Recent Topics

Ads

SLAYER auto attack speed

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Helltrain

SLAYER auto attack speed

Post#1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 pm

I was using tactic 25%/50% attack speed with 2.9s weapon.
0% : 2.9s
15% : 2.5s
25% : 2.2s
40% : 2.1s
50% : 1.9s
65% : 1.8s

So i was wondering how this is calculated ? is it good to go to 100% (redeye/conq/oathstone) for slayer single target ?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: SLAYER auto attack speed

Post#2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Helltrain wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:01 pm I was using tactic 25%/50% attack speed with 2.9s weapon.
0% : 2.9s
15% : 2.5s
25% : 2.2s
40% : 2.1s
50% : 1.9s
65% : 1.8s

So i was wondering how this is calculated ? is it good to go to 100% (redeye/conq/oathstone) for slayer single target ?
At 100% AA speed bonus your hit interval is 1,5(1,45). Now guess how much you sacrifice. Going for AA is not bad for a slayer but I wouldn't skip everything else. Got for vanq set first and then for invader. 2pc sentinel in a mix are good as well.
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:18 pm

(weapon speed) / (1 + sum of AA haste modifiers )

say normal weapon with 2.4 speed is 2.4/1 if no haste modifiers
with 50% haste modifier; 2.4 / (1 + 0.5) = 1,6 effective weapon speed (interval between sword swings)

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 am

Redeye is trash so is the great oathstones

I’m not going to pretend that a large chunk of slayers and choppas damage comes from auto attacks but outside of aa haste tactic you don’t need to to spot anything else

Focus on getting full vanq for weapon skill proc and then invader for 20% armor ignore proc

Zxul

Post#5 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:28 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 am Redeye is trash so is the great oathstones

I’m not going to pretend that a large chunk of slayers and choppas damage comes from auto attacks but outside of aa haste tactic you don’t need to to spot anything else

Focus on getting full vanq for weapon skill proc and then invader for 20% armor ignore proc
Actually- lets make the calculations.

Taking the 2.9 weapon which OP asked about- with 50% aa haste the speed will be 2.9/(1+0.5)=1.93 effective weapon speed.

Taking it with 50% aa haste and with 0.15 oathstones will be 2.9/(1+0.5+0.15)=1.75 effective weapon speed.

Now looking over 10 second- in first case the weapon will do 10/1.93=5.18 hits, while second case10/1.75=5.71 hit, or half hit or so more. Now considering that each main hand hit procs offhand hits as well, on average oathstones in this setup add 0.75 or so extra hit over 10 sec (with extra procs from subj ets on top of that)- not bad at all, when you are considering that the slower weapon is, the harder its aa hits, and comparing that to extra dmg you can get from 2 other items in jewelry slots.

In general, you need a base for aa haste setup- 50% aa haste buff of some kind, and a slow weapon, once you got it however each aa haste extra buff on top adds a nice chunk of dmg, the slower the base weapon speed the more.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:39 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:28 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 am Redeye is trash so is the great oathstones

Actually- lets make the calculations.

Taking the 2.9 weapon which OP asked about- with 50% aa haste the speed will be 2.9/(1+0.5)=1.93 effective weapon speed.

Taking it with 50% aa haste and with 0.15 oathstones will be 2.9/(1+0.5+0.15)=1.75 effective weapon speed.

Now looking over 10 second- in first case the weapon will do 10/1.93=5.18 hits, while second case10/1.75=5.71 hit, or half hit or so more. Now considering that each main hand hit procs offhand hits as well, on average oathstones in this setup add 0.75 or so extra hit over 10 sec (with extra procs from subj ets on top of that)- not bad at all, when you are considering that the slower weapon is, the harder its aa hits, and comparing that to extra dmg you can get from 2 other items in jewelry slots.

In general, you need a base for aa haste setup- 50% aa haste buff of some kind, and a slow weapon, once you got it however each aa haste extra buff on top adds a nice chunk of dmg, the slower the base weapon speed the more.
That’s nice an all but completely irrelevant

Redeye has long been outclassed by vanq bloodlord and espically invader and we still have tovl, warlord, darkpromise, and sov etc that will outclass it to

Simultaneously your trading away 2 jewel slots and minimum 40 stat points of str, wounds and other stats for 2 jewels with piss poor stats and 10% aa haste

Not worth it don’t gimp your self to do an “aa haste” build

6 proc invader and vanq WS procs are better whose armor pen assistance will give you far more mileage