre-kite a lot and use the range to your advantage. spec for cc and defense. Don't focus too much on damage but rather staying alive. Get in poke and get out. Keep the enemy guessing.