Rampage Question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nocturnalguest
Posts: 116

Re: Rampage Question

Post#61 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm
You don’t lose much using rampage with Holding Grudge. You can use Rampage in Furious for 20 sec boost and you don’t drop all rage (you keep the 25% damage boost with no defense penalty)
Nobody sane in any kind of somewhat competitive gameplay would ever spec that way.

Ads
User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Rampage Question

Post#62 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:31 am

nocturnalguest wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm
Grunbag wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm
You don’t lose much using rampage with Holding Grudge. You can use Rampage in Furious for 20 sec boost and you don’t drop all rage (you keep the 25% damage boost with no defense penalty)
Nobody sane in any kind of somewhat competitive gameplay would ever spec that way.
You should try playing Furious with the +75% damage on finisher. You can use 3 finisher at +75% without dropping in the green. A lot of players underestimate Furious state and rather stay always full red and being most of the time a suicidal career. In Furious you have no defense penalty , even if you go full red at some time for more Burt you can spam 2/3 finishers quickly to back to Furious.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 494

Re: Rampage Question

Post#63 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:47 am

Grunbag wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:31 am
nocturnalguest wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm
Grunbag wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm
You don’t lose much using rampage with Holding Grudge. You can use Rampage in Furious for 20 sec boost and you don’t drop all rage (you keep the 25% damage boost with no defense penalty)
Nobody sane in any kind of somewhat competitive gameplay would ever spec that way.
You should try playing Furious with the +75% damage on finisher. You can use 3 finisher at +75% without dropping in the green. A lot of players underestimate Furious state and rather stay always full red and being most of the time a suicidal career. In Furious you have no defense penalty , even if you go full red at some time for more Burt you can spam 2/3 finishers quickly to back to Furious.
That true, but there are 2 problems:
First it's not so automatic to stay always in furious, it need some training, timing and a very carefully rage management; second problem is that to do so you need to spend point in mid tree which is actually a bit underperforming, at least on choppa. to get Pent Up Rage you need to lose either heal debuff or GTDC

User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Rampage Question

Post#64 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:06 am

You’re right . staying in Furious Require more rage management, I think we should swap it to 3 pts to promote play the finisher mechanic.

I see 2 option : swap it in the same tree with Determination and review determination effect cause it’s unused tactic (maybe something like in Furious your Finishers got 20% crit chance)

Or swap it with takin chances (actually no one pick this tactic when you spec for Aoe warband unless you don’t trust your heal and think 225 hp will save you) but can be more usefull for solo spec
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 494

Re: Rampage Question

Post#65 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:35 am

Grunbag wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:06 am
You’re right . staying in Furious Require more rage management, I think we should swap it to 3 pts to promote play the finisher mechanic.

I see 2 option : swap it in the same tree with Determination and review determination effect cause it’s unused tactic (maybe something like in Furious your Finishers got 20% crit chance)

Or swap it with takin chances (actually no one pick this tactic when you spec for Aoe warband unless you don’t trust your heal and think 225 hp will save you) but can be more usefull for solo spec
I would make Determination to scale with rage (like +10% crit on furious and +20% in berserk, since in furious you have 75% damage bonus while on berserk just 50%).
Swapping it with taking chances can be a good idea too, at high lvl you should be able to get the 3rd point tactic indipendently by your build.
To sum up: both seems good idea to me!

User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Rampage Question

Post#66 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am

Ysaran wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:35 am
Grunbag wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:06 am
You’re right . staying in Furious Require more rage management, I think we should swap it to 3 pts to promote play the finisher mechanic.

I see 2 option : swap it in the same tree with Determination and review determination effect cause it’s unused tactic (maybe something like in Furious your Finishers got 20% crit chance)

Or swap it with takin chances (actually no one pick this tactic when you spec for Aoe warband unless you don’t trust your heal and think 225 hp will save you) but can be more usefull for solo spec
I would make Determination to scale with rage (like +10% crit on furious and +20% in berserk, since in furious you have 75% damage bonus while on berserk just 50%).
Swapping it with taking chances can be a good idea too, at high lvl you should be able to get the 3rd point tactic indipendently by your build.
To sum up: both seems good idea to me!
easier thing to do would be swap Holding grudges and takin chances to start , and check how it impact the gameplay, and if more players try to play furious.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 494

Re: Rampage Question

Post#67 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 am

Grunbag wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am
easier thing to do would be swap Holding grudges and takin chances to start , and check how it impact the gameplay, and if more players try to play furious.
I just checked the builder and I can't find Holding Grudges. With Holding Grudges you mean Violent Impact, right? The ability which stack up to three time and reduce for every stack your exhaustive blow rage cost of 25?
If so then yes, I would surely use it. Actually I go for flanking but I don't really like it and I'm trying to substitute it with something else.

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 80

Re: Rampage Question

Post#68 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:08 am

Grunbag wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:44 am
easier thing to do would be swap Holding grudges and takin chances to start , and check how it impact the gameplay, and if more players try to play furious.
That would be the best option.
Ysaran wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 am
I just checked the builder and I can't find Holding Grudges. With Holding Grudges you mean Violent Impact, right? The ability which stack up to three time and reduce for every stack your exhaustive blow rage cost of 25?
If so then yes, I would surely use it. Actually I go for flanking but I don't really like it and I'm trying to substitute it with something else.
Yes, that's what he's talking about
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Ads
Bergbart
Posts: 6

Re: Rampage Question

Post#69 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 am

Hey

Simply reduce Rampage to 25% and make it always 20 sec in Berserk ...25% is always strong

Remove Pull from Gttc, reduce damage intervall to 1,5 sec give one Randomtarget timebomb after 3 sec boom.

Reduce costs of Aoe detount to 35 ap or increase duration and cooldown for Slay/Chop

Create new Skill Rage Burst for Both instand 1/3 rage cd 30 - 60 sec

Choppa Rework Ap Finischer to 25 % parry increase 30 sec cd duration 10 - 20 sec.

Reduce the costs from bleed em out to 35 ap or make it to a timebomb after 9 sec boom cd 30 sec

My opinion to make it more friendly to play
Choppa rr 70 what i say has nothing to do with my mates, our guild and allies....im a standalone silly.

User avatar
Ysaran
Posts: 494

Re: Rampage Question

Post#70 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:52 am

Bergbart wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 am
Remove Pull from Gttc, reduce damage intervall to 1,5 sec give one Randomtarget timebomb after 3 sec boom.
You can't take pull away from GTDC while it is a channelling. To be a channelling is a huge weight: stop you from AA, prevent you from using other ability and can be interrupted in at least 5 way (stagger, kd, punt, disarm, pull). If you want to take away pull from GTDC you have to make it like an aura that last 6s and inflict damage every 1s like ID
Bergbart wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 am

Reduce costs of Aoe detount to 35 ap or increase duration and cooldown for Slay/Chop

Create new Skill Rage Burst for Both instand 1/3 rage cd 30 - 60 sec

Choppa Rework Ap Finischer to 25 % parry increase 30 sec cd duration 10 - 20 sec.

Reduce the costs from bleed em out to 35 ap or make it to a timebomb after 9 sec boom cd 30 sec

My opinion to make it more friendly to play
I can't understand what you are trying to say here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests