Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] New Avenging The Debt

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abezverkhiy

[IB] New Avenging The Debt

Post#1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Anyone tried it? The description does not sound promising. Or am I wrong?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
farng84

Re: [IB] New Avenging The Debt

Post#2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:15 pm

I skipped that skill on my IB, while the extra skill to remove impairing effects looks nice I think you don't have enough on you to provide decent healing.
If it did remove them from party members within X ft that could make it interesting (and possibly op)
I skipped it and invested points in other skills, but I'm also a noob IB

seorito

Post#3 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi! I have been trying that skill.
From my experience, it seems to shine only in one specific scenario: Guarding a slayer in a oRvR warband. That's mostly because usually you both get slowed or staggered in a bad position (either fleeing or catching those pesky healers). This is specially true while roaming.

On the other hand, its utility with dps with good mobility is very limited (WL pounce mainly). If you are guarding a rdps, then it might be useful to help them kite, but nothing great (its much better to punt them away).

Finally, in cities you don't have time to use it, and you are always close to fight anyway. Better spend the points elsewhere.

Ostabenny

Post#4 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 am

It’s a nice upgrade on the previous skill, but I think the the cost of speccing that high in the middle tree means you lose too much utility. Nice to have choices though.

Parallels66

Post#5 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:18 am

im kinda new to IB but from my experiences that heal seems basically useless because you never have enough snares stacked on you for it to be meaningful. **IMO** a nice change to it for utility/group play purposes may be something like replacing the heal with a party buff - range of 40yards around you to increase movespeed of party members by like 20% for 6seconds or until skill is used.

kmark101

Post#6 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:55 am

This new skill is very lackluster and a massive nerf in my opinion. The previous one was one of the best burst skill of the IB (spammable, no_cooldown, high damage skill, just in a wrong tree.. don't know who's idea was this change but surely did not consider this aspect...), was one of my favorite, wish this skill would be reverted back and just it's heal effect fixed (so it would trigger in other conditions besides killing blow).
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

zulnam

Post#7 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 am

It does feel like a half-hearted ability and I would love to hear the reasoning behind it, if there's any besides 'well the previous ability was too OP so we had to change it'.

Too high in the middle tree to be of use for 2H specs. If it was a 10-second cooldown maybe you could argue for it, but you lose too much Path of Brotherhood goodness getting it.

For SnB Path of Stone is one of the trees to go in, but even then you'd be better off getting Shield Mastery, Oathbound. Hell even Oathstone and Oath of Vengeance sound better imo.

Like someone said, it could be useful in certain situations in which you already know the group you're going with and your guard DPS, but lets say it's a Slayer. They have charge, you have juggernaut. So the ability is a bit :roll:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

hammerhead

Post#8 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 am

Precisely because the Slayer has a Charge, this skill has a place to be, since half the time of engagement you got entangled in roots. I find it suitable for the SNB build precisely as a bodyguard, because it allows you to always turn your Teather green (well, or almost). In 6x6, I think this skill will not decide anything and the only counter-means against the super pant will still be the wings of heaven. On forts and open fields, there are and will be better tactics. Definitely not a bad ability for a city.

Oath of Vengeance is a terrible tactic. Any fresh 40/40 Kobs will rewrite the Vengeful Strike buff by a wide margin. Better then Furious Reprisal.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:31 pm

True forgot about the kotbs aura. That does make OoV pointless.

Going back to this though; arguing that it is useful as catch-up.

The way i see it we already have Juggernaut for this.

Juggernaut: removes all snaring, rooting, silencing, and disarming effects.

AtD: removes all movement impairing effects (heal is negligible).

Unless there are other movement impairing effects beside snare and root, you already have an ability that does this; but only for yourself.

So if you are guarding a mdps and that mdps is snared and they don't have their charge/jump/sigil ready or they are saving it, then it is useful.

Idk, it still feels a bit flaky to me. Very situational and high up in the tree.

Actually i should stop complaining before they switch it's place with parry buff :lol:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

kmark101

Post#10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Your slayer oathfriend is snared 99% of the time due to squig goo, so this skill helps absolutely nothing with the movement issues. Waste of space in any game mode. At least the previous version had an extremely good burst dps value.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker