Recent Topics

Ads

Patchnotes- Rejoice fellow IB, we got..something

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
romgaard

Patchnotes- Rejoice fellow IB, we got..something

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am

[Iron Breaker]

- Shield Sweep: Grudge cost lowered to 10 grudge and can now hit up to 5 targets.
- Told Ya So: Effect changed to: "Any time you spend Grudge, each group member within 100ft will gain Action Points equivalent to Grudge spent."
- Relentless Training: Effect changed to "After a successful parry, there is a 20% chance your next ability will cost no Action Points. This effect can occur no more than once every 5 seconds."
- Avenging the Debt: Cost increased from 20 to 25 Grudge. Cooldown set to 30 seconds. Effect changed to "Upon spotting a hated foe your rage boils over. You remove all movement impairing effects. For each effect removed, you will regain X health. Your Oath Friend will be affected as well if they’re within 50ft of you.". The health scales with ability level, up to 200 at ability level 40.

Ads
Ramlaen

Re: Patchnotes- Rejoice fellow IB, we got..something

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Told Ya So is now very powerful.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

rillew

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:47 pm

This is certainly a step in the right direction, and it's great that the devs acknowledges that change to IB is needed. But as you imply, this class needs far more significant changes and I hope the devs sees that too.

RORquest

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Now i can joined rolgroms groups ! or copy his meta :lol:

Rydiak

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm

Special thanks to Gondor for these IB buffs.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

zakgrin

Post#6 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:28 pm

- Shield Sweep is still probably a meme haha but you will be able to generate more grudge from it now
- Told Ya So! is stronger now for sure imo. On-demand AP that doesn't require you to hit anything. Depending on what you use, you can squeeze 30-55 AP into that 3 second window.
- Relentless Training is definitely an improvement over what it was. It is a selfish tactic though, and there is no point in running it as Told Ya So! will be instant meta.
- Avenging the Debt is actually usable now lmao. This one I'll have to test out as the patch notes aren't incredibly clear. I read it as you remove snares on yourself and heal you and your oathfriend. Seems kinda situational and selfish, plus it is not clear what the heal will actually be. Either way it least it is an improvement over the abomination it was before.
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!

Acamano

Post#7 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 pm

I was hoping for an aoe KD, but these changes are so much more deep and better thought out. To the devs thank you!!! Seeing new changes for IB is exciting and with these changes it seems to give us much more viability in a city group by allowing us to provide the usual buffs and but nowso with ap pumping action with told ya so.
I am rejoiced at these changes and appreciate the devs giving the IB some attention. I am very excited to now have our decision to spend grudge be more effective at supporting our group.

kmark101

Post#8 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Rejoice for what? That the class finally got touched with the less-risk, no-difference noobish suggestions? Instead of plenty of great suggestion like Zakgrin's thread etc.. zero of those ideas were even considered?

Pretty crap changes overall, core issues were not touched at all: armor meta, weaponskill value, AoE viability, short tiny single target buffs vs. powerful knight auras etc.. instead you can turtle now even more, while noone been hitting you ever anyway cause you don't make any difference.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:09 pm Rejoice for what? That the class finally got touched with the less-risk, no-difference noobish suggestions? Instead of plenty of great suggestion like Zakgrin's thread etc.. zero of those ideas were even considered?

Pretty crap changes overall, core issues were not touched at all: armor meta, weaponskill value, AoE viability, short tiny single target buffs vs. powerful knight auras etc.. instead you can turtle now even more, while noone been hitting you ever anyway cause you don't make any difference.
The changes were pulled directly from the community and I don't think we modified them at all aside from making them slightly stronger than was suggested. Not everyone can have their wishlist fulfilled simultaneously. mememememe
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Gargis

Post#10 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:39 pm

The changes are great, thank you. The IB is now wb viable IMO. In addition, if preconceived it drags non-meta WP Grace and Wrath builds wit it. Brilliant.

The IB can now be an AP battery and effectively reduce the CC break CD by 50% on dps classes w/o charge. It’s even a better story for classes w/charge.

The changes really accentuate the s/b builds which did not hoard grudge for dps, but rather to make the oath friend better, now as well for other group members.

Thank you.