Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] generel healing Pattern and what to use

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Valerious

[RP] generel healing Pattern and what to use

Post#1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:02 am

Hi,
So i ask for warband play with classical Setup 2-2-2 ..... After hots, do you prefer using grp heal or heal ST with the fast grungi?
In many cases - even when in backline - After 10 seconds there are some destro at me, if Not i got at least silenced or interupted. So my Feeling is that i should Not use the grp heal when under pressure, even if one or two Party members die i could rez them soon After when i am safe myself....
Next thing is i used as m2 the armor and resi Buff for my party, do you experienced runis or all other Veteran healers prefer Focused Mind?

Normal Pattern is: healing rune on ground , hot all, use that 3 min CD skill that reduce incoming Dmg and the other 3min one that gives +wounds in myself, when i am Not attacked i Spam group 1 or 2 Times, walk 20feet, repeat.... but After all i Think I.e. WP has much better grp heal so i should use ST most of the time!?!?!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

Ads
Twyxx

Re: [RP] generel healing Pattern and what to use

Post#2 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:14 am

You shouldn’t waste your AoE detaunt when you’re not being pressured. Same thing for your wounds buff. If you find yourself generally not having enough wounds, slot some wounds talis rather than wasting a cool down. Focused Mind should be your M2.
If you find yourself dying/interrupted a lot, you should look into your renown spec and gear set up.

Valerious

Post#3 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:28 am

I m at 7.3k health with liniment or WP Buff.
RR points are most in Defensive, FS3 so i got to 0% crit, rest in crit heal and disrupt. All talis armor and wounds. Wearing only conq atm, working an vanq inv mix.
Okay ty i try FM as M2 tonight, and what you Think about heal ability? Better ST or Grp?

Gurf

Post#4 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 am

Its situational, I still use group heal a lot but if you have a WP in your party it makes life a lot easier to hot and target heal. There is a time and place for all the heal options I think, even Rune of Mending now they have reduced the ap cost

Lyckansost

Post#5 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:33 am

On the move heals are what rp does best so keep moving away from those who are coming for u, if u have a WP in your party he will keep grp healing up. You support till you get m2 then FM and spam grp heal if needed. Fast heal, hots and shield +wounds is your tools to keep targets under focus up.
But there is no this is how to do it, sometimes the best a rp can do is grp heal.

cleanharry030

Post#6 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:33 pm

Positioning is key. RP works best with a WP in party, let him carry with group heals while you support him, using tactics like Blessing of Grungni, Ancestors Echo and if your group doesn't require you to slot AP Battery run Regenerative Shielding.

Place your Master rune (try to anticipate if your warband will push forward or maybe retreat), refresh your HoT's (including Rune of Serenity) starting with DPS in your party, reposition and flash heal on the move (the cost of Rune of Mending was reduced, so this is another option for on the move heals). If you think you found a safe spot don't hesitate to spam group heals if the situation allows/requires it. I personally try to do that only when i know i will not be pressured in the next few seconds and/or i have M2 Focused Mind ready.

The synergy between WP and RP is amazing, both compliment each other very well. Stick to your strengths, like mobility and cross healing. Let your partner WP do the heavy lifting when it comes to group heals.

Make sure you have your other Healer marked and avoid staying close to him, especially if it's an Archmage. Both of you getting staggered/knocked down at the same time could mean the wipe of your party.
Ybilla WP / Valrelen DoK

Not Good Enough / NGE

Broodling

Post#7 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:09 pm

If you are looking for one single pattern for healing you are doing it wrong. RP is to diverse of a healer to just look for one heal pattern and only do that. pre hoting is great to start yes, but after that it's all kind of in the air. if a group member getting focused you focus single target heal them... if the group is getting aoe pressure you use your group heals. one tip is don't sleep on any of the heals that the RP gets they all may not be a focused skill to use at all times but every one of them has a place and time to be used.

Valarion

Post#8 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 am

Valerious wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:02 am Hi,
So i ask for warband play with classical Setup 2-2-2 ..... After hots, do you prefer using grp heal or heal ST with the fast grungi?
In many cases - even when in backline - After 10 seconds there are some destro at me, if Not i got at least silenced or interupted. So my Feeling is that i should Not use the grp heal when under pressure, even if one or two Party members die i could rez them soon After when i am safe myself....
Next thing is i used as m2 the armor and resi Buff for my party, do you experienced runis or all other Veteran healers prefer Focused Mind?

Normal Pattern is: healing rune on ground , hot all, use that 3 min CD skill that reduce incoming Dmg and the other 3min one that gives +wounds in myself, when i am Not attacked i Spam group 1 or 2 Times, walk 20feet, repeat.... but After all i Think I.e. WP has much better grp heal so i should use ST most of the time!?!?!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!

It depends on the situation. If the main source of damage is ST or someone has overextended, then ST (after prehoting) is the way to go.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:42 pm

All armor and resi buffs wont stack (sadly) with pots and other buffs (even M2), so Focused Mind is mandatory.

Casting is dependant of the situation for you : HoTs and cast on the move when chased, powerful heals (Mono and Group) when quietly out of combat.

Pre-hotting is useful in most cases but won't trigger the tactics on Crits (+25% heal and AP regen), and Rune of Mending is still bad when compared to Blessing of Grungni since in the middle tree (and still not heal/AP efficient).

Classic combo is Ancestor's Echo tactic (Right path) with Master rune of Adamant, to proc all tactics on each pulse. Very good damage sponge on party with Absorb bubbles.
Always have your Master Rune on the ground active. Always.