Recent Topics

Ads

IB tactic Seen it all before

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jildaz

IB tactic Seen it all before

Post#1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:13 pm

Hey,

Are we 100% certain that the tactic acutally reduce the crit dmg taken to 85% ? cause i feel like crits does the exact same dmg w/o the tactic.

thanks
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
Alresidas

Re: IB tactic Seen it all before

Post#2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:49 pm

The base crit-multiplier isn't a constant, but a range ~ about 1.35-1.55*, iirc.

The tactic does work; I suggest you test it in combination with the -%critdmg liniment (Immutable Defense, something along those lines) to make the reduction more tangible and noticeable.

Also run a parser and utilize the reintroduced /duel function for convenience sake.

Greetings,
D.

E:*Source; take it with a grain of salt as official documentation is still lacking.

Acamano

Post#3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Tested it with a mara who just used basic attacks, then a magus who used dot's.
From what I've found it only reduced both physical and magic crit damage by 10% and with the high damage output of casters it will hardly matter having this tactic slotted. The difference being maybe 2 or 3 extra seconds from 10k hp and 35% corp/ele/spirt resistances to death which may not even be one proc of GnM if your using it.

From my limited testing so far, I would deem this tactic near worthless and find extra armor / less kd time to be more useful vs. the physical dmg crit mdps (Choppa/Mara/WE especially). Against magus/sorc it really doesn't matter what you do, your dead either way unless they are very bad.

This is all considering 1vX environments and the tactic's performance against damage that was not being avoided.

Ramasee

Post#4 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:10 pm

The tactic reduces the duration of snares in half and provides -15% critdamagetaken. It does not reduce crit damage to 85%.

Critical damage is 45% (+/-10%) like Alresidas said. The enemy may have +%crit damage from a tactic or mechanic.

So with the tactic you have 30% (+/-10%) + enemycritdamagestat

Acamano

Post#5 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 pm

That makes more sense. Thanks for explaining the calculation, it correlates better with my data.
If you find the 1/2 duration of snares to be beneficial by all means take this tactic. I don't seem to have an issue with snare as most classes can just re-apply them anyways in a time period of 5s - 10s. Positioning and being first to snare + jugg is more reliable, imo if you were that concerned with snare duration I would suggest tactic for 20s Juggernaut cd over SIAB, in terms of breaking snare, i guess.
Still, understanding the calculation better now, I would still pass on this tactic. There is a better, more effective option (imo) to break snare, and the damage reduced is still very mediocre and essentially will give you maybe 2 auto attacks of damage reduced from a 1000hp crit hit.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:47 pm

See SIAB as an extension of UJ; the idea is to use both of them together, preferably alongside Quick Escape and/or a speed proc weapon. IBs who use such a spec are the most mobile tanks on the battlefield, which is a huge advantage over every other tank (you can further augment this with Stoutness of Stone and Avalanche, though I would use Heal Debuff over Avalanche for 6-man). The crit negative component is happy bonus.