Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker warband improvements

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
hammerhead

Re: Ironbreaker warband improvements

Post#21 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:05 pm Good thing it's not 6 GCDs but 3. Oathbound, Stubborn as Stone, Ancestor's Fury. Toughness, Armor and Willpower are only rarely used for obvious reasons. Besides that, it's not like warband IBs are starved for GCDs considering the core rotation is made up of 3 buffs only with the occasional Eartshatter, Kneecapper, Watch n Learn or Runic Shield depending on the build.

The answer is 100. There's no possible way to dip below 100 for more than a couple seconds after refreshing buffs in Warband play. Even with Grumble n Mutter active, you and your oathfriend will have between 10 to 16 sources of damage giving you grudges constantly.
In the open field, no one has problems, there naturally everything rests on the organization and not on micromanagement of abilities.
But even under 24x24 this is not true. And regular rotation always includes Kneecapper/Runic Shield/Oathbound/Watch n Learn/Stubborn as Stone/Ancestor's Fury which leaves you neither the time nor the resource to insert Stone Breaker/Cave-In/Earthshatter on its full force.
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:05 pm No, i never defended the 24 man Dire Shielding cap. I defended the finally fixed Ability + Tactic, which was being targeted by puglords complaining about getting 77 damage, unguarded and without healers while spamming RoF on a 200+ Blob in a fort. Big difference.
And no one there objected to fixing a broken ability. They were outraged by the disproportionate amount of damage from the fact that BW spamming the RoF on blob in 200+ people. Which he should do.
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:05 pm I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say with that sentence. Something about auras. And yes, i am calling these l2p issues because it's exactly from what most of these suggestions stem from.
I don’t want any fixes. l2p or not, it's easy to check by returning everything as it was. Let Kobs have his Runfang/Shatter Confidence. Remove everything that was done for Borc, BG. Return all old mechanics including one working aura at a time. And then everything will be fine with IB.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#22 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:07 pm

Charon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm I was wondering when this thread will be strike by people that argue that ib is fine and rest of the rvr world are fill only by bunch of idiots.

I don’t expect that ideas posted here will be 100% accurate - its simple brain storming - but your claim that wb ib is super fine bc its single target buffs - i don’t know its stupidity or clear attempt to troll whole idea to balance stone path and wb shield spec.

and my dear destro forum warriors
your legendary small scale Ib with all his buffs is losing any kind of contest with both sm and knight for most effective/ideal/BiS 2-2-2 party setups (sc format).

Obvious choices
can Ib take main spot as snb tank - no knight is better
can Ib take main spot as a 2h assist tank - is it joke
Less obvious choices
can Ib take 2h support role - no 2h knight is better and even def 2h sm especially now with access to sov spec migh be better

Now add here that ib is even less viable in wb.

To compare IB with BG. Yes destro mirror wb functionality is mostly limited to use CD and HD but at least BG have something like that which not only benefits his group but all wb (and his personal utilities support it survivability), when IB is limited to be a mediocre carrier for slayers only (SM with WW is better)
So, you've basically ignored the entire part where i've said IB need some things changed and the suggestions i have given to immediatly use an ad-hominem attack (Which is wrong btw, since i've always had an IB i use for 6v6 which is currently being geared to Warlord)

I won't bother replying to your every point because i know it's an excercise in futility, but i will reply to one point specifically (which you obviously lay down with no rationale or argument to back it up)
Charon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm your legendary small scale Ib with all his buffs is losing any kind of contest with both sm and knight for most effective/ideal/BiS 2-2-2 party setups (sc format).
While a knight is pretty much a must have in every situation (RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun), the second spot is open for either SM and IB. Both Kotb/SM and Kotb/IB are extremely competitive setups, with some dps classes working better with certain tanks.

Using the main 6v6 comps as examples:

aSW/WL works better with Whispering Wind due to Brutal Assault spam. WLs also have Force of Opportunity and the comp can easily burst down any target they want even if the target gets guard-switched, they can finish the job.

Double Slayer mostly relies around drawing out defensive cooldowns and then punishing the enemy when they have none left, which is easier to do with double punt. They also lack an armor debuff, making IB the only choice. A runepriest with Concussive Runes is also used frequently in this comp to make a dps reach basically 0 armor in conjunction with Stonebreaker and Demolishing Strike. (2800+ armor debuff combined). Additionally, both slayers will ignore 10/20% armor because of Overwhelm, effectively making even the tankier targets have no armor.

WL/WH works with either. The comps is built around engaging, bursting a target down in a couple GCDs and disengaging to repeat the process as soon as possible. Most of the time, tanks won't even have the time to switch guard as one will be punted and the other KD or also punted. By the time the tanks are able to switch guard the target will be dead.
Charon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm Pls people try to be supportive and don't derail whole idea
If you want other people to be supportive of your ideas, then provide better arguments than "pls buff my class".
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ramlaen

Post#23 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:24 pm

zakgrin wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:28 amSome interesting thoughts, although the Shield Sweep changes seem like they'd be extremely unlikely. I don't see the devs adding another morale drain like ability to the game. It would probably have to be at where Oathstone is now instead of Avenging the Debt. Where would you propose oath of vengeance go. Probably would need to be moved as that would be strong.
How about this;

Swap Avenging the Debt and Shield Sweep as core and mastery abilities in Path of Stone.

