Recent Topics

Ads

improvements for ironbreaker?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
romgaard

improvements for ironbreaker?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:47 pm

Not asking for huge buffs, just small stuff so we can fell like a part of the warband :-)

They fixed shadowwarriors ( or so it seems), Squig herders will be next...any chance that ironbreakers will be the next?

Ads
furiesenvy

Re: improvements for ironbreaker?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:08 pm

I main an IB, Sword and shield, and i run RvR/City mostly. Not sure what problem you are referring to.
Last edited by furiesenvy on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celyt

Post#3 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Just to state, ibs are in a good spot, you just need to rework state, skills and gameplay a bit and you'll see it shine

romgaard

Post#4 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:30 am

really..IB is in a good spot?...
to quote another brother:
" IBs barely have any AoE. All of their buffs and debuffs are single target and have not been tweaked in a very long time. Some single target buffs are worse or equivalent to Knight Aura's that span the entire party. As far as cities go an S&B IB will have to manage a lot: following dps around so they don't die, smacking dps/healers with debuffs (especially punishing knock + kneecapper) when you have the chance, and constantly spreading oathfriend around the warband to give as many people your buffs as possible (the best buffs only last 10 seconds...). A 2h IB is a blast to play, can do decent damage, and does very well in small scale, but shouldn't see the same numbers as an equivalently geared BO or SM."

and can i point you toward the 9 pages long thread about Ironbreaker warband improvements:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=38077

Fey

Post#5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:32 am

Barely any aoe: rune-etched axe, shield swipe, earthshatter.

Just give it up IB whiners. Ranged squig, wh/we are ahead of you in line. Frankly you ain't in line cause you just fine. Learn to play already, these threads are just embarrassing.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

hammerhead

Post#6 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:50 am

Fey wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:32 am Barely any aoe: rune-etched axe, shield swipe, earthshatter.
It is such an AOE that my SM in a full defftard build do what my IB in full glass build cant do (apart from healing).
Fey wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:32 am Learn to play already
Said the squig owner with the lowest skillcap requirement.

upd. Dear IB, stop producing such topics. Stop feeding everyone your complaints. Nothing will change for us. Your destiny is pug and rare runs on sc.
(\|)o0(|/)

Fey

Post#7 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:12 am

I heal always cause no one else does. I really miss squig. It's been months since I played squig.

Sad now that greenskin group is fully castrated. They took away our procs, now they've **** on morale pump. Ironic because greenskins lack genitals.
Of what use now is AM or Shaman in city? The answer is none.

Sometimes I get to tank , but 95% of my playtime is on a healer. 2 rank 80 healers is just a sad embarrassment.

IB is a boss, if you can't see it Im I'll equipped to show you.

If you think I'm just a destro fanboi, who cares? This **** isn't about old Domo.

All the same I'mm working on getting every order toon to 40/40. I have 7/12 done, altoholics unite!
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:19 am

I dont see why ib would need any buffs. Awesome crit tactic. Awesome tools. Awesome tankiness. Selfheal. Awesome debuffs and buffs (25% more parry!). Earthshatter, outgoing hdb, punt and knockdown. Hes a dwarf. His armor looks amazing.

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#9 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:15 am

90% of the IB population on this server has no idea what they're doing. That thread filled with complaints deriving from playing in pug scs and zerg riding, warped by extreme bias and lack of knowledge is the ultimate proof of it.

A class that has a KD, single target punt, 25% parry buff + 10% crit buff, almost immune to both snares and KDs, 1k+ armor debuff, aoe snare, 20% crit debuff and an unlimited AP window for your oathfriend in one build is the last thing that needs buffs.

I play my IB in both 6v6 and Cities.

Ontop of the absolute **** of utility the class brings, it has great assist damage onpar with that of 2h BG and BOs for cities. Axe Slam being the cherry on top. Because you can't stack the class doesn't mean IBs aren't strong in WBs. BGs are in the same situation, you take one and that's it. The same way you only take 1 IB for your MA Slayer and that's it.

Sure, they might not have the damage of a SM or a BO in 6v6 but neither of those classes bring as much utility (especially BOs) nor have a single target punt. Or the ridicolously strong Snare/KD tactics.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

hammerhead

Post#10 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:49 am

Even my humble, non-native English is enough to understand the meaning of the topic. But it is good that we now know the percentage of players who are satisfied with everything,though it’s not clear how this relates to the state of the class as a whole. It is interesting that in each topic people list the "advantages" of IB as a mantra. Although of the unique, he has only a parry/ini buff in the worst of the all three mastery.

upd. the worst mastery in the whole game
(\|)o0(|/)