Recent Topics

Ads

Grimnir's Fury is a joke, what would you replace it with if you could?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sombras

Re: Grimnir's Fury is a joke, what would you replace it with if you could?

Post#11 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Cobra81 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:59 am "Rune of Nullification" and "Rune of Sundering" are also a joke.

Orders Skill-distribution, compared to Destros, is overall a joke. But it is like it is atm. But i like to play my Runi :-D
that's a pretty broad statement, easy to nullify this kind of cry with a counterexample. please compare BW with Sorc lol, every 13 point ability for Sorc is a shame.

edit: typo

Ads
Fenris78

Post#12 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Main issue with RP damaging skills is they lack additional effects most of the time : only damage with various forms (Mono DoT - AoE DoT, instant mono - Instant AoE) and that's all.

Every little bit of added CC or debuff effect are hidden behind mastery tactics walls, wich effectively make all attempts of semi-viable DPS build to fail miserably.

Skills distibution, while "thematic", is a complete mess and basically only allow one and unique build available for healing spec.

And even there, utility aspect is nothing compared to WP/DoK classes, even so healing buffs are nice, and mobility not bad at all.

RP could have use of more lifetaps or defensive tactics/options (like Zealot got as Grimnir Fury's counterpart), instead of this redundant, potentially impossible to balance, and currently utterly useless 13 pts skill.

Make it a party buff to synergize with other tactics/skills, like a temporary healing aura channeled from the runi, like a less powerful (but group-centered) Martyr's blessing ?

Or a damaging channeled ability around us, like zealot bump ? Everyone going too close getting damaging tick each second ? As a static ability it could be good but situational, and synergize with the snare tactic on the AoE bump ?
With maybe added debuf like 25% chance to remove one blessing on hit ? Like "I'm staying here, don't get close to me or get damaged and cleansed ?"
Nothing too powerful nor useless, but bringing more tactical options on the table...

Nameless

Post#13 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:00 pm

If they fix it may be sov +2 mastery points will be at any use.
Imo it should be some utility that can be used both for heal and dps builds or some defencing skill but something else than its current form
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Omegus

Post#14 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Cobra81 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:59 am "Rune of Nullification" and "Rune of Sundering" are also a joke.

Orders Skill-distribution, compared to Destros, is overall a joke. But it is like it is atm. But i like to play my Runi :-D
The Zealot's heal debuff tactic (nullification) and aoe punt (sundering) are in the same place as the RP, i.e. 11 points in the left tree and core respectively.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot