Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Fixxer's builds discussion

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TiberiusD

[Engineer] Fixxer's builds discussion

Post#1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello!

As the tile says, i want to discuss with you about Fixxer's Engineer theory-build for each path: Rifleman, Grenadier and Thinkerer.

Now everybody knows Fixxer and his way of playing. He is also a nice streamer and this knowledge about Engineer is amazing.

Here are the builds:

1. Snipe Build - https://fixxerironforge.wixsite.com/fixxer/snipe-build
2. Grenadier DPS - https://fixxerironforge.wixsite.com/fix ... nadier-dps
3. Grenadier Tank - https://fixxerironforge.wixsite.com/fix ... adier-tank
4. Tinker Utility - https://fixxerironforge.wixsite.com/fix ... er-utility
5. Utility Interrupts - https://fixxerironforge.wixsite.com/fix ... -interupts

My personal favorites from these are the Grenadier DPS and the Utility Interrupts. I played with them, i toned them a bit relating to my playstyle and i have to admit, the results are there.

So, what do you think about them? Would new and old, experienced and un-experienced engineers follow them?

REMEMBER: these are only prototypes in order to get a picture about them. they can be also tuned according to your playstyle like i did.

So, what do you think and which one is your favorite? Let's discuss

Ads
hammerhead

Re: [Engineer] Fixxer's builds discussion

Post#2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Looking from rr66 puger perspective, I found one of the two options for grenadier the best. This is either M4 and jewelry for pumping moral, or crit tactics from a tinker(avoid all tree include keg). Did not play much for the sniper and pure tinker due to their strong specialization.
(\|)o0(|/)

TiberiusD

Post#3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:37 pm

hammerhead wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 pm Looking from rr66 puger perspective, I found one of the two options for grenadier the best. This is either M4 and jewelry for pumping moral, or crit tactics from a tinker(avoid all tree include keg). Did not play much for the sniper and pure tinker due to their strong specialization.
How does it feel for you to play Grenadier in terms of burst and mobility?

hammerhead

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:54 pm

If you make a mix of a tinker and a grenadier with crit tactics, you must take tactics to instantly deploy a turret. Mobility is the best of all possible builds, the main thing is to see the picture of the battle and to predict where the blob will move. Your only enemy will be the Marauder, so mark them well in advance.
In a build under M4 makes no sense to go to a Tinker. For the rest of the points, it's easier to take a Crack Shot. It will be useful and will last for a couple of seconds if you focused by Sorc. Artillery Barrage, very good at forts.
Also, a moral build is good for those who are just being leveled up and have no extra points and high ballistics. You can safely take Clever Recovery and Pierce Defenses and be no less useful than high-level players.

upd build

M4 RoR.builders - Engineer

Crit RoR.builders - Engineer
(\|)o0(|/)

Darkfalz8

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:03 am

Been slowly creeping to 35 on engi and picked up the deva set. Curious if the 4pc 700 armor break is worth wearing until 40 or should I grab the 35 sc set? The proc rate seems low since it only seems to happen on autos + gun blast skills? Also since I'm still pretty new to the level 40 scene, what kind of gear progression do you suggest on my way to Vanq/Oppressor as they seem like a long term goal? I'm assuming there is a PvE set that would be a lot faster to get but honestly I rather go the RvR/SC route if I could help it. Assuming the Conq set will work as an in-between but curious if I should go for the Annihilator or Mercenary set before Conq.

Atum

Post#6 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:20 pm

just a quick noob engi question- regarding the core turrets (gun, fire, bombard) - it depends on the situation and spec which turret we use right? e.g. sniper -> gun; grenadier -> bombard, and so on?

Borek

Post#7 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Atum wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:20 pm just a quick noob engi question- regarding the core turrets (gun, fire, bombard) - it depends on the situation and spec which turret we use right? e.g. sniper -> gun; grenadier -> bombard, and so on?
Yeah, that's what makes them (and Magus) more challenging to play since you have to prepare with the turret that you think may be best suited in advance. Of course you can move an already summoned one to your location, but that is less useful if you have the wrong one down at the time haha.

I'm just in T1 on my new one, but i have a 33 magus, usually i plop down the max range one and make sure i am on point with my kiting to reduce the chances of me being caught by the enemy front line. The flamer for close range is perfect for bottlenecks like House in T1 or any fort/keep later on, however you must be EXTREMELY careful positioning them so they do not act as AoE anchors for enemy CC/damage. If you think you can do mass AOE then you may want to use the grenadier one, but most of the time you will either be at long range or close range, so it's hard to utilize it well in many situations.

Titman

Post#8 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 am

Any chance I can see the builds somewhere?
Cause the links won't work.
I 'm interested in trying a magnet build but I am almost clueless about tactics/talismans/Stat prio etc.

Regards
Killimanjarin (ENG)

Ads
TiberiusD

Post#9 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:52 am

Titman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 am Any chance I can see the builds somewhere?
Cause the links won't work.
I 'm interested in trying a magnet build but I am almost clueless about tactics/talismans/Stat prio etc.

Regards
Killimanjarin (ENG)
Hello!

Take a look here: https://fixxer.tv/the-engineer/ => Builds. If you click the link you can see the details

Titman

Post#10 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:21 am

Ah thank you Tib!