[IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TreefAM

Re: [IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Post#71 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:32 pm

hammerhead wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:59 am I can tell you no career in ROR has needed such significant changes according to the lore and their place in the group. There was no need for WE 30ft finishers, just as it was not necessary to make a 40ft GTDC, as it was inappropriate to nerf the RuneFang and Shatter Confidence, mirror the second knock for the BG and give an outrageous level of avidance as for a two-handed tank. Give BO execute in the first position and whatnot, but the devs went for it. So why are you surprised now?
The fact that you can run in the lake and spam a couple of buffs and challenge in time does not mean that the class is all right and it is in a good place because it is not. And it is felt when you try any of the other 5 available careers.
Well since the guard change, 2h BGs having the 30% parry tactic doesn't mean much so it's all the same now.

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#72 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:03 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:05 am
Spoiler:
hammerhead wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:59 am I can tell you no career in ROR has needed such significant changes according to the lore and their place in the group. There was no need for WE 30ft finishers, just as it was not necessary to make a 40ft GTDC, as it was inappropriate to nerf the RuneFang and Shatter Confidence, mirror the second knock for the BG and give an outrageous level of avidance as for a two-handed tank. Give BO execute in the first position and whatnot, but the devs went for it. So why are you surprised now?
The fact that you can run in the lake and spam a couple of buffs and challenge in time does not mean that the class is all right and it is in a good place because it is not. And it is felt when you try any of the other 5 available careers.
Kotbs does feel very bland to play without runefang + destroy confidence. Bring them back but Destroy confidence should maybe only be 35 feet instead of 65 and remove 2 blessings instead of 3.

As someone who mained a Shaman on live, Destroy Confidence would be one way to cull the plague of Shamans on RoR, that's for sure...

Sinisterror

Post#73 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:36 pm

CeeJay89 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:03 pm
Spoiler:
Kotbs does feel very bland to play without runefang + destroy confidence. Bring them back but Destroy confidence should maybe only be 35 feet instead of 65 and remove 2 blessings instead of 3.

As someone who mained a Shaman on live, Destroy Confidence would be one way to cull the plague of Shamans on RoR, that's for sure...
Aye that is true let me add that that can remove 1 blessing/enchantment from 2 targets so you cant negate every hot or bubble shaman has while killing the shaman at the sime time. I played shaman live as well but destroy confidence was nerfed semi early if remember right.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

CeeJay89

Post#74 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:36 pm
Spoiler:

Aye that is true let me add that that can remove 1 blessing/enchantment from 2 targets so you cant negate every hot or bubble shaman has while killing the shaman at the sime time. I played shaman live as well but destroy confidence was nerfed semi early if remember right.
Honestly making it so it's either 65ft again, or making the tactic do 2 Enchantments at melee range would probably be fine, given Shaman has the ability to get away. But it wouldn't really be worth the tactic slot at that point.

To my knowledge it was removed from the server before it was even implemented, so pre-T4 (I believe it was a R39 ability).

Ysaran

Post#75 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Mortgrimm wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:22 pm
skillordz wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:07 pm that's it, buffbot, rotation= buff, bufff , earthshater, bufff, buff, buff, buff, taunt, ,buff buf buf, kb, buff buff buff, kd, buff buff buff, cd increaser, buff buff bufff
+1
That´s my opinion:
Inspiring attack only gives willpower buff, strength doesn´t stack with pot of dps
Guarded attack gives nothing cause doesn´t stack with pot
Vengefull Strike depends on aura, maybe it counts
This are all ability bound buffs, means this abilities are almost useless. there is no dmg anyway.
Stubborn as Stone almost gives nothing cause doesn´t stack with aura from knight, so depends.
-Isnpiring attack has healdebuff attached
-Guard attack doesn't stack with potions, this means that both you and you oathfriend can use thorn potions
-vangefull strike is useful when you have no kotbs in party or when the kotbs is not running tough aura, which depending from party comp can be quite often
These ability deal damage, and this is very important
-Stubborn as stone increase your AA speed by 50% in most cases, which means that you deal damage also when you are using non-damaging ability like Oathbound or Ancestor's Fury.
-Your strenght buff doesn't stack with pots/kotbs aura, means that your oathfriend can use liniments instead of potion.

These are all great ability, you have just to use it with awerness.
Zputadenti

TreefAM

Post#76 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:03 am

Lots of people say this and that doesn't stack with knight aura.
But proper knights use resist/ap/heal auras so I don't see a problem :D

hammerhead

Post#77 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:10 am

Many other people say that IB is a buffer with strong ST damage, excellent survivability and utility. Survival, which is only in the SNB build, where, with near zero damage and of all buffs only parry/crit is useful. And in 2H, the damage is strong except for afking WE with the same utility, which is probably the only plus for the class.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ysaran

Post#78 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:10 am

hammerhead wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:10 am Many other people say that IB is a buffer with strong ST damage, excellent survivability and utility. Survival, which is only in the SNB build, where, with near zero damage and of all buffs only parry/crit is useful.
this is misinformation.
with proper gear (red eye/conq/epic weap) 2h is a damn stone. +25% parry buff, ini buff, +10% dodge/disrupt from weaps proc (either epic or sent), 900 magical absorb damage, AoE snare, KD, Punt, anti crit ability(these are the basis) and then you can spec for: self heal, double anti-snare (which also heal u) and speed buff (again, this also heal u on proc). Then you have M2. M2 makes you immortal for 5 seconds. If you don't like M2 you can use M3: 7200 damage absorb. Now add double pot and absorb pots. and now add you can have the highest armor in the whole game (where are the armor meta supporter now?), anti snare tactic, anti KD/stagger tactic.
Also, while SnB you can crit squishy for around 400 damage. it's not dps damage, but it helps bringing down enemies.
hammerhead wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:10 am And in 2H, the damage is strong except for afking WE with the same utility, which is probably the only plus for the class.
LoL, i suppose you are one of those deftards with 1050 toughness and with Ancestral Inerithance, else i can't really undertsand your statement
Zputadenti

Ads
Earthcake

Post#79 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:32 am

Yes, you do have all of this, but remember, you don't have the time to use it.

Also, 400 crit one the ONE damage skill you'll have time to cast in a 10sec period ?
Better have 200dmg on 7-8 skills like most other tanks can have.

Nekkma

Post#80 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:34 am

Spoiler:

Is this server plagued by healing shamans? If not, why gut destro's weakest healing spec even more to deal with dps shamans? If dps shamans is to good, by all means nerf them, but do not destroy healing shamans as collateral. Btw, the range of destroy confidence was never the issue. The issue was the removal of all hots in one global cooldown on the focused target. As the knight was guarding a slayer, most likely, he was already in melee range of the focused target.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron