Recent Topics

Ads

Some Love for my IB (and BG) Homies

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jvlosky

Some Love for my IB (and BG) Homies

Post#1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:21 pm

After some inspection it seems that IB isn't as desirable in end game cities as other tanks due to their lack of aoe buffs and debuffs, their oathfriend beind the sole benefactor of what they bring to the table albeit strong it doesn't bring to the table what other tanks can potentially can and I don't like seeing my IB homies be squeezed out.

So... I propose one simple change that would incentivize IB to be a backline striker along with their melee guard fitting into their current role but providing some key tools to the wb at the same time.

Change the Punishing Knock tactic to affect Rune-Etched Axe instead with a 10s debuff applied to all targets hit. This alone would provide a great utility to IB and help solidify their role in supporting hard hitting melee especially into the backline.

Thoughts?

(I also believe the destro counterpart for BG ability would/should get the same treatment, I hear they are hurting for love as well. Make the Soul Killer Tactic affect Monstrous Rending instead.)
Last edited by jvlosky on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: Some Love for my IB (and BG) Homies

Post#2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:41 pm

You know dps RP/Zealot had AoE healing debuff?
And you know what has happened to it? Why do you think your class needs more love than dps RP/Zealot? ;)

jvlosky

Post#3 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:49 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:41 pm You know dps RP/Zealot had AoE healing debuff?
And you know what has happened to it? Why do you think your class needs more love than dps RP/Zealot? ;)
I mean RP is arguably one of the best healers, same for Zealot. Everyone usually wants a DoK + Zealot or WP + RP in their 6 man. I would say in terms of desireability RP and Zealot aren't hurting at all especially with the power of the barrier/shield builds going of for them.

I understand that you can't DPS well on those classes, but that isn't to say you wont find a spot on them. For IB and BG I would say they have a different story.

M0rw47h

Post#4 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Do you think people who rolled dps RP/Zealot when they were viable utility DPS for warband play really want to heal others?

jvlosky

Post#5 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:24 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 pm Do you think people who rolled dps RP/Zealot when they were viable utility DPS for warband play really want to heal others?
No that would suck, I was just pointing out some love for IB and BG. Wasn't like directed at you in a mean way or I wasn't trying to have underlying tones of 'and **** dps RP/Zealot' if you took it that way.

Ramlaen

Post#6 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:27 pm

Rune Etched Axe with Powered Etchings is powerful when used correctly, perhaps attach the outgoing heal debuff to Shield Sweep instead.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

jvlosky

Post#7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:27 pm Rune Etched Axe with Powered Etchings is powerful when used correctly, perhaps attach the outgoing heal debuff to Shield Sweep instead.
interesting idea, tying it to the shield.

Stophy22

Post#8 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:22 pm

So, BG player here, I'd say AOE slow is super underrated utility. An aoe heal debuff is kinda overkill so that needs to be rethought.

I'm not saying IB doesn't need any love but I play BG as my main at RR81 currently and I enjoy it as I have a spec for literally any form of content
-aoe slow crimson death for cities
-self heal 4xparry for duels
-no detaunt, hdbuff for healer killing

I'm not saying im perfect but I feel satisfied as a BG main. Now I see a lot of these ironbreaker threads lately and just by looking at your tree in RoR builder you have

-the aoe slow so you have a WB spec. (as well as an aoe KB slow, which if used right can be pretty good - don't chinese hero it up)
-Self healing duel build

The only thing missing is your kinda healer harasser which is tied to SnB on ur KD in mid tree tactic.

You don't have monstro rending which is just spammable aoe fluff (makes it look like BG does big dammy in cities) and you don't have Crimson death, which is really good but kinda defined BG's 2hand spec, so to mirror that would be insulting. Combined with wounds debuff it feels nice to believe ur aoe fluff is doing something important.

Now talking out of my ass cause I know jack about IB I don't think that because you lose crimson death it makes it so you aren't viable, still have armor debuff, more dots than BG, 10 second root m1, and a lot of things that I see could be fun to play with. Armor tactic and anti CC tactic makes me drool as well haha.

It seems like ironbreaker has more singletarget abilities that stand out, so if the desire is to have more AOE utility, maybe you're just not using single target utility effectively? Or maybe you actually do need more aoe utility. I honestly can't say but the main point is the fact that you have AOE slow, you should have a spot in any warband because that **** is very good and can make it so the enemy cant position correctly or make it so they have trouble kiting to a desirable location. It's not huge numbers, its not a bunch of DB's but you wouldn't pick a tank to play if you wanted those things, logically.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:44 am

jvlosky wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:21 pm Change the Punishing Knock tactic to affect Rune-Etched Axe instead with a 10s debuff applied to all targets hit. This alone would provide a great utility to IB and help solidify their role in supporting hard hitting melee especially into the backline.

Thoughts?

(I also believe the destro counterpart for BG ability would/should get the same treatment, I hear they are hurting for love as well. Make the Soul Killer Tactic affect Monstrous Rending instead.)

So, let me get this straight...

You want to give Ironbreakers the equivalent of Crippling Strikes, which the devs found to be way too overpowered on Chosen so they first nerfed it - and then subsequently removed it entirely from the game...

Yea, I like playing my IB, but just don't ever see that happening...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

hammerhead

Post#10 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 am

Of course, what you offer is a very powerful change and will never happen. But IB really needs some kind of soft control. This could be a 50% AA reduction for 5 seconds, tied to a runic axe and long-reach tactics. Although for a tank that specializes in backline raids, I would prefer a disorient, but then we will compete with the engineer.
(\|)o0(|/)