Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage Question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Groomahr

Re: Rampage Question

Post#21 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:24 pm

mubbl wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 am
Acidic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 am
Grunbag wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 pm Just tested against all def morale on dev, rampage bypass 100% parry and block.
Ouch quite impressive for a 5point skill
yes and no, since its count as finisher you lose all of you rage and you just get 5 rage per second in combat , if tool tip is right. Pretty huge drawback for a skill which is a nice setup to do dmg in large scale. So that means that you need to slot Power Throught, which is another skill point and drawback cause you lose a tactic slot. which makes you choose between either one of the stat tactics or crit dmg(must be skilled) or increased aoe target cap for standard aoe(must be skilled and have 20% dmg drawback) or cd reduction(must be skilled). Even rampage makes 1v1 easy mode, it really shines in large scale battles situational, but it is not for free. For full rampage duration with power throught, you need a wind up of 15 secs.
Oh yes, I frequently find myself standing in combat, waiting for rage to come on my slayer...
I use rampage without all this, and works quite fine. You have 20 secs to generate rage and make dmg, if you can only do that with Power Through and all that stuff, than the problem lies somewhere else, I think.
Rampage is fine as it is, it's a great utility but it's situational and has its drawbacks. Forcing you to use a specific build is not one of them.
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#22 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Its less powerfull with tactic that don’t remove your rage anyway , it last only 10 sec in berserk .
But it’s very good for those who use Holding Grudge
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Acidic

Post#23 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:39 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:11 pm choppa and slayer wasn't designed to be Line Breakers according to mythic ?
Probably off topic from op post but never mind I take the bait :)

Don’t see anything on my Choppa which does this or even close,

mursaat1337

Post#24 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Wdova wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:41 am
Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 am
Acidic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 am

Ouch quite impressive for a 5point skill
Indeed
Well, its self buff, can be shattered, exhaust your rage, works only against tanks, mdps and has zero impact against rangeds and healers who dont stack parry/block
so it works against 2/3 archtypes of the game and bypasses morale abilities which are longer to build up and are on longer cds against rampage? tell me how anything you said is a drawback for a 5 pt skill. just because it has zero impact against players who don't have parry/block doesn't mean anything because its not a dps loss, ever heard better to have it and not need it? this means the slayer's dps thru put is even stronger because it doesn't need rampage for the other 1/3 archytype lol. better hope they don't have another enchantment on them when you shatter enchant and you're doomed by rng shattering the wrong enchantment.

nocturnalguest

Post#25 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm

I wish those who complain so much about rampage would actually just go and try it all out themselves. Evaluate increase of pressure they say it gives, try to actually fire it off in proper moment... And what is most important thinktank which tactic to slot out for power thru (may i remind you that reaching str cap without 2 tactics is a hard task) or estimate required time to reach red again and actual flow of battle and your contribution during this lets say downtime.
Slayer benefit way more from WS (aim for 900) than they relay on rampage.
Beside cheesy 1v1 (all counter play to this is there in game btw) versus people who are too lazy to press like 3-4 buttons in buffhead to track it skill is ok. Has drawbacks, makes you think of build (tactics, talis). And @tesq your numbers have a little connection to real play actually, 30% parry doesnt converts to +30% dmg that simple.
Last edited by nocturnalguest on Tue May 21, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aurandilaz

Post#26 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm

No one has time to spam Shatter in warband fights, and with 2-4 slayers in WB, you don't stand a chance of getting all of the Rampage buffs removed.
What rampage allows is not having to softcap STR in hopes of minimizing risk of Parry/Block, but rather being enough to get 800-900 range and then dump everything else into maximizing WS or Wounds - allowing easier time allocating resources to where they end up causing better dmg returns (WS and higher armor penetration).
And then you don't have to care where you drop your ID, as it won't be parried/blocked. Same with Shatter Limbs - no matter where used, it will be landing on targets.

Obviously you don't need Rampage in every fight, every other dps in games does OK without having access to 20sec of undefendable attacks. But in right hands, with using Power Through tactic, a good Slayer becomes an even better Slayer. :)
Nothing maximizes dmg like ensuring every hit does land.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm No one has time to spam Shatter in warband fights, and with 2-4 slayers in WB, you don't stand a chance of getting all of the Rampage buffs removed.
What rampage allows is not having to softcap STR in hopes of minimizing risk of Parry/Block, but rather being enough to get 800-900 range and then dump everything else into maximizing WS or Wounds - allowing easier time allocating resources to where they end up causing better dmg returns (WS and higher armor penetration).
And then you don't have to care where you drop your ID, as it won't be parried/blocked. Same with Shatter Limbs - no matter where used, it will be landing on targets.

Obviously you don't need Rampage in every fight, every other dps in games does OK without having access to 20sec of undefendable attacks. But in right hands, with using Power Through tactic, a good Slayer becomes an even better Slayer. :)
Nothing maximizes dmg like ensuring every hit does land.
yes and no, while using Power Through you reduce the Rampage duration to 10 sec most of the time
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

nebelwerfer

Post#28 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:12 pm

instead of writing a long wall of text about counters to slayer kit i'll just say "git good"

Ads
kmark101

Post#29 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Regarding the original topic, I have the same issue, getting lots of parries while Rampage is up (haven't seen any blocks, only parries).
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

zaebis03

Post#30 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Yes I can confirm I had it up again tonight and definitely got parried.