Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer guide...a clear one, hopefully

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vlad333

Slayer guide...a clear one, hopefully

Post#1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:24 am

Hello lads,

New slayer here, ready to die. I do, a lot.
Still in T1, and Order SC's are a mess, but i like the class and i heard it is good. The only problem is that i do not find a definite post with viable builds.
I wanted 2h, but i already know it is a pain. Many people show dw spec with Inevitable Doom and some other stuff from SkavenSlayer. The thing that confuses me that on youtube, i saw a decent video with a guy destroying people, including in 1v1, and he used Rune of Absorption. I never saw any build that covers that.
Also, optimal talismans, renown etc.
Would be greatly appreciated!

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: Slayer guide...a clear one, hopefully

Post#2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:13 am

I have a YT video that covers my build. Not saying its the video you saw ( prolly wasnt) but I have a Slayer Guide 2 video that might help you
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

StrongUn

Post#3 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:20 am

Inevitable Doom on right tree (Skavenslayer)
and Rune of Absorption and Rampage in left tree (Trollslayer)
but you need rr70 for that

Also the most important thing!!: mix rampage + riposte, so you can backpedal while riposte (tactic without coldown) kills for you :mrgreen:

Even witch hunters do that :lol:

Foltestik

Post#4 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:42 am

it depens what you wanna play party/warband/solo

i play mostly in same king of premade party and spec is:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4061,4054

for renown i use anticrit (II or III) and melee crit (full) rest WS

for talis you need to be cap STR or almost, then rest on WS

Italic

Post#5 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi Vlad,
For meta DW it is very simple and spammable:
RoR.builders - Slayer

Find yourself a tank who understands Hold the Line and Challenge and spam your aoe dot/ID/SL/Flurry and pop Rampage always.... also... Retribution when you are Rampaging and in yellow.

Read Yir's aged but awesome masterpiece: viewtopic.php?t=25638

For 2 Hander I would recommend you try something like this: RoR.builders - Slayer

How you travel up the masteries is going to depend somewhat on what you are feeling/doing etc.

In Trollslayer you take Power Through tactic so you can spam your "finishers", you take Rampage so you can drop Enrage, and importantly... you take Deep Wound as a Heal debuff.

In Giantslayer you take Spellbreaker so you can make those pesky healer shields go away (absorb absorb absorb) and you take Devastate as a wounds debuff.

Here are a few other things:
1) You will have a very slightly reduced parry chance moving from DW to 2h.
2) You will die a lot. Every death is a lesson about positioning. Don't be mad... slay more.
3) Your "finishers" (Exhausts your Rage) do more when you strike in your yellow "Furious" zone but if you are running Power Through tactic you won't drop that enrage. It stinks but spamming big hits is fun.
4) You may note that I have placed more points in the mastery than you will natively have at 40/40. This is because you get an additional mastery point at 40/50/60/70 (relog to have it appear after "dinging") The path you travel up the lines is up to you... however I would suggest getting your feet wet with...

Trollslayer>Power Through >Deep Wound >Giantslayer>Devestate>Spellbreaker.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 pm

They should just scrap the useless 2h Tree or let us use a 2h axe appearance. 2h just doesnt perform well or outperform dual wield in any setting.

Dual wield is goofy and doesnt make any sense as an actual fighting style. Plus I want to look like Gotrek freaking Gurnisson out there with a huge axe.

To the OP, run dual wield and manage your rage with Rampage and Wild Swing. Once you have rampage and make it back to red, you should be in position to drop retribution on the enemy when doing AoE. Playing solo or small scale, dual wield is still better bc your sustained damage output is what will still win you fights, even if you have to cheese riposte to do it.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Atum

Post#7 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:25 am

is there any rota for dw meta build?