Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] 2h solo/small scale Ironbreaker

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zgolec

[IB] 2h solo/small scale Ironbreaker

Post#1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:57 pm

I was wondering how would look like proper build for 2h IB these days in terms of build [50/60/70], what stat numers should be aimed for, what set / set mix is bis etc.

Something changed these days? Or old Volgo guides are still viable?

Thank you in advance for answers :)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Esperflame

Re: [IB] 2h solo/small scale Ironbreaker

Post#2 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:20 am

There are really only 2 primary builds people use for 2h IBs.

Offensive Setup: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3745,3768

Defensive Setup: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3745,3780

The offensive one stacking with a lot of weapon skill (600+) will give you the tank version of a Bright Wizard timestamp. Once you stack all your dots on someone and go into Grudge-born Fury, you can see a ton of dots tick and even crit for anywhere between 400-700 dmg per tick. Also, pushing a ton of weaponskill allows you to guard and parry (70%-80% Parry) most of the guard dmg away. Remember, Guard dmg goes vs your full parry and isn't reduced from stat penetration. The offensive build is also capable of removing almost 2300 armor with the morale 1, which allows for enemy tanks to even become viable targets when you reduce and then penetrate their remaining armor with your high WS. Don't neglect your str too much. While WS overall gives you better dmg because the majority of your dmg is dots, higher str also means you get parried less. Shoot for around 600 in both STR and WS. Keep in mind at 701 WS you get 50% armor pen.

The defensive setup loses a lot of dmg. You lose Cave-in and Grudge-born Fury which are two very nice dots, but you gain some self reliant healing. Ancestor's Fury and Sweet Revenge give bonus to everything for crit and stack. Which means you can give yourself 25% heal crit for Grumble and Mutter. Also, try to remember to have your willpower and crit buff active when you turn it on. I've crit healed myself with a nearby Kobs for 928 with grumble and mutter. It's healing is very real. Your ability to armor debuff drops by a bit though. I think you lose around 300ish off your full grudge armor debuff. But, your Brotherhood buffs become very real and you can be very tanky with moderate heals.

Keep in mind going off-spec on a tank can be very stat demanding. I wouldn't recommend 2h IB until you're at least rr65+ and have access to Conq, Beastlord and I would use Winds Impervious for resists. The best buff you can get from a RP is the resist buff. You can buff your willpower for far more and your parry buff gives 60 init at 40 and if you're in battle should be kept up as much as possible. Also, if you go tri-spec to get the parry and bubble, you run Dwarven Riposte and as long as you are in battle and your grudge buddy is getting attacked, you should be able to run grumble and mutter and keep your grudges pretty much always topped off. The best weapon you can get early game is the normal Epic weapon of Earthshatter (I forgot it name). It gives you 10% to dodge parry and disrupt. Earthshatter from Sentinel Dungeons is pretty top kek for 2h IB.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

HongTen

Post#3 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm

wtf is this build xdd points without skills ?
2 certainly builds bla bla bla
anyway no matter what us plays as IB nowadays. theres hardmode on.
ah yeah and then after 60rr hah, theres just weekly Tank lf Crypt&Tunnels/BS run.
and then you can try some 2h with actual order interaction its blah
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

Grock

Post#4 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:32 pm

HongTen wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm wtf is this build xdd points without skills ?
bugged links with <40 matery points, instead of 70+
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

HongTen

Post#5 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:32 pm
HongTen wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:14 pm wtf is this build xdd points without skills ?
bugged links with <40 matery points, instead of 70+
yeye my bad, but i cant read it properly yet.
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati