Recent Topics

Ads

[SL] Suggested build?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Azygous

[SL] Suggested build?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:15 am

Returning player. What's the current meta abilities and renown spread ? Let's assume i'm getting a guard and pocket heals.

Ads
adamthelc

Re: [SL] Suggested build?

Post#2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 am

ID, Shatter Limbs, deep wounds and rampage.

Tactics always use brute strength and wild gambit.

Choose the other two based on if you are going for more ST or AoE.

Get enough str to be at or near cap with pot and tactics. Get as much WS as you can. Mix in defensive renown points as you feel needed.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:33 am

you can do the classic duel wield build

RoR.builders - Slayer

i try to use ancestral inheritence to compensate for wild gambit debuff

i dont much like duel weild though, nor wild gambit even if we really need the STR and WS but i can compensate with STR renown, mixing sets and pots

i prefer to play with 2h even if its not as effective, just feels more fun

RoR.builders - Slayer

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 am

For WB play I suppose you could do more avoidance renown builds and stack parry & dodge/disrupt. Anything smaller scale than that and anti-crit is a must have. Especially with Vanq, Invade, and new weapons giving out plus crit chances bonuses like candy.

Vanquisher 4th piece bonus is +110 WS proc. This is a must once you can get the gear since armor values on enemies are higher now with vanq,invader, sentinel, onslaught, etc. As always, if sufficiently guarded/healed, turn on reckless gamble to max damage.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Martok

Post#5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:25 am

Does SL stand for Shadow-Lawyer? If so it is the most powerful class in game...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Azygous

Post#6 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Thanks for the helpful info. I have a few Q:

1.What's the current suggested gear for dual and 2h? I hope it's the same. I left just before the dungeons were introduced and I never dungeoned in live so no idea what sets to go after.

2.I was checking the career builder, did they buff spellbreaker, devastate and cleft in twain on that tree? Is the tactic breaking point actually gimping you if you dual wield?. It was hard for me to dig through the past patch notes so sorry for the Q.

3.I always wondered about rampage, isn't it useless if you're always going after casters as a 2h? I understand that you obviously have to focus melee classes at times but I thought if you go 2h you should be bursting/flanking casters instead but again I'm sure that was off and it was only before the dungeons and changes to the trees.

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Azygous wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm Thanks for the helpful info. I have a few Q:

1.What's the current suggested gear for dual and 2h? I hope it's the same. I left just before the dungeons were introduced and I never dungeoned in live so no idea what sets to go after.

2.I was checking the career builder, did they buff spellbreaker, devastate and cleft in twain on that tree? Is the tactic breaking point actually gimping you if you dual wield?. It was hard for me to dig through the past patch notes so sorry for the Q.

3.I always wondered about rampage, isn't it useless if you're always going after casters as a 2h? I understand that you obviously have to focus melee classes at times but I thought if you go 2h you should be bursting/flanking casters instead but again I'm sure that was off and it was only before the dungeons and changes to the trees.

BiS gear is vanquisher and invader, the aa haste proc and the armor ignore proc's on invader are massive game changers especially

Vanq for the WS bonus proc but mixing sets for strenght bonuses is still the way for a lot of people

breaking point was changed yes, it used to be a 10% chance to be crit no matter what but now it only applies if you use DW

yes you "should" be going after casters and the backline but thats not the reality especially in orvr, rampage is an invaluable tool that you shouldnt ignore

CountTalabecland

Post#8 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Worth noting that Rampage helps you not have to push through tank wall to damage healers in WB play. i use it with accuracy and Reckless Gamble to try to be hitting 9 people with my any time spam on top of Inevitable Doom. Use it to stick Inevitable Doom on tanks and MDPS and to make sure that Shatter Limbs and Retribution hits as many people as possible. Its not there so you can focus tanks, its there to help you get your AoE through avoidances and kill other MDPS who overextend or are unguarded. Doesn’t matter if you have rampage up, it is a waste of time to beat on tanks or guarded MDPS in small scale. WB play just use Rampage every time you first hit yellow and AoE spam away.

The heal debuff is a good versatile ability. I use it most often when my group is focusing healers and I am using ST abilities to get the healer down anyways.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Muurloen

Post#9 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm

I want to try this build with full invaders, but I am sure it will fail horribly.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4054,4072
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Muurloen wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm I want to try this build with full invaders, but I am sure it will fail horribly.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4054,4072
With Invader 5% + crit, sc weapon/subjagator 3-4% + crit and some rr points thrown with breaking point and you can get some decent crits out of that build.