Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage Question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kmark101

Re: Rampage Question

Post#51 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am

Slow down mr. destro whiners. Play a slayer first, then complain about rampage later.

With rampage you can strike through tanks for 20 or 10 seconds, using all rage in the activation process, which means you hit like **** for the next 5 seconds, seems like every destro whiner forgets that. In my case, with 1,100 str and 720 WS (yes, some very minor gear upgrade still on the horizon) that means I can do 80-90 damage per attack on a geared tank with an 1h weapon. Are you really that **** envy of that??? Landing some debuff while rampage is up is cool, except they have small range so mostly only hits the first 2-3 tanks on the battlefield. Going deeper as a slayer is not an option (not like a WE) cause slayer has no defenses and they melt in a nanosecond in caster range, regardless of guard and what not. Pulling also not an option, because, well, slayer has no such skill. So all we have left is hitting frontline tanks and sometimes for 20 seconds (maximum) do minor damage.

At the same time, melee SH's bouncing around, farting my direction for 1,100 damage / second, then jumping away while being unkillable. Yet, you don't whine about that.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
zaebis03

Post#52 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:55 am

I didnt come here to ask a question on a bug to have it derailed. If you have a problem with rampage... bring it up in your own forum chat. This was to clarify that there are issues with it currently not striking through like intended. Thanks and have a good day.

wachlarz

Post#53 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 am

kmark101 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am Slow down mr. destro whiners. Play a slayer first, then complain about rampage later.

With rampage you can strike through tanks for 20 or 10 seconds, using all rage in the activation process, which means you hit like **** for the next 5 seconds, seems like every destro whiner forgets that. In my case, with 1,100 str and 720 WS (yes, some very minor gear upgrade still on the horizon) that means I can do 80-90 damage per attack on a geared tank with an 1h weapon. Are you really that **** envy of that??? Landing some debuff while rampage is up is cool, except they have small range so mostly only hits the first 2-3 tanks on the battlefield. Going deeper as a slayer is not an option (not like a WE) cause slayer has no defenses and they melt in a nanosecond in caster range, regardless of guard and what not. Pulling also not an option, because, well, slayer has no such skill. So all we have left is hitting frontline tanks and sometimes for 20 seconds (maximum) do minor damage.

At the same time, melee SH's bouncing around, farting my direction for 1,100 damage / second, then jumping away while being unkillable. Yet, you don't whine about that.
I suggest U stop attack tanks and try dps. Be like Shy, and make dmg. Should fix yours problem

Toshutkidup

Post#54 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:38 am

More Rampage complaints...
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Karast

Post#55 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:40 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 am
kmark101 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am Slow down mr. destro whiners. Play a slayer first, then complain about rampage later.

I suggest U stop attack tanks and try dps. Be like Shy, and make dmg. Should fix yours problem
He was directly replying to the fact that people complain about the use of rampage + SL to shutdown front line HTL. If you play AoE in WB fights you are going to be beating on tanks. Destro is tank heavy, and even when you can get around, if destro holds tight, you will be hitting guarded targets anyway.

Dumping rage is going to lose you a lot of dps, if you run tactics to keep rage, then you are going to be taking a lot more damage.

There is some very real trade offs. Right now WB slayer is like WB engi. You bring 1, maybe 2 for utility. They have **** for direct damage morales, and even with a dps RP for AoE armor debuff they bring less damage to the table than a BW does, or being as squishy if not more if they go spin to win.

You could mirror rampage to choppa no problem, and it would largely be the same for them. If choppa pull gets fixed choppa will go back to the wayside. Nothing competes with BW / Sorc, much more so for BW. Even with some minor AoE armor debuffing magical damage outclasses physical, and it gets worse with each new set upper armor values.

Muurloen

Post#56 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:53 am

If you give choppas rampage, then slayers need a pull or a leap to close distances. Peroid.
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

Groomahr

Post#57 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Yeah, I suggest anyone who thinks there is a problem with rampage to go out and play slayer for while, then think again. It's a whole lot different in theorycraft than in reality, which is kinda obvious... but, if you do theorycrafting, at least do it right - which is nigh freaking impossible imho, considering how many variables you need to consider. But let me just highlight a single one here:
  • The buff is up for 10/20 secs
  • Depending on your setup either you have 10 sec to go nuts, with consistently higher dmg income on you which very nicely correlates with the slayer's legendary survivability, or
  • It's up for 20 secs, from which a couple of goes away with getting rage up from zero and positioning - let's say 5 secs in average - so you got cc 15 secs to go nuts with your ultimate game breaking ability... now try to be up and about for that long with a slayer in the middle of a **** tankwall you should break btw, without 2-3 pocket healers and several guards on you, and get back to me with the results.
But even if slayers would be tanky as hell, Destro has the means to negate this with ease tbh. Honestly, all you guys need to do is just read through this thread and use your brains.
Last edited by Groomahr on Fri May 24, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#58 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm

You don’t lose much using rampage with Holding Grudge. You can use Rampage in Furious for 20 sec boost and you don’t drop all rage (you keep the 25% damage boost with no defense penalty)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#59 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:00 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:44 pm You don’t lose much using rampage with Holding Grudge. You can use Rampage in Furious for 20 sec boost and you don’t drop all rage (you keep the 25% damage boost with no defense penalty)
Yes that is one way to make it stronger, except that you have to go into the otherwise useless middle tree as an AoE spec in order to get that tactic. Perhaps switching Power Through and Holding Grudges between trees would make more sense, since 2h Spec is more about big hits with max rage.

Currently, in order to bring ID, Rampage, Shatter Limbs, and Holding Grudges you need to be rr70. Not saying that’s good or bad, just saying that’s how high you need to be to incorporate that tactic into the standard AoE build.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

kmark101

Post#60 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:00 pm

Karast wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:40 am ... Even with some minor AoE armor debuffing magical damage outclasses physical, and it gets worse with each new set upper armor values.
That's what I was exactly describing in my previous thread here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31722 but only got bashed heavily by same whiners... :(
Gryyw - Ironbreaker