Swap the positions of Shield Sweep and Oathstone in Path of Stone.

Remove the cap on number of enemies hit by Shield Sweep, but also remove its ability to generate grudge. Change the damage to a big 5 second DoT and have it increase the targets chance of being crit on by 10% for 5 seconds.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Thu May 07, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ramlaen

Post#24 » Thu May 07, 2020 3:40 pm

A way to buff Oathstone would be to have it reflect its damage to your offensive target instead of the blocked attacker.
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Charon

Post#25 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Spoiler:
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:07 pm
Charon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm I was wondering when this thread will be strike by people that argue that ib is fine and rest of the rvr world are fill only by bunch of idiots.

I don’t expect that ideas posted here will be 100% accurate - its simple brain storming - but your claim that wb ib is super fine bc its single target buffs - i don’t know its stupidity or clear attempt to troll whole idea to balance stone path and wb shield spec.

and my dear destro forum warriors
your legendary small scale Ib with all his buffs is losing any kind of contest with both sm and knight for most effective/ideal/BiS 2-2-2 party setups (sc format).

Obvious choices
can Ib take main spot as snb tank - no knight is better
can Ib take main spot as a 2h assist tank - is it joke
Less obvious choices
can Ib take 2h support role - no 2h knight is better and even def 2h sm especially now with access to sov spec migh be better

Now add here that ib is even less viable in wb.

To compare IB with BG. Yes destro mirror wb functionality is mostly limited to use CD and HD but at least BG have something like that which not only benefits his group but all wb (and his personal utilities support it survivability), when IB is limited to be a mediocre carrier for slayers only (SM with WW is better)
So, you've basically ignored the entire part where i've said IB need some things changed and the suggestions i have given to immediatly use an ad-hominem attack (Which is wrong btw, since i've always had an IB i use for 6v6 which is currently being geared to Warlord)

I won't bother replying to your every point because i know it's an excercise in futility, but i will reply to one point specifically (which you obviously lay down with no rationale or argument to back it up)
Charon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm your legendary small scale Ib with all his buffs is losing any kind of contest with both sm and knight for most effective/ideal/BiS 2-2-2 party setups (sc format).
While a knight is pretty much a must have in every situation (RoR.builders - Knight of the Blazing Sun), the second spot is open for either SM and IB. Both Kotb/SM and Kotb/IB are extremely competitive setups, with some dps classes working better with certain tanks.

Using the main 6v6 comps as examples:

aSW/WL works better with Whispering Wind due to Brutal Assault spam. WLs also have Force of Opportunity and the comp can easily burst down any target they want even if the target gets guard-switched, they can finish the job.

Double Slayer mostly relies around drawing out defensive cooldowns and then punishing the enemy when they have none left, which is easier to do with double punt. They also lack an armor debuff, making IB the only choice. A runepriest with Concussive Runes is also used frequently in this comp to make a dps reach basically 0 armor in conjunction with Stonebreaker and Demolishing Strike. (2800+ armor debuff combined). Additionally, both slayers will ignore 10/20% armor because of Overwhelm, effectively making even the tankier targets have no armor.

WL/WH works with either. The comps is built around engaging, bursting a target down in a couple GCDs and disengaging to repeat the process as soon as possible. Most of the time, tanks won't even have the time to switch guard as one will be punted and the other KD or also punted. By the time the tanks are able to switch guard the target will be dead.
Charon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:16 pm Pls people try to be supportive and don't derail whole idea
If you want other people to be supportive of your ideas, then provide better arguments than "pls buff my class".
1. Why do you think i'm referring only to you? Aren’t you oversensitive a bit?
2. This thread is not about small scale Ib pls don’t change subject. My examples where posted only to prove that benefits of using Ib even in his main role as a small scale tank might be let’s say "controversial" and should not be taken as something that might prevent changes in other aspects of IB play. Of course there are different party compositions, spices, tactics and combos. Second st punt and sometimes armor debuff might be useful (at the end there are many ways how to achieve main goal so kill the enemies). But even so you just proved my words IB is mostly slayer carrier. Is that all what IB should be – struggle to be a 2 choice??
3. Read correctly what i wrote in my first post - IB never was my class In fact I left him when i realized what I can really achieve by playing this class. I just support idea that may improve char which is important to whole realm and for years was left abandoned by devs….. God know why. So sorry mate but you miss.
Last edited by Charon on Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

jbrutal

Post#26 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:24 pm

there you have it guys IB is fine l2p from the destros

they just need some debuffs :lol:

jbrutal

Post#27 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:56 pm

ohh i found it!! was watching Secrets stream like week ago and he says this about IB tank
''worse tank by far''

https://clips.twitch.tv/PreciousAcceptableHumanArgieB8

Ramlaen

Post#28 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Got another one;

Shield of Reprisal now increases the targets cooldowns by 5 seconds for 5 seconds instead of knocking them down.

Furious Reprisal now makes Shield Sweep knock down targets for 3 seconds. Change the name to fit the changed ability it works with (Furious Sweep?).
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
Nameless

Post#29 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:56 pm

i really hope devs would increase the ib skin. At the city there are dfarves that are bigger than ordinar playable character, imo increase all ib to that level like orcs are bigger than choppas
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

kmark101

Post#30 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:24 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:07 pm blahblahblah

So who is your IB just so we know who is sharing the ultimate wisdom about l2p?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker