Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Newbie's confusion in ORvR

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
reistahlen

[Engineer] Newbie's confusion in ORvR

Post#1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:47 am

Hello everyone.

I'm trying Engineer and, while loving the class, I can't figure out how to play it in ORvR: by the time my turret is down either we're crushing the Destros, and it's too late, or they are charging and already on us and I'm dead.

I tried to put down the turret a bit in advance in the rear line, then re-summoning it when the front line advances, but it's so quick I can barely attack that the front line has already moved...

I'd like some advice on how to play Engineer in these configurations, because it's becoming increasingly frustrating. Thanks in advance!

Ads
nailinthehead

Re: [Engineer] Newbie's confusion in ORvR

Post#2 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:07 am

You essentially need insta-turret tactic to somehow keep up with the WB (yes, you need to waste a tactic slot to play, yay). Nevertheless even with this tactic it will still be demanding and don't see it happen outside of grenadier spec (fluff-damage ftw!). Doesn't fix the problem with small clashes where fight is over in few seconds, as your turret won't give you any significant dmg bonus before the fight is over. Engi is difficult to play in dynamic ORVR setup and unless there's some long push&pull fight or keep attack/keep defence your impact will be marginal as most of your attacks require you to stay still to cast. So my advice is to focus on utility when not in stationary fights.

OR just join the BT sniper squad and be whined about your insane dps, being OP and breaking the game :D

wonshot

Post#3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:27 am

What you are describing in the issue with engineer and Magus class, they become quite immobile when playing towards their turret mechanic. There are a few ways to try and get around the core of the issue, but mainly you are just playing a situational class.

The extra range, debuffs, benefits and the turret stacks themselves are amazing. You become a really hard hitting damagedealer when you have your turret setup, full stacks and the fight is happening in range of you.

But unfortuneatly these situations happends mostly in a keep siege, and not so much in the open where the fights are more explosive, kiting, pulling and pushing are dynamic parts of a battle unfolding moving the field of battle back and forth depending om momentum, casualties and reinforcements. You can get lucky and place your turret in a good spot where you reap all the benefits from having your targets in range, and relocating to an other spot. But the more mobile and less situational careers will strieve alot more in the open than your Engineer.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Karl

Post#4 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Check out Fixxer’s guides and stream for great insights to playing engie - his stream made me roll one :)

https://fixxer.tv/

Glorian

Post#5 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Mostly the above comments are true.
For dynamic rvr you need the instant Turret tactic, the bombardment Turret and the addon: Turret range.

Also I would highly suggest to have Turret summon and redeploy on your mmo mouse or easy to reach keyboard keys.

The bombard Turret let you cast grenades on the move, also he holds the stacks on a bigger range. The Turret range addon then turns from green to yellow. If you are out of max range use redeploy as resummoning removes 4 stacks.

But it is hard to keep up with rvr if your wb is allways on the move. Back in the day with heavy engineers in rvr we played slower with stops for Turrets and such. Most WB leaders don't Care for that.

Also as Grenadier dots don't apply weapon procs you could switch these weapons and go direct effects or bloodlord weapons.

You can put Fluff dps on destro to keep their healers in action. Don't expect BW AoE dps on destro though.

Glorian

Post#6 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:10 pm

Also: Try to get your dawi hands on Fortress 5 pieces and Onslaught Gloves. It gives +10 and +5 feet range.
In some situations you can get a gunturret +throwing arm and get extreme Ranges on your grenades to lob them from 3rd floor keep.

For questions please ask in bitterstone Discord Thunderer career channel.

abezverkhiy

Post#7 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:08 am

Florian I watched your all Engi's and RP's scen video (highly advise every engi to watch) and I loved your add-on that separately showed cooldown on your Friction Burn. What is it?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Glorian

Post#8 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:26 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:08 am Florian I watched your all Engi's and RP's scen video (highly advise every engi to watch) and I loved your add-on that separately showed cooldown on your Friction Burn. What is it?
It should be buffhead I think. Showing the Dots on your Target.

Ads