Recent Topics

Ads

[ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mathousalix6

[ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Post#1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 pm

So I am a dots+aoe engineer and I have the full vanquisher set. Whenever I have to deal with a 1v1 situation I am always losing. Before I even build the dots on my target I have died, even from a lower geared Chosen. Is it normal to lose from everyone like that? Do I have to switch to snipe build to win in such conditions?

(As for WE... I am oneshot for them)

Ads
Tillbeast

Re: [ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Post#2 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:39 am

Solo engi is much better in defensive gear. Oppressor set I think it is called. You need to have the toughness/hit points to survive long enough for your dots to work.

mytreds

Post#3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:43 am

What is your build? How much wounds and armor are you running? What weapons do you have?

Regardless of those answers to my questions, a magnet engie is the best chance you have to 1v1. Grenadiers and snipers need to stay back and do damage from distance. You are ranged dps, not a WH, WL, or slayer. Mag engines use flame turret, lightning rod, mines, friction burn, blunderbuss, etc etc to do damage from close range.

Aside- Are we the only class to hold a melee weapon and have only two abilities that use it?

Draugris

Post#4 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:27 am

mathousalix6 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:32 pm So I am a dots+aoe engineer and I have the full vanquisher set. Whenever I have to deal with a 1v1 situation I am always losing. Before I even build the dots on my target I have died, even from a lower geared Chosen. Is it normal to lose from everyone like that? Do I have to switch to snipe build to win in such conditions?

(As for WE... I am oneshot for them)
If you don´t have the gear and build for it I would avoid 1v1 situations, especially with 2h Tanks, they dish out way too much damage for the survivability they still have. I usually Land Mine and run.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

StrongUn

Post#5 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:27 am

Engies outside walls are easy mobs

mathousalix6

Post#6 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you very much for your answers everyone. I am understanding that this class is not meant for 1v1 except if you have a very specific build. I was starting to get confused because I was thinking that I am a dps role but I can't melt down a single target when they are attacking me

TreefAM

Post#7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:44 am

Most dps classes fall short in their 1v1 even with their solo builds.

Starx

Post#8 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am

Engineer is probably one of the best solo classes in the game, sure it's not the complete package like DPS AM but neither is any other class (and that includes DPS Sham bc their HD sucks **** and they are missing a high dmg dot).

I guess the first question for your OP is do you have A and D bound to strafe left and right? Because your success in soloing on any ranged class is always going to fall on your ability to kite. And as engineer you can kite every single class on destro besides MSH. And you have a favorable matchup against every single ranged class on destro besides DPS Sham.

Also you dont need to build tanky at all, thats just a horrible meme that everyone that knows what they are doing laughs at. Bunker engineer/magus is the most useless crap ever made for people that cant kite or have brain damage.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#9 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:32 am

Starx wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am I guess the first question for your OP is do you have A and D bound to strafe left and right? Because your success in soloing on any ranged class is always going to fall on your ability to kite. And as engineer you can kite every single class on destro besides MSH. And you have a favorable matchup against every single ranged class on destro besides DPS Sham.
99 % of engineers I face solo on my BO turret up and lose. A few of them seem to run some regen/bunker build and survive a bit longer but the avarage ones die in under 10 seconds. The few engineers that actually kite I never catch for any meaningful dmg.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

mathousalix6

Post#10 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:10 pm

I found out that running around kiting and placing land mines is better if you want to survive. But this still doesn't win the 1v1 , you will either die if you stay near your turret or start running away every time