Recent Topics

Ads

IB Question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rapzel

Re: IB Question

Post#31 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:47 pm

Drozen wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:12 pm IB is perfectly fine, i could argue it's the strongest tank alongside the right dps. Like Rapzel mention the combo of IB + SL is in a league on there own (Both wb play and single group play)

Granted there is 10buffs, but not really a issue to rotate them on your outhfriend (or even swap outhfriend and buff other party members with 'em if needed), this is just something that takes time to learn and gett right so keep at it. It's a awsome and strong class to play, you shouldnt feel gimped in any way shape or form when playing IB.

One class shouldnt have everything, wich is good... But what IB do bring is a very strong tank both offensive and defensive in WB's or single party's.

(have not read all post prior to this, but yea.. IB is perfectly fine)
It's probably because I'm a LoBster vassal :)

Ads
Earthcake

Post#32 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:56 pm

To people that think IBs are fine (or even best order tank lol), and dare say they can even buff several people (lol again) just read this :

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42544

Drozen

Post#33 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:30 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:56 pm To people that think IBs are fine (or even best order tank lol), and dare say they can even buff several people (lol again) just read this :

That's some nice and fancy math, and he is prob right. alot of time only buffing your outhfriend etc. In Wb setting that is mostly complitely fine, you are not the dps at all... you are there for guards and buffs/cc, so being limited to only do those buffs parry/crit/though/resist/ap feeder and doing slows, armor de-buffs, punts/kd & challange's you are doing a solid work. all of this you have time for, and it's situational so NO, all will never have to be up 24/7..

In smallscale it's a diffrent thing, you will add alot of extra dmg by using abilities rather then majority of time spendt buffing the outhfriend.. Crit & parry one's are the important ones, rest should be spendt adding dmg.. so yes a thoughness buff or some extra str added by IA can happen here aswell as Crit de-buffs. In the end tho, you are still a tank and there to soak up dmg and take care of your team & it's still situational buffs/de-buffs/punts & kd's etc. so not all will be black and white and needed 24/7.

Only my point of veiwe and you or anyone else dont have to share it, but coming and asking about IB is fine or not (Like the author did)... you should expect diffrent oppinions about it, if you dont wanna hear what other ppl have to say about it that's fine, a lost opportunity to maybe learn something new tho. Take answers constructive instead of beeing on the defense. Always time to learn and improve, So be open to the fact we dont know it all instead & could be wrong..

Maybe IB just aint your class then simply eough Earthcake?
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Earthcake

Post#34 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Well, you just didn't read the post at all :)

Otherwise you'd have read that even with buffing only parry and crit you still only have time for 2 skills while other tanks have time for minimum 4 of them while maintaining their buffs.

You are right about something tho, IB is definitly not my class, since anyone would do better on any other tank, it's just simply not the class of anybody that don't want to be a detriment to their party/wb.

Rapzel

Post#35 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:56 pm To people that think IBs are fine (or even best order tank lol), and dare say they can even buff several people (lol again) just read this :

I answered that thread as well.
A great piano player doesn't need to hit all the notes as fast as possible, but the ones needed to play the melody correctly.
A great IB knows what buffs to keep up against what and when, that's the beauty of the career.

Drozen

Post#36 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:48 pm Well, you just didn't read the post at all :)

Otherwise you'd have read that even with buffing only parry and crit you still only have time for 2 skills while other tanks have time for minimum 4 of them while maintaining their buffs.

You are right about something tho, IB is definitly not my class, since anyone would do better on any other tank, it's just simply not the class of anybody that don't want to be a detriment to their party/wb.
I did, and I addresed it in my answer.

