Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker warband improvements

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zakgrin

Re: Ironbreaker warband improvements

Post#81 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Fey wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:13 am IB has 2 aoe snares, one of which can't be cleansed. This along with, Slice Through, gives order tanks an incredible advantage in city fights. Destro has, Wave of Scorn, because no self-respecting BO runs, Big Brawlin', anymore.

IB is one of the strongest classes in the game. The fact that Kotbs and Chosen class mechanics are completely busted is irrelevant. Please realize that in fact the grass is greener on your side. SW needs love way more than IB. You all know this.
I feel like you are over exaggerating the "power" of snares. IBs have two snares, but really all Power Etchings does is hand out free immunities to the other side. You'll rarely ever see it used in a city/organized wb because it almost always does more harm than good. Slice Through also only hits 3 targets, and most Knights don't use it unless they are 2H, because like BO, they usually have better options. IB has so little group utility, that if Big Brawlin was put in place of Power Etchings, I'd probably use it every so often. Regardless, it makes sense that Order would have more snares, considering Destruction has more mobility.

IB is a strong class for 6v6, but it is probably the weakest tank in RoR when it comes to warband play because we just don't provide any group utility and we are useless if paired with an rdps. You even have devs saying that, not just people from this thread... We have less aoe than any other tank in the game, and all of our buffs/debuffs are single target. In my guilds organized city wb, we don't bring more than 1 IB unless we can't find a good Knight/SM to take the 7th spot, and we win most of our cities. I also know that the best destro premades don't generally bring more than 1 BG (and BG has more aoe than IBs) for the same reasons. Knights/Chosens being so strong is very much a reason why IBs/BGs don't have much of a place. Balance doesn't happen in a vacuum, other classes being stronger is exactly the reason why spots can be limited for some classes. WP/DOK is another pretty good analogy to this situation xD.

Also I totally agree that SW desperately needs help, but that doesn't mean they can't work on balancing other classes at the same time (as SW are not the only ones).
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!

Ads
skillordz

Post#82 » Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Well, we already have plenty of skills and buffs, the last that I want is to just keep buffing more and more like a buffbot or having even more aoe skills that will only be nightmare play for new one IB's. Maybe some sort of heal debuff without a tactic would be interesting

ashton007

Post#83 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am

One thing that I feel would help IB with armor pierce issue: make "Watch an Learn" weapon skill buff last 20 sec while the AP component lasts 10 sec or just remove the ap altogether and make the skill last 20 sec. IB really needs weapon skill. This would mirror the BO ability follow me lead except that it has a cooldown and costs grudge mechanic. (Therefore should be stronger)

ashton007

Post#84 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:42 pm

I just feel like they need more utility for wb as well. I'm a much older IB played mine when t4 launched quit around domi and returned recently to find that my physical damage is pretty bad and I do not offer anything other than aoe snare and the inc healdebuff. (which dps will be better at) if we aren't going to get more utility then we need more damage to make up for utility we aren't offering. I think either way though (wb buff or not) IB needs something changed for more AOE pressure. I think a good way to do this would be to make REA cost grudge and have no CD similar to how monstrous rending works. And then they need to rework the tactic that makes it a KD into something more useful because we have plenty SM mindlessly spamming aoe KB and IB has better options so it's not worth the point in vengeance or the tactic slot. I do agree the buffs should be a bit stronger so knight and sm aren't just overwriting them, even if only by 15 pts. And also a big agree on the toughness and block/parry debuff.

Ramlaen

Post#85 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 pm

ashton007 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am One thing that I feel would help IB with armor pierce issue: make "Watch an Learn" weapon skill buff last 20 sec while the AP component lasts 10 sec or just remove the ap altogether and make the skill last 20 sec. IB really needs weapon skill. This would mirror the BO ability follow me lead except that it has a cooldown and costs grudge mechanic. (Therefore should be stronger)
The AP component of Watch an Learn is its most valuable characteristic. If anything the weaponskill buff should be moved to a different ability.

Perhaps have Ancestors Fury buff weaponskill instead of strength.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

ashton007

Post#86 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:10 am

Ramlaen wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 pm
ashton007 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am One thing that I feel would help IB with armor pierce issue: make "Watch an Learn" weapon skill buff last 20 sec while the AP component lasts 10 sec or just remove the ap altogether and make the skill last 20 sec. IB really needs weapon skill. This would mirror the BO ability follow me lead except that it has a cooldown and costs grudge mechanic. (Therefore should be stronger)
The AP component of Watch an Learn is its most valuable characteristic. If anything the weaponskill buff should be moved to a different ability.

Perhaps have Ancestors Fury buff weaponskill instead of strength.
That would be good too. I just feel the weapon skill buff needs to last 20 sec where ever it ends up just like the BO's.

ashton007

Post#87 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:11 am

I feel with knights being given the AP aura it takes IBs spot for ap pump too.