Recent Topics

Ads

Engineer abilities now taking damage from damage shields

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Detangler

Re: Engineer abilities now taking damage from damage shields

Post#21 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:47 am

jaxamillian wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:56 am Ok naelar, will stick to only using aoe when in very small scale, since that makes sense to you apparently. LMAO.

Detangler, napalm lasts for 30 seconds, lets assume ONE person is being hit, thats 110 dmg x 15 = 1550 dmg. Lets assume a more realistic number, 20 people, you have just taken 20 x 1550 dmg = 31,000 self dmg. For simply pressing one button on your keyboard. Do you really think that is acceptable?
I still don't think you understand how dire shielding works. You cast an aoe ability, dire shielding does about 110 x (number of nearby allies within 30 feet).

X = number of allies hit. Can't be more than 24 (aoe cap).

110 * x = self damage taken.

You'd take max like 2700 damage every time you cast something. Assuming there were 23 people stacked around the chosen.

BUT that won't happen every time because: if there are at least 23 other people stacked next to the chosen. There's probably a lot more because it's a logjam funnel. And with that comes lot more aoe from your side. All those aoe hits the chosen is taking its randomly proccing dire shielding on one of the 10+ abilities a second you take when in that situation.

And according to the devs dire shielding cannot be stacked.

But if I'm gravely mistaken please correct me. I may be wrong about the number of allies but it for sure works for people outside your party.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Wiede

Post#22 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:42 am

Likeaboss wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:10 pm
Wiede wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:02 pm That's the deal... the exact same way it functions with KOTBS stacking vs. destro melee dps. Have fun!
You thought the melee train of destro wipes to your Rain of Fire ****? No, they killed themselves @ reflect damage.
you know that Kotbs Aura has 2s internal cooldown? so by example WE, who can stack almost 10 hit in 2 seconds you only get 1 Backlash :lol:

Just saying... i don't care, if Engi solo don't want to join a party or WB with heal, he should die in pain :twisted:
Yep, thats why i said 8+ Kotbs... Each Kotbs with minimum another melee in grp and BOOM, you aoe them and get instagibbed.

It's the totally same now with a working Chosen tactic, although that one is easier to apply... But for that its not baseline.

Not saying dire shielding isn't stronger than the Kotbs reflect mechanics. Just saying with the possible stacking of Kotbs in a funnel the OPs problem with reflect is there for years for Destro MDPS.

StrongUn

Post#23 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:38 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:12 am
jaxamillian wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:27 am Please fix it devs, not terribly enjoyable putting down napalm and taking 400% of my life in dmg. Thanks!
hahaha its fixed NOW....

L M A O

wraithghost

Post#24 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:44 pm

I noticed this today for the first time you put a napalm down on a keep defense/fort and without a healer you just die.

I was seeing ticks for 83 and 103 and I mean a hell of a lot of them, the issue is you can't stop napalm once its down then it spreads and hits everyone that walks over it so you end up taking the dmg for ages. If it didn't proc off napalm it would be manageable.

jaxamillian
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 am

Would appreciate a reply from devs on this issue. Certain players seem to think its ok for high spec abilities to kill you in return for using them.

Jinxypie

Post#26 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:07 am

jaxamillian wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 am Would appreciate a reply from devs on this issue. Certain players seem to think its ok for high spec abilities to kill you in return for using them.
It was answered by dev. When you play w/o heal things can be rough. Otherwise should be no problem to outheal the lowest dps tank ingame.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

jaxamillian
Suspended

Post#27 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 pm

If you don't play engineer you really cant comment. It is simply broken on napalm.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#28 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:54 pm

Napalm/Mist effect has several applications, all of them currently are being treated as direct damage, which allows things to proc based on that damage, and also triggers reflect shields to work by standing in it. "Fixing" napalm means making it apply as DOT damage, which is probably far more correct considering once it's put down the Engi/Magus no longer have control over it. This was discussed a bit in the Bane Shield thread, and also needs to be updated in code somewhere.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
MMXX43

Post#29 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:12 pm
Panel wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:56 pm Just further evidence of the heavy bias in this game towards melee - knowing how weak engineers are against melee id imagine this ability would be given to the engineer not the melee - but then again this game has always been about fun for melee and misery for the rest. Now we have a situation where there is no incentive to gear up because if you do you just kill yourself faster or tax your healers. Really badly thought out mechanic. In a game so biased to melee you could never convince me this is a needed ability. Sadly the straw that broke the camels back for me and I am out . Don't bother with the usual hackneyed replies because i wont read them - when i'm done i'm done
This is very wrong.

1. This isn't about melee, this is about TANKs, and something Magus and destro has had to deal with this whole time. You had a bug that was for your benefit, because one of the Chosens tactics DID NOT WORK. The bug got fixed, and now you are whining like a little child who can't adapt because you can't abuse a bug anymore. Pathetic.

2. RDPS is very very good in this game, and if you can't realize that you are a fool. What do you think melee does in keep sieges and forts?

3. You don't kill yourself faster for getting better gear. You don't know how the damage reflect works which is painfully obvious. It doesn't scale with the damage you do, it's a flat rate based on the "Bane Shield" ability. Why don't you go look at the career builder or even just educate yourself in the slightest?

4. If "a bug fix" and "you can't be an exploiter" is the reason you are "out", then get the hell out. Nobody will cry over it or miss you, or your ridiculous whines.

5. You could also learn to play and stop spamming AoE blindly with 0 consequence and actually think about when it is a good time to use different abilities, instead of your EZmode spam fest. Sorry its "too hawwwddd" to figure out how to play the game and actually make tactical decisions instead of spamming your AoE nades all day long.

You know whats pathetic ? having a realm which exploits most bugs and then calling out others that just did class damage :)
4. Get to the Choppa x2 jump exploit still in game ? :)
5. Spam aoe blindly like ....magus and sorcs :P

enjoy it while it lasts :)

Pumatouch

Post#30 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:52 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:54 pm Napalm/Mist effect has several applications, all of them currently are being treated as direct damage, which allows things to proc based on that damage, and also triggers reflect shields to work by standing in it. "Fixing" napalm means making it apply as DOT damage, which is probably far more correct considering once it's put down the Engi/Magus no longer have control over it. This was discussed a bit in the Bane Shield thread, and also needs to be updated in code somewhere.
In other words, Napalm will stop being direct damage, pulsing and proccing all sorts of nice nice goodies. Careful what you wish for. Engi/Magus wanted a fix but end up with nerf.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.