But good you giving another class(es) a go, most important thing is to enjoy what you play.. Rest is secundary.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

detrap

Post#37 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:42 pm
detrap wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:23 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:01 pm

Why?
Small scale because of buffs and debuffs like armour debuff, which only WL has access to otherwise (WL isn't good paired with a slayer), crit buff that "stacks" with KotBS/ASW debuff. 25% parry on target and self, only WS buff in the game which is huge for all of the order melees. All the "innate" debuffs you spam out help cover other curses naturally in your rotation, crit debuff is really strong.
Ofc you can't compare it to kotbs or BG but they're the two best tanks in the game for 6vs6.
BO and SM only brings ungabunga to 6vs6, chosen sure has some nice synergy with certain careers but in no way do they have as strong buffs/debuffs as the IB.
The biggest issue with IB and its very prominent in e.g. solo ranked is that it has zero synergy with SM, which is a tank combo never played in 6vs6.
IB KotBS X2 slayer RP + WP is still the strongest setup you can get.

BG has zero synergy with anything in WB. Only reason you would ever use it is to push fort or to being a 2h for the single target group and have it probably guard a mara or something that can take some damage. As a SnB BG you bring a aoe slow and a lot of block, that's it.

IB had obvious weaknesses and still do in their tank path but the new tactic in brotherhood makes it a great support tank for AP heavy groups, and can buff a DPS to do amazing numbers, adding 25% parry and are + crit to a slayer is also really nice with the benefit of giving him 30 AP each time you use it, then being able to swap around and get the root break and AoE slow isn't bad either.

But ofc its lack-luster it's a balanced career in a game where all other careers are redoncolously OP in their preferred environment.
You have to be joking, BG has similar abilities to that of the knight with a wounds and crit debuff and defense debuff. Perfect for warband play.

IB tank tree is strong and makes them the best snb tank for eating guard damage. Perfect for guarding a slayer.
2h tank, used for ST group, do I need to repeat myself more? Crimson Death has a requirement of wielding a 2H to be used. And yes sure a lot of the base abilities are the same on KotBS and BG, though KotBS also has a working SnB spec and auras added to it. While BG is a damage sponge. Imagine how good KotBS would be in a WB if you removed auras? Thats BG with SnB.
That's not true, BG has better st debuffs, the biggest punt, spammable and stackable heal debuff, better survivability from guard damage, I can keep going.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Rapzel

Post#38 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 pm

detrap wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:12 pm
detrap wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:23 pm

You have to be joking, BG has similar abilities to that of the knight with a wounds and crit debuff and defense debuff. Perfect for warband play.

IB tank tree is strong and makes them the best snb tank for eating guard damage. Perfect for guarding a slayer.
2h tank, used for ST group, do I need to repeat myself more? Crimson Death has a requirement of wielding a 2H to be used. And yes sure a lot of the base abilities are the same on KotBS and BG, though KotBS also has a working SnB spec and auras added to it. While BG is a damage sponge. Imagine how good KotBS would be in a WB if you removed auras? Thats BG with SnB.
That's not true, BG has better st debuffs, the biggest punt, spammable and stackable heal debuff, better survivability from guard damage, I can keep going.
Please do, please keep derailing a thread that actually had some sort of intelligence in it. Jumping in starting to compare BG with KotBS in a thread about IB as a tank and where it fits, Idk what to say even.

Ads
detrap

Post#39 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Please do, please keep derailing a thread that actually had some sort of intelligence in it. Jumping in starting to compare BG with KotBS in a thread about IB as a tank and where it fits, Idk what to say even.
Well what you are saying is wrong, maybe look at the mastery trees for starters.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Rapzel

Post#40 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 pm

detrap wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Well what you are saying is wrong, maybe look at the mastery trees for starters.
I've never said anything about ST debuffs, because they are pretty much irrelevant outside of the ST group play, not a single word. Do you think anyone would pick a SnB BG over a SnB BO or Chosen? No you run it in the single target group with a 2h to get the juicy nice stuff, SnB BG is weaker than all other SnB specs except for pushes. Why on earth do you think people stack BO + Chosen and KotBS in premade wbs? Because they're the worst tanks?