Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] PvE setup advice

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Arxonis

[Ironbreaker] PvE setup advice

Post#1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi all,

Going to try my hand at PvE as an ironbreaker (40/59) and i was wondering if i could get some advice, considering the information about the dungeons itself is already rather scarce i rather not burden my group extra (once i finally find one that is newb friendly)

Right now my gear is (these stats are without tactics on purpose)

Right now using:
Vanq Helm, belt, shoulders, chest
Anni gloves and boots (Helm, chest and shoulders in bag)
Genesis fragment, cloak and aspect (remanent in bags)
From winds set Obdurate seal and word breaker band
Subjugator 1h Axe with a blue shield (2h sub hammer in bags)

Last i tried one i also struggled with aggro managnement although that might be done to gear, using grudging blow on single target but wondering if it's not more effective to AoE everything?

As for tactics, i guess menace is a must have (increase hate) and AI for the extra armour?

As for builds just using the "standard" up to shield mastery in stone and up to told ya so in brotherhood.

Any advice so i can start puzzling together a setup would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Ads
Ostabenny

Re: [Ironbreaker] PvE setup advice

Post#2 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:33 pm

I’d try and get more into block and parry. Dodge and disrupt aren’t going to help you much in PvE as most things are just punching you.

Masteries are fine - I’d take earthshatter for the extra aoe which you can use for aggro management. Take the parry buff in middle tree also it’ll help a lot. Otherwise your only tools are grudging blow, menace, taunt, challenge, rune etched axe.

For dungeon advice - Just let the group know early if you haven’t done the fights before, most groups will have someone experienced who will tell you what to do.

Arxonis

Re: [Ironbreaker] PvE setup advice

Post#3 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 am

Ostabenny wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:33 pm I’d try and get more into block and parry. Dodge and disrupt aren’t going to help you much in PvE as most things are just punching you.

Masteries are fine - I’d take earthshatter for the extra aoe which you can use for aggro management. Take the parry buff in middle tree also it’ll help a lot. Otherwise your only tools are grudging blow, menace, taunt, challenge, rune etched axe.

For dungeon advice - Just let the group know early if you haven’t done the fights before, most groups will have someone experienced who will tell you what to do.
Thanks for your input,

I was told that i needed a high amount of init to be crit free for PvE also, guess that isn't fully the case here.
Will try to do some sort of setup, guess i wasn't really missing all that much will look into the parry buff.

As for dungeon groups i always warn before hand as otherwise the group falls apart easily away.