Make heavy blow hit 3 targets

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

Re: Make heavy blow hit 3 targets

Post#31 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Wait ppl use Rune Etched Axe with SnB w/o the punt tactic?

Why waste a GCD to do almost no damage? Unless we're talking about 2h play in wbs?

As stated above, IB isnt taken in wb/city because it is a buffbot with weak buffs compared to Knight. Only thing it has going for it is the almighty and much praised 10% crit buff and 25% parry buff (bringing both of which is rather expensive spec wise until rr 60/70), hell IB's usually skip their own +10% block tactic just to bring both of them because the class is so desperate for buffs that actually matter.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
teiloh

Post#32 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:17 pm I just don't see giving IBs a spammable grudge eating physical aoe attack as any kind of game-breaking issue personally. It's not like Monstrous Rending is getting BGs spots in cities here.
The IB was a pretty solidly designed class before Cave-In got nerfed down to 3 seconds rather than 5. There wasn't this expectation of AOE hitting 24+ people.

Right now, it seems like every balance request centers around a class' lack of AOE. rSW, rSH, WE and WH all have this same problem.

I think something has to be done about AOE. I'd prefer uncapping it honestly but adding fall-off zones.

ChicagoJoe

Post#33 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Kinda embarrassing that Avenging the Debt hasn't been addressed as probably the worst remaining skill in the game before all the buffs to already viable classes.

How can destro tanks get so many good skills mirrored from order and ib's not get that corrected?

Look at ANY other tanks middle (shield) skill and they are all usable. Looking at the class mod history over the last few days and it really looks one sided. No wonder order is getting stomped in cities.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

xanderous

Post#34 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:51 am

romgaard wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 pm
xanderous wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:29 pm BG is more of selfish tank, gets lots of good tactics for himself like increased parry, disrupt, toughness, the only thing it really has to support beyond basic tank role is crimson death and furious howl, damage absorb is not too bad either but its pretty comparable to sm/borc absorb capability. IB has the ability to provide himself and oathfriend with increased crit and parry which has no CD and a really good aoe knockback that also snares ontop of the existing aoe snare from earthshatter and lets not forget that his rune etched ace can ignore 100% armor at full grudge, which BG monstrous rending does not.
Nobody runs with a build like that
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=3766&t=
I did not post a build, no idea what your talking about.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

romgaard

Post#35 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 am

xanderous wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:29 pm ......IB has the ability to provide himself and oathfriend with increased crit and parry which has no CD and a really good aoe knockback that also snares ontop of the existing aoe snare from earthshatter and lets not forget that his rune etched ace can ignore 100% armor at full grudge, which BG monstrous rending does not.
u posted a build right there...its crap, but u posted it...unless you were just ( like a lot of others) just posting the best abilities from IB and say" look, they are fine...see how powerfull they are"

Boursk

Post#36 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:23 am

No.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

xanderous

Post#37 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

romgaard wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 am
xanderous wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:29 pm ......IB has the ability to provide himself and oathfriend with increased crit and parry which has no CD and a really good aoe knockback that also snares ontop of the existing aoe snare from earthshatter and lets not forget that his rune etched ace can ignore 100% armor at full grudge, which BG monstrous rending does not.
u posted a build right there...its crap, but u posted it...unless you were just ( like a lot of others) just posting the best abilities from IB and say" look, they are fine...see how powerfull they are"
yeah thats not me posting a build, though you can certainly use those those abilities and tactic for rune etched axe in one and it would be fine, defiently not crap, heres a typical example of one i would use for roaming in a group, you can swap out ancestral inheritance for punishing knock when no HD in a group or when doing sc's.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3763,3761
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

romgaard

Post#38 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:18 am

xanderous wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am
yeah thats not me posting a build, though you can certainly use those those abilities and tactic for rune etched axe in one and it would be fine, defiently not crap, heres a typical example of one i would use for roaming in a group, you can swap out ancestral inheritance for punishing knock when no HD in a group or when doing sc's.
As Count correct stated:
"As stated above, IB isnt taken in wb/city because it is a buffbot with weak buffs compared to Knight. Only thing it has going for it is the almighty and much praised 10% crit buff and 25% parry buff (bringing both of which is rather expensive spec wise until rr 60/70), hell IB's usually skip their own +10% block tactic just to bring both of them because the class is so desperate for buffs that actually matter."

What are you trying to achive with that build?..some attempt to make a dps SnB?

Ads
xanderous

Post#39 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:41 am

romgaard wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:18 am
xanderous wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 am

"As stated above, IB isnt taken in wb/city because it is a buffbot with weak buffs compared to Knight. Only thing it has going for it is the almighty and much praised 10% crit buff and 25% parry buff

What are you trying to achive with that build?..some attempt to make a dps SnB?
The reason SM/knight gets picked over IB is because knight has auras + stay focused crit increaser that not only effects critical hit but critical healing as well and SM has CD reduction, giving IB more aoe dps would not change anything for them.

Well you achieve the role of a tank which is that of being a support class, I don't know why you would care about IB doing aoe dps when dwarfs have the best aoe damage MDPS in the game, i don' t think you want to play an IB, i think you want to play a slayer :lol:
Last edited by xanderous on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Likeaboss

Post#40 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:46 am

teiloh wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:20 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:17 pm I just don't see giving IBs a spammable grudge eating physical aoe attack as any kind of game-breaking issue personally. It's not like Monstrous Rending is getting BGs spots in cities here.
The IB was a pretty solidly designed class before Cave-In got nerfed down to 3 seconds rather than 5...
Cave-In never was a 5s KD, always 3s... The dot tics for 5s ;) same back on live.
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.