Recent Topics

Ads

improvements for ironbreaker?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Warstrong
Banned

Re: improvements for ironbreaker?

Post#41 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:40 pm

Do you really think you will have support on this? 101% of the answers above are from players who play at Dest or who do not want to see IB taking any improvement course.

I already played with all tanks Dest/Order, I equipped at least to invade in each one and by far the IB is the one that was most forgotten in time.

Ads
Cabum

Post#42 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:23 am

Well, at least they dont look feminine (SM's) or like peacocks (knights). we got that going for us, which is nice...

romgaard

Post#43 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:26 am

I see that derailing threads, that calls for improvements for other classes are still a thing.
And can only laugh at those replies that list all of the good Ib abilities, without realising that a build with all of those is impossible...

It is mindboggeling to me, why there should be pots that increase armor and toughness way more than an abilitybuff.
And why Auras buff abilities on the same level as singletarget buffs

Bloodlet

Post#44 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:25 pm

Here's a suggestion I am not sure I have seen before. What if sort of like how engineer gains buffs the longer they stay near their turret there was something like that for IB based on grudge?

I realize that some skills already improve in potency based on grudge but what if for every 10 or 20 grudge there was a global buff to the duration of the effects or even a multiplier to the effects of the individual skill buffs. Mainly duration though.

For example maybe every 10 or 20 grudge gives you +100% duration which would translate into a 20 second buff now having a potential duration up to a maximum of 100 to 200 seconds. To me this seems like it would make it easier to keep buff uptime on multiple allies and make the playstyle less like playing a piano and it would still fall into the theme of the IB getting stronger the longer he fought.
Last edited by Bloodlet on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmark101

Post#45 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 pm

That idea would be great, but it still would not justify any wb spot for the class. To achieve that, you need something unique that is not present on other classes. This leads me to the following thinking: knight and SM supports caster dps both with buffs and debuffs, while IB supports mostly melee dps with their buffs - but their debuffs are completely missing.

So what if, for example, Rune Etched Axe (point blank low damage AoE skill that can be blocked/parried) would receive an AoE melee autoattack speed debuff, that would increase by 6% every 20 grudge, so it would debuff destro mdps autoattack speed by 6% at 20 grudge and up to 30% at 100 grudge. Since the skill can be easily blocked/parried, the IB would need good position to land it. This would fit perfectly into the theme and playstyle as melee focused buffer - and now - debuffer.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

TreefAM

Post#46 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 pm

That sounds like a cool idea Gryyw, but is decreasing auto attack speed even worth it.
Like for example, blackguards have a tactic called crush vitality, that gives them a 25% chance on hit to lower the targets aa speed by 20% for 10sec.
But I generally feel that the tactic is absolutely useless.
I even tried running it with a overstacked defensive gear build instead of rugged in my usual 2h spec and it seems like it's not worth it.
Wouldn't IBs want something more useful as an aoe debuff?

kmark101

Post#47 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:31 am

TreefAM wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 pm That sounds like a cool idea Gryyw, but is decreasing auto attack speed even worth it.
Like for example, blackguards have a tactic called crush vitality, that gives them a 25% chance on hit to lower the targets aa speed by 20% for 10sec.
But I generally feel that the tactic is absolutely useless.
I even tried running it with a overstacked defensive gear build instead of rugged in my usual 2h spec and it seems like it's not worth it.
Wouldn't IBs want something more useful as an aoe debuff?

I'm not sure, was just an idea. The actual % value can have huge impact as well (so maybe 30% is too high or too low to noticable effect), so as the duration / being AoE. AA is a big portion of mdps damage both small and large scale, have an effect on the assist train as well. Recent gear sets have additional AA % as bonus, this debuff could negate them and even turn them backwards.

Also, this could be one of the few changes/tweaks, a previous, recent IB thread had a couple really good suggestions and ideas as well from many people who play IB as their main for a long time. My favorites in that general discussion was around more effective armor debuff/bypass related ideas and how to turn pve tank skills (like whole middle tree) into useful.. also in the form of some aoe dps skill/inrease that could be used freely, like every single other tank class has one so they can do at least some wb damage.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

hammerhead

Post#48 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:09 am

I would try to do everything most simply and not over complicate. And without that you have to click a lot in the opportunity window. A couple of thoughts from my head

Long Reach - All that plus to add before - reduces the cooldawn of the Rune-Etched Axe by 5 and Shield Sweep by 10 seconds, respectively.

Told Ya So! - Reduces the cost of Grudge for the Brotherhood tree by 5. And "Watch An 'Learn" becomes "Watch and yearn." An angry roar inflicting xxx damage and decreasing WS on all affected targets within a radius of 30ft.

Stubborn As Stone - Leave part with buff and rewrite second part
Each time one of your group matte is attacked, the attackers Elemental resist decrease by xxx for the next 15 seconds.
// This should work well with RP

Furious Reprisal - Increases the Shield of Reprisal knockdown time by 1 second and the length of the knockback ability of Away With Ye with than above 50 Grudges.

Ancestor's Fury - Remove strength buff, add AA haste. (It’s a good idea to add a melee power but it breaks the general rules, it seems to me).

Oathstone (enchantment / blessing) - Remove the part about the guaranteed block. The next 10 seconds, every time you block, you reflect part of the damage and reduce by 40 action points to the one who caused it.

Avenging the Debt - Add, Reduces Ballistics and Strength by xx. The effect stacks three times.
//The last two points can be swapped.

Yes, and forgot! Overprotective - add to everything with the same chance a speed buff for the Oath friend by 20%
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Shapechanger

Post#49 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am

Im not actively playing this server, I came here out of curiosity when I heard there was an emulator today...

I can tell you Ironbreakers were never designed to attack AoE originally.

I was the first non-Mythic employee into Alpha testing in the original Warhammer, and the Ironbreaker was the class I was responsible for as Lead (though they weren't official Lead positions like in DAoC, until Live, then we were given a special testing group with access to different devtools to speed up testing), having had a lot of talks with it's designers about the classes design concept and intentions. Much of the class was changed around the feedback I gave early on, although it's strength in stacking DoTs target to target was altered. It was the funnest mechanic with the IB at the time, before I began taking on more classes as Lead.

So I can tell you, than AoE damage was never the focus or concept of the IB. It's nature was to focus on one enemy to oblivion, and to soak up damage meant for it's group. This class was powerfun as all heck given the right setup, and it came out into beta and later live, very well balanced with a clear design purpose. Just work with your setup more to focus on what you do best, rather than trying to succeed out of specialty.

hammerhead

Post#50 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 am

Shapechanger wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 am Im not actively playing this server, I came here out of curiosity when I heard there was an emulator today...

I can tell you Ironbreakers were never designed to attack AoE originally.
This should be read like this - Ironbreakers were never designed for 24 aoe cap.
(\|)o0(|/)