Recent Topics

Ads

[Eng] Engineer Advice: Newbie Dawi

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
rubix41

[Eng] Engineer Advice: Newbie Dawi

Post#1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 am

Hello everyone, I have some questions about Dwarven engineering - still a work in progress. First of, I have NEVER played a Dwarf engineer (live or ROR) - this is my first attempt - and I have worked it roughly my build on what I have been reading from the forum so I would like to meet my toon whom, I have to admit, managed to take down a 13 hero via some unexpectedly complex kiting at Wolfenburg PQ recently (see below)

RoR.builders - Newbie Engineer

RoR.builders - Items

So my questions are as follows, at my current level as a grenadier (current career path is tinkerer up to Bugmans then Grenadier)

0) Am I wrong for this, for a Dwarf engineer:
0.a) stacking armour and toughness is better than wounds for an engineer for RvR survival? (The gist from the Handbook guide) I am used to stacking wounds over toughness and armour on my Bright Wizard but it's like the opposite here.
0.b) At least I am sure BS is worth stacking, if you are a Rifle XD There seems to be a disagreement about this but does going out full reknown in BS is the way forward or do you need some in WS to ensure some penetrate?
0.c) My rotation is Acid Bomb->Firebomb->Flashbang /Frag (depending on situation) -> Rifle Blast -> Hip Shot -> Blunderbust: are there any improvements here? (My turret is usually grenade launcher)

1) Bugman's Beer (heals 224Hp ever 3 secs): seems to be the safe bet in posts to help with healing:
1a) Does it need willpower to get the best of it? Is it worth putting some reknown in healing for it?

2) Lightning Rod: (229 Corp Dmg every 3 secs): I have been testing it recently to use it farm mobs (because I am broke in getting my Cultivating and Apothecary skills up by using gold for the plants) but, in RvR, the log set up time seems to be getting me owned/pwned/stomped when Destro are grouping up and the tanks are holding them up.
2a) Besides Acid Bomb, how do you get the most out of lightning rod?

Ads
rubix41

Re: [Eng] Engineer Advice: Newbie Dawi

Post#2 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:55 am

> Wounds+ctbc/ini (min. 210-250 unbuffed) >= avoidance >= armor+resis > toughness, as for all classes. There's no mitigating damage if you die in 2gcds due to a 5-6k (4k post-debuff) HP pool. [Toughness has the least/most inconsistent impact on your EHP, and is rather costly for most classes.]
Darn it - well good thing I have invested in harvesting my armour pots >< Will need a costume change now though...
if you intend to play grenadier you just need BS essentially. Magnetbot will lock you into a more defensive spec anyways...
Is that Electromagnet from the Tinkerer tree or am I missing something? :?

Glorian

Post#3 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:03 pm

As you have read the Handbook you know most of the stuff that is needed.

I usually skip Lightning Rod as it doesn't get an area increase like every other ability on the Engineer with the Flame turret buff.
It also doesn't get an increased CAP usually, but at the moment the target CAP is increased serverwide, so It might be usefull in a Funnel. But still I would use the Blunderbuss instead as to trigger Weapon Procs and hit 24 People at the same time with a good cone.

rubix41

Post#4 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:38 pm

Meanwhile, whilst I have your Glorian, whilst I was reading the PDF guide, there warbuilder links are no longer valid but I believe you have a plan in hand:

The warbuilder has changed maybe. I need to build in screenshots.