Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Mob farming char (butchering)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Phantasm

[Slayer] Mob farming char (butchering)

Post#1 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:46 am

I never played slayer and I need pve char for butchering. I DONT want engi.
Pls can you post some decent 40/40 spec so I can stop wasting time on my IB for gold farm.
Thank you.
PS: also min gear I need for it.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: [Slayer] Mob farming char (butchering)

Post#2 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:40 am

Not too easy to do solo farm at 40/40 due to lack of a self healing option. But you can do it in any gear with dual wield spec.

I would recommend getting Inevitable Doom. Pretty much just use Onslaught, ID, and retribution and you can kill quite a few mobs at once.

However, at 40/40 you cannot afford Rune of Absorption at the same time as ID. Health potions will be a must if you don’t want to spend a lot of time waiting for health to regenerate.

For tactics, I would recommend Ancestral Inheritance and Riposte as armor is the main mitigation source in PvE and passive parry happens a lot with mobs.

Additionally, make sure you have invested renown points in at least Futile Strikes II.

Farming as Slayer gets pretty good once you get Vanquisher/Subjagator and especially once you are rr60 and can have RoA and ID at the same time.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Phantasm

Post#3 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:02 am

Thats a great piece of info. Very useful. Thank you.

StrongUn

Post#4 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:00 pm

A high rr/gear slayer is awesome for butchering, not a low one with rr and green items...
I would reroll a DD worried priest instead, good damage, awesome selfheal even with low rr/gear

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Without a healer to duo with, I wouldn't pick any of the characters with a "self-harm" class mechanic to farm with. Too much downtime.

Phantasm

Post#6 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 pm

I got plan to play normally rvr to vanq and than make it pure butcher. Has WP got any aoe farm potential?

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 pm I got plan to play normally rvr to vanq and than make it pure butcher. Has WP got any aoe farm potential?
Massive.

It is slow as hell to kill stuff in comparison to MDPS but you can pretty much aggro the entire area worth of mobs and safely grind 'em down.

xanderous

Post#8 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:17 pm

typically engie/magus are good ranged dps butchers because of their aoe and ability to pull stuff, mara is good mdps because their montro mutation gives them healing and they are fairly tough, everything else can do it but they suffer from either low dps or sustain, both of which make the experience quite tedious, my magus and engie are my butchers.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Lobsterkuln

Post#9 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:03 am

Anyone happen to know that WP spec for farming :D