Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] SnB Weapon and Shield - which is best?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Paxsanarion

[IB] SnB Weapon and Shield - which is best?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 am

Hi everyone! Just a quick question - I am beginning to work on Epic Quests and I was wondering for a SnB IB running deftard either tri spec or middle and right tree grumble and mutter spec with full ruin gear which weapon and shield would you recommend? Thank you for your time!

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: [IB] SnB Weapon and Shield - which is best?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:20 am

Go for all three, complete them all but last step and compare rewards. Of shields I chose Grudge, other two were not too appealing. For 1h weps I can't recall. 2h weapons are more interesting. I remember taking Earthsplitter or something similar - very good weapon proc for such a low level weapon.

All 3 chains are soloable but will take some time esp if doing them for the first time. Spec Mutter and whatever to refill health.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Nekkma

Post#3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 am

Base the decision on how they look as you will replace them (statwise ) fast.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 am

Nekkma wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 am Base the decision on how they look as you will replace them (statwise ) fast.
Can you preview items before choosing them?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Nekkma

Post#5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 am
Nekkma wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:30 am Base the decision on how they look as you will replace them (statwise ) fast.
Not really, but you can search forum for pics or ask ingame to check them out. A tip is to not miss the t3 epic quests. Some really good looking weapons there for several classes. I use the t3 skins on BO, SM and Chosen.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Paxsanarion

Post#6 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 am

Thank you all.......for the appearance of dwarf weapons I have found this useful......sometimes the icons in the quest reward window do not look like the item but if you compare the names to the weapons or shields in this list they match appearance wise :-)

viewtopic.php?t=21007

DirkDaring

Post#7 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 am Thank you all.......for the appearance of dwarf weapons I have found this useful......sometimes the icons in the quest reward window do not look like the item but if you compare the names to the weapons or shields in this list they match appearance wise :-)

viewtopic.php?t=21007

For the most part that is accurate, when it come to set armor, a lot for whatever reason the appearances were changed on all of them a year ago, I assume to piss everyone off, and as a gold sink/time sink, trying to find the old armor appearance you had, as well as redying everything etc, Fashionhammer is serious business.

As others have said do all three of the t4 Epic quests up to the very last step which is chosing a reward so you can compare between them. The 2H axe Earthsplit from Elf is nice , then select a 1h, and shield from the other two.

Toggle

Post#8 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:19 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 am
Someone made a tool that allows you to preview all of the epic quest weapon appearances. It’s on the forums somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#9 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)