Recent Topics

Ads

IB Tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kauyon1

IB Tactics

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Maybe I missed something. But my tactics on the IB and the IB only are completely borked.

Log on, they are blank. Change instances, it defaults to no tactics even if showing them on the bar.
Every zone/instance change I have to switch the tactics bar to set in working Tactics.

Asked in /advice, the few that answered said that this was just IB life now.

Is there something up with my settings? Or is this a known IB bug?

Ads
Gorfhag

Re: IB Tactics

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Yep, been reported several times already. I doubt BG has same problem. I feel like Im gonna give up on playing my main IB as keep remember switching my tactic presets everytime I change zone is pretty dumb. ON the top of that IB is just weker in every aspect compared to his mirror BG it seems. WTT 70ft GB punt for 30ft IB one....

funnytroll

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Yep,have same problem since march
Only IB have this bug.You can check https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15857 this post.May be the reason why not fixed yet cause topic have label could not reproduce.

kauyon1

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Gorfhag wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 pm Yep, been reported several times already. I doubt BG has same problem. I feel like Im gonna give up on playing my main IB as keep remember switching my tactic presets everytime I change zone is pretty dumb. ON the top of that IB is just weker in every aspect compared to his mirror BG it seems. WTT 70ft GB punt for 30ft IB one....
BG does not have the same problem for my account.

kauyon1

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm

funnytroll wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:37 pm Yep,have same problem since march
Only IB have this bug.You can check https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15857 this post.May be the reason why not fixed yet cause topic have label could not reproduce.
So, Devs don't play IB, so not an issue. Got it.

One IB told me to just empty my first tactic bar so you are always reminded to change the bar.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 pm

I havent played my IB much recently but I have not noticed this. I run straight Vanq atm and I am bringing Shield mastery, AI, Punishing Knock, and toughness tactics.

Maybe it has to do with set piece bonus to mastery points or only certain tactics?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

kauyon1

Post#7 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Log on to your IB, do you have any tactics showing when you first log on?

I can't see it being a set peice, but went naked, and relogged, same.

Kaelang

Post#8 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm

kauyon1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm
Not true.

It's a legacy issue - and everytime I've been on dev trying to replicate it, I can't. Other devs have also been on dev trying to find causation, but we can't find a reason. Without a reason, we can't get a fix.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
zakgrin

Post#9 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm
kauyon1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm
Not true.

It's a legacy issue - and everytime I've been on dev trying to replicate it, I can't. Other devs have also been on dev trying to find causation, but we can't find a reason. Without a reason, we can't get a fix.
It might help the process if the devs posted pictures/video/steps of what they are doing to reproduce the issue in that github thread. I have talked with many many IBs and it appears to be a universal issue. The bug has existed for way longer than when I initially put up the bug report in March among other IB bug reports that I am still working on. I think if the players and devs collab we probably can get to the root cause quicker, and I will personally offer my time to help test whatever, as it is pretty game breaking (particularly for those IBs that don't realize this bug exists).

For the IBs in this thread there are a couple of issues related to whatever is happening. One issue is that upon logging in you have to re-apply/re-click your tactic 1 bar to get the tactics to re-apply. The deceptive issue is that your 4th tactic slot will not work upon loading into a new zone/city/sc until you reapply your tactics bar or that tactic specifically (I suggest using a tactic that can be verified in your character menu to double check it is working such as Rugged, Ancestral Inheritance, etc.).

A second issue which is likely related is that if you change anything related to your gear (swap out weapon/armor) it will bork your tactic bar. For me it adds the Long-Held Grudge tactic in place of whatever I had in the 4th tactic slot, but the Long-Held Grudge tactic is moved to occupy the 1st tactic slot.
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!

nuadarstark

Post#10 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am

I find it ridiculous that devs can't seem to replicate an issue most IBs I know are complaining about constantly.

I guess weekly SW nerfs have heigher priority.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov