Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Gearing Advice 40+

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TreefAM

Re: [IB] Gearing Advice 40+

Post#11 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 am

No you don't, the only set that you need to have full to unlock the next one is Invader, since before the invader unlock you will not earn royals from City Siege (or from orvr bags)
If you want to start getting invader currency from normal zone bags you need full vanq.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:05 am

Great post by TreefAM. Very compact guide of a tank starter pack. The only thing i disagree is that you should basically aim for sc shield. Tbf you can run subj all the way, absorb proc is a huge boost.
for 2h rr70+ you need to do a lot of pve. most optimal setup is still 5 bloodlord + 3 warlord, best offensive one is 5 warlord + 3 oppressor/ranked. all those 5 warlord + 3 alt sov are actually worse, they lack a lot of parry and dont provide you with huge offensive boost. i'd like to test out 4 warlord + 4 alt sov, dont have sov ring yet.
with guard dodge/disrupt feature you are kinda obliged with your rr spending so FS III, parry IV and d/d to at least III (thats rr60, and actually the lowest possible rank to go 2h on IB, before that its too gimpy) and after that you can either go for some specific stat (str or ws) or go crit II and spend the leftovers for some minor stat increases. Crit=burst, so i prefer to go that way.

TreefAM

Post#13 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 am

Honestly depending what you are doing, dodge/disrupt can be very useful but also useless.
In cities you won't be fighting ranged very often so why even bother, when sieging keeps/pushing forts I can see it being useful but as an IB you still won't be facing that many sorc/magus.
On the dmg well I guess I can agree somewhat, yeah if you want to maximize burst you can mix it up with lower tier sets that actually have good stats on them, because let's face it but both Sov and Warlord have some of the worst stat allocations I've seen in this game for 2tanks.
With a lot of useless ap per sec, morale per sec, hp per sec, random toughness on weird pieces, etc...
5alt sov/3warlord does up your crit, your wounds, gives you a nice amount of ws and str.
If you really want to get into bis you should probably mix whatever of these sets with the ranked sc sets (since they actually have good stats on them)
That being said, since 2h IB is kinda lacking in their overall use in WB play and are only good for smallscale roaming/scs I've been toying around with a build which can basically work with snb better, but can also help your party and give you a BIT of pressure as 2h.
I'll make a note somewhere when I finally get around to it.

Grisuu1

Post#14 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Great, thanks. very much for all the tips.

I am mostly interested in SnB anyway, as I will most likely will play him for wb in orvr, maybe a bit in sc‘s for events.

Paxsanarion

Post#15 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Great Info! Thank you